ADVERTISEMENT

Big news

Big news coming before Thursday, I posted about my guy at St.Johns and everyone laughed when i posted teams involved in another thread and it came out a few days later. MSU and Texas on deck.
That article about Bamba's brother claiming he took money for his recruitment doesn't seem so laughable now . I love how everyone disregarded that when it first came out saying he was a jealous blow hard lol. There isn't a good enough excuse in the world (besides money) to choose Texas over Kentucky and there is A LOT of statistical data to back that up.

Interesting , I believe Izzo qualifies as a bigger name. Mamba was a weird recruitment but he had ties to Shaka, not totally sold he took cash.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
Big news coming before Thursday, I posted about my guy at St.Johns and everyone laughed when i posted teams involved in another thread and it came out a few days later. MSU and Texas on deck.

So, you're just going to leave it at that? You posted it here, so are you implying it involves UK? I don't understand the need for teasing. If you know something, it's not going to change anything to say it now.

So, you're just going to leave it at that? You posted it here, so are you implying it involves UK? I don't understand the need for teasing. If you know something, it's not going to change anything to say it now.

I know nothing 100%...I have just been lucky with a guy up north who keeps up and stays in with other people. Honestly no...The only thing I heard about UK had done come out with Knox and W.Carter from Duke...Of course NN stuff but anyone who follows CBB heard about that way before this...Adebayo or however it is spelled caught I think everyone off guard-Which for what we all know is nothing...I may be wrong but so far the source has been pretty close to accurate...I just thought some of you basketball people would enjoy the info.. I don't think by the end of the week ill be getting laughed at again over another post like this though lol

I know nothing 100%...I have just been lucky with a guy up north who keeps up and stays in with other people. Honestly no...The only thing I heard about UK had done come out with Knox and W.Carter from Duke...Of course NN stuff but anyone who follows CBB heard about that way before this...Adebayo or however it is spelled caught I think everyone off guard-Which for what we all know is nothing...I may be wrong but so far the source has been pretty close to accurate...I just thought some of you basketball people would enjoy the info.. I don't think by the end of the week ill be getting laughed at again over another post like this though lol
I'll give you a shot, but you yourself said you know nothing 100%. Will be interested to hear if JA is involved Bc his commitment was very late and apparently liked UK a lot, but by the time we came back around he said thanks but no thanks, so I could see Texas paying him a little grease money. What do you know MSU wise? Tom Izzo probably a step away from suicide

Reactions: kyhunter88
Ohio State, St. Johns, Ok State, Texas, Indiana, Michigan State, USC, Florida State, Miami, UCLA, Arizona, Kansas, UNC, Maryland, Minnesota, Villanova, Baylor, Alabama, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Michigan, Duke, LSU, Uconn, SMU, Iowa State, Kentucky, Oregon, G'town.......Is a list of schools that are supposedly involved.

Anyone care to fact check that list that was on the spreadsheet? I don't have the pics saved

I'll give you a shot, but you yourself said you know nothing 100%. Will be interested to hear if JA is involved Bc his commitment was very late and apparently liked UK a lot, but by the time we came back around he said thanks but no thanks, so I could see Texas paying him a little grease money. What do you know MSU wise? Tom Izzo probably a step away from suicide

I say I know nothing 100% bc I am talking after someone who thinks Jesus himself attended ST. Johns! He isn't 100% either, But so far with a lot of this stuff going on he has been pretty dang close and 50% right is good enough for me. I'd enjoy it much better knowing my team is clear.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
Anyone care to fact check that list that was on the spreadsheet? I don't have the pics saved

I listed several more teams then yahoos folk listed..I like my source...Might not know a thing but it has been pretty dang good so far...Welcome to save this topic and if I am wrong laugh at me lol but I don't think it will be off by much.

I say I know nothing 100% bc I am talking after someone who thinks Jesus himself attended ST. Johns! He isn't 100% either, But so far with a lot of this stuff going on he has been pretty dang close and 50% right is good enough for me. I'd enjoy it much better knowing my team is clear.
Who's your team? And what have you heard on MSU? Jw

That article about Bamba's brother claiming he took money for his recruitment doesn't seem so laughable now . I love how everyone disregarded that when it first came out saying he was a jealous blow hard lol. There isn't a good enough excuse in the world (besides money) to choose Texas over Kentucky and there is A LOT of statistical data to back that up.

