ADVERTISEMENT

Beshear allowing most retail to re-open May 20, barber shops May 25.

This is a very good article from a far-right wing publication company that is on target and describes some posters from sites like the one I'm on right now.
https://thefederalist.com/2014/01/1...bn_3oM6qv2EkkgV0rXliGjbjkMROV2yBoG4CH7Zwn12EQ
THE IRRATIONAL APE by John Grimes may be of interest to you, as it addresses issues like this.
Here is but one, of many, reviews to give you insight into the book: https://www.rte.ie/culture/2019/0930/1079203-reviewed-the-irrational-ape-by-david-robert-grimes/

Reactions: Ky grandpa
60,000+ deaths in 2 months is hardly shifting the goal posts, it is the goal post. Again, name me a contagious disease that takes 2,500 lives a month.

This has nothing to do with the flu, that's just an attempt to confuse the issue.

I don't have an answer on what to do, sure as hell wouldn't be here if I did. Besides...we have a "stable genius" working on that as we speak.
Your Democrat talking points are polluting this board. Give it a rest !

Levibooty is full of garbage. Everyone sees past your nonsense posts. ....

And seemingly addicted to garbage as well.

-There aren't a bunch of hospitals overwhelmed.
-The ships and emergency hospitals barely saw any IF they saw any covid patients.
-The only thing the worst-hit-states have in common is liberal leadership in their biggest cities (and the nursing home death sentence mentioned above).

If you're still watching CBS, (after they twice fraudulently used footage from Italy claiming it was a US hospital), CNN and MSNBC with their bs cuomo shows on the daily, or any other propaganda network (like those, Pbs, or Fox) for your facts and data, it's no wonder sewage is clogging your ears. Look at the data without any preconceived ideas or viewpoints and see for yourself what the hardest hit states have in common.

Reactions: gojvc and shutzhund
Levi is afraid of the Big Bad Bug. :(

If anyone is over 65 and/or has immunocompromising issues (cardiovascular isdues, diabetes, obesity), they SHOULD be afraid of it. It's not a guaranteed death sentence, but that person would be high risk. Not being careful at any time and any year is foolish if you are high risk

Reactions: Levibooty
Nice post but sorry it is not accurate. You have no accounted for all the emergency hospitals built by ACOE. The fact is actually those areas being overwhelmed right now, are where the meat processing plants exist such as Waterloo Ia. https://www.meatpoultry.com/articles/22993-covid-19-meat-plant-map nursing homes are being cleared out as well. You have to explain why the military was called in to support and rest exhausted medical personnel. ...

Those medical hospitals went mostly unused for covid patients to the tune of about 98% unused on average.

The closure of plants is because of positive tests and other corporate decisions, not deaths nor hospitalizations. You're still irrationally comparing apples to bananas at this point.

If the medical personnel are exhausted, it's because the hospitals have drastically reduced staff 1. thinking they'd profit from all the projected virus cases and the lucrative payout they'd get (up to 30k+) and 2. because they can't do "elective" procedures.

They should and should have isolated and protected the vulnerable and those caring for/serving them first and foremost. They wasted resources and left them vulnerable instead, and those that have and will die because of what they've done to the economy will be further blood on their hands.

Reactions: CB3UK and Jazzycat
Well, in KY we've had 2200+ die of the flu this season and only 213 due to the China virus.

The numbers in NE part of the country are disproportionate to the rest of the country.

I'm not discounting safety, but not sure the Governors response is hitting the mark; Especially when you go to Walmart, Kroger and Lowes in my town and they're packed with people.

Whoa, back up a bit.

I will have to see that over ten times have died from the flu than from the virus somewhere besides a sports blog before I accept it as gospel.

Well this was easy:
Flu vaccines are available either as: a trivalent or quadrivalent intramuscular injection (IIV3, IIV4, or RIV4, that is, TIV or QIV), which contains the inactivated form of the virus. a nasal spray of live attenuated influenza vaccine (LAIV, Q/LAIV), which contains the live but attenuated (weakened) form of the virus.

Just in time.

I was just thinking about going in and shooting up the VA clinic that gave me a flu shot this year.

cb4beb4e-9f55-4d23-9f07-928ec6b2cc2c
646,000 people die each year due to falls. Mandate everyone be placed in bubble Wrap

That, after I warned them about getting too close to the edge of the world. Maybe bubble wrap might be better though.

That’s easy. That 12/24 month period you cite for flu deaths is from 6 to 12 times longer than the period it has taken the Covid to kill 64,000 Americans the last two months with the greatest preventative health measures enacted since 1918 to prevent the spread.

You are wasting your time arguing with that guy.

Reactions: The-Hack
Those medical hospitals went mostly unused for covid patients to the tune of about 98% unused on average.

The closure of plants is because of positive tests and other corporate decisions, not deaths nor hospitalizations. You're still irrationally comparing apples to bananas at this point.

If the medical personnel are exhausted, it's because the hospitals have drastically reduced staff 1. thinking they'd profit from all the projected virus cases and the lucrative payout they'd get (up to 30k+) and 2. because they can't do "elective" procedures.

They should and should have isolated and protected the vulnerable and those caring for/serving them first and foremost. They wasted resources and left them vulnerable instead, and those that have and will die because of what they've done to the economy will be further blood on their hands.

LOL What HS! You don't have the first clue about what you're talking about.

LOL What HS! You don't have the first clue about what you're talking about. There is actual data that makes the pathetic morons that is so prevalent on the internet today. People either too lazy to research or simply driven by agenda's rather than accurate info. In other words a fool such as yourself. You don't seem to understand something about this virus: You get sick before you die!

Last edited:
And seemingly addicted to garbage as well.

-There aren't a bunch of hospitals overwhelmed.
-The ships and emergency hospitals barely saw any IF they saw any covid patients.
-The only thing the worst-hit-states have in common is liberal leadership in their biggest cities (and the nursing home death sentence mentioned above).

If you're still watching CBS, (after they twice fraudulently used footage from Italy claiming it was a US hospital), CNN and MSNBC with their bs cuomo shows on the daily, or any other propaganda network (like those, Pbs, or Fox) for your facts and data, it's no wonder sewage is clogging your ears. Look at the data without any preconceived ideas or viewpoints and see for yourself what the hardest hit states have in common.
Intensely populated areas with high visitation rates?

Elective surgeries have been put on hold - in some cases, cancer detection procedures, critical dialysis and heart procedures - all in the name of fear of COVID19. These hospitals were promised more money if the cause of death was traced to CV. Meanwhile, folks I know have been put on hold for further life saving procedures due to:

1. Keeping medical personnel and facilities available for CV patients (which have yet to materialize)

2. Now, these people are fearful of going in these facilities because of contracting the virus and dying from it.

This makes me extremely frustrated as a friend and relative and I want to know WHY these people have been denied lifesaving treatments in the name of a virus that has a 97.5% recovery rate.

Reactions: CB3UK
Why was Dr. Fauci muted? That seems entirely in line with someone who thinks getting rid of the pandemic response team a good idea, or that there are only 15 people with the virus and we have it under control. People have been denying the truth from day one and some are now claiming to be the standard bearers of truth and accuracy. Dr. Fauci being muted is but one data point in an ongoing story of incompetence and negligence some simply refuse to question.

It's time to open up, and let's greet this virus with a middle finger. The collateral consquences to this unconstitutional and ludicrous lockdown are a calamity. The cure is worse than the disease. Open up directly.
I will give you the "cure vs disease" at this point. But I think we absolutely needed to shut down for a while to give our med system and country a chance to slow down the spread, adapt and get a handle on this virus. It was spreading like wildfire and would have shut down businesses out of fear anyway. No way people in New York or most other populated areas would be going out to eat and shopping with dead bodies piling up at nursing homes, funeral parlors and hospitals. This had to be done, but it is time to get back to work. If it flares up again, we can adjust as needed.

Elective surgeries have been put on hold - in some cases, cancer detection procedures, critical dialysis and heart procedures - all in the name of fear of COVID19. These hospitals were promised more money if the cause of death was traced to CV. Meanwhile, folks I know have been put on hold for further life saving procedures due to:

1. Keeping medical personnel and facilities available for CV patients (which have yet to materialize)

2. Now, these people are fearful of going in these facilities because of contracting the virus and dying from it.

This makes me extremely frustrated as a friend and relative and I want to know WHY these people have been denied lifesaving treatments in the name of a virus that has a 97.5% recovery rate.
You do realize that as of right now slowing transmission is the ONLY way we have to combat the spread of this contagion and that 70,000 people have died in less than two months despite quarantining! I'm also scheduled for major surgery, but I understand why I've been put on delay. Can you imagine how hard it was for our fathers and mothers to live through WWII? Count your blessings is my advice.

Intensely populated areas with high visitation rates?
This is what is laughable about how some people try to argue a point. You posted on several occasions a video showing how total number of cases changed over time for each country in order to try and make it appear that the USA handled this event poorly compared to other countries. When it was pointed out that comparing different sized countries, countries with different visitation rates, and different population densities, based on total cases was laughable, you disappeared. Now that it serves your purpose visitation rates and population density matter.

This is what is laughable about how some people try to argue a point. You posted on several occasions a video showing how total number of cases changed over time for each country in order to try and make it appear that the USA handled this event poorly compared to other countries. When it was pointed out that comparing different sized countries, countries with different visitation rates, and different population densities, based on total cases was laughable, you disappeared. Now that it serves your purpose visitation rates and population density matter.

How could anybody misunderstand the fact that the USA has a quarter of the world fatalities from Covid-19 under the Trump carnival of complete clusterfluck! They are willfully blind. That means they could come to a different conclusion but work hard to present information in a deceitful and advantageous way. Given those facts they show they have the intellect to face the truth but choose not too. What does that make them? Willfully deceitful even to the point of muting Dr. Fauci Hmmm...

How could anybody misunderstand the fact that the USA has a quarter of the world fatalities from Covid-19 under the Trump carnival of complete clusterfluck! They are willfully blind. That means they could come to a different conclusion but work hard to present information in a deceitful and advantageous way. Given those facts they show they have the intellect to face the truth but choose not too. What does that make them? Willfully deceitful even to the point of muting Dr. Fauci Hmmm...
Laughable response from you as usual. All you do is deflect from the facts made against you. You never specifically address any factual criticisms made against you.

I will give you the "cure vs disease" at this point. But I think we absolutely needed to shut down for a while to give our med system and country a chance to slow down the spread, adapt and get a handle on this virus. It was spreading like wildfire and would have shut down businesses out of fear anyway. No way people in New York or most other populated areas would be going out to eat and shopping with dead bodies piling up at nursing homes, funeral parlors and hospitals. This had to be done, but it is time to get back to work. If it flares up again, we can adjust as needed.
Cannot disagree with anything you posted here.

Reactions: sambowieshin
Just one poll but results are interesting...

Less than half of Americans want several types of businesses listed above. Even a Republican majority only want golf courses and retail open. This is with infection rates plateauing nationwide...not even seeing a steady decline.

Seeing stuff like this reminds me that online debate/rhetoric (which usually is carried out by the most partisan among us) is rarely an accurate reflection of what the majority of people feel like who take more "down the middle" views of things.

Just one poll but results are interesting...

Less than half of Americans want several types of businesses listed above. Even a Republican majority only want golf courses and retail open. This is with infection rates plateauing nationwide...not even seeing a steady decline.

Seeing stuff like this reminds me that online debate/rhetoric (which usually is carried out by the most partisan among us) is rarely an accurate reflection of what the majority of people feel like who take more "down the middle" views of things.
I don't know how to post links like that, but Rasmussen has just released a poll with very different results. I would note that the Rasmussen polls tended to be the most accurate polls regarding the 2016 Presidential election. Not that this has a lot of significance other than anecdotally, but I would not give my opinions on any this issue to any issue to any pollster, for the same reason that I refrain from sharing my opinion about this on my Facebook.

I don't know how to post links like that, but Rasmussen has just released a poll with very different results. I would note that the Rasmussen polls tended to be the most accurate polls regarding the 2016 Presidential election. Not that this has a lot of significance other than anecdotally, but I would not give my opinions on any this issue to any issue to any pollster, for the same reason that I refrain from sharing my opinion about this on my Facebook.

You click on the individual tweet link (the one that has the time the tweet was published...usually says something like "X hours" or "X minutes". It's usually to the right of the Twitter account's name.) and then copy and paste that URL into the comment section here.

If you paste the