To be fair, Bamba will still go too 5, possibly too 3

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
If the next big news leak comes on a mid week day of some big match-ups or on Friday we will can almost be convinced that this is an orchestrated attack on college basketball by someone who is already caught up in the scandal .Maybe the FBI should start looking at who is messing with their cases. It seems someone has an agenda here more than just the fringe media working a story.

If the next big news leak comes on a mid week day of some big match-ups or on Friday we will can almost be convinced that this is an orchestrated attack on college basketball by someone who is already caught up in the scandal .Maybe the FBI should start looking at who is messing with their cases. It seems someone has an agenda here more than just the fringe media working a story.

Nah it’s orchestrated by Thammel and Ford. I think they have the info or know the info and are spreading it as they see fit.

Nah it’s orchestrated by Thammel and Ford. I think they have the info or know the info and are spreading it as they see fit.
I agree in that someone is using them to do it,but most likely someone's lawyer(who has access to information) is feeding it to them or already has fed them what they have. I think timing here is very telling.The FBI may get tired of this if they already haven't.

Another one we were on, but didn't get. Starting to see a pattern of guys Cal was after and either backed off, or shocked everyone by picking someone else. I think that alone is a strong indication Cal is not involved in paying recruits. At all.

Izzo should just retire after this season. He needs to quit while he’s still ahead.

Based on the reporting & stories that have been made public over the last few months, he needs to borrow the DeLorean and convince his past self to retire about 4 or 5 years ago.

I'm still perplexed by the revelation of a guy who was highly regarded by nearly everyone in numerous circles, and his demeanor & personality spoke to him as a respected member in the community and his profession, only to find out he seemingly could care less about the behavior of his players and staff- including serial incidents of sexual assault or worse.
For that matter, even when he found out, it wasn't just that he didn't take any action that would have a negative impact on his team or the public image of the program, he didn't even care enough to handle things behind the scenes to reign in the despicable, illegal, and destructive pattern of behavior. That's some cold-blooded heartlessness, and apparently he and their football coach were in competition with one another to see whose program could wreak the most damage in town and shatter the most lives of the young people they sat back, watched, and let happen again and again without caring enough to be bothered with lifting so much as a finger to put a stop to it all.

0% chance Bamba is drafted before Bagley, Porter, or Jarren Jackson. And more likely than not he isn't going ahead of Wendell Carter or Trae Young. Bamba is going to go 8-10

Not so sure about 0%.

To be fair only one mock matches your order and it is by far the worst one. (Still has Shai at 13 and Diallo at 18)

Every other major mock has Bamba top 5.

You may end up correct but it isn’t impossible that Bamba doesn’t go higher.

Not so sure about 0%.

To be fair only one mock matches your order and it is by far the worst one. (Still has Shai at 13 and Diallo at 18)

Every other major mock has Bamba top 5.

You may end up correct but it isn’t impossible that Bamba doesn’t go higher.
I'm not even sure which mock you're referring to I quit paying attention to any of them once draftexpress went behind the ESPN pay wall because honestly they all stink outside of it. My point with Bamba is that if you watch the NBA where does he fit in today's game that puts him ahead of those guys? He can't even drag Texas to wins. He's literally Nerlens Noel with a touch more offense. Go look at the advanced metrics on their college careers. They are very similar except Nerlens stands true as the better defender. I love Nerlens but he literally can't even get in games. It's not all because of Carlisle either he really didn't do anything in Philly that's why they were apt to trade him. Bamba just like Nerlens has a lower ceiling than Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, Porter, Young, or Jackson. I personally think he's got a lower ceiling than Wendell Carter too in todays NBA. In most years there isn't this much top end talent and Bamba would be top 5 and probably top 2-3 but this year there is just too many really skilled players at the top.

Having said all that is it out of the realm of possibilities that some gm gets enamored with his measurables and pops on him at 2 or 3? Of course not. However I think NBA gm's are trending in a way where a guys crazy wingspan and standing reach wont be enough to get him over some of the highly skilled players that are out there this year

Last edited:
Reactions: ZaytovenCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT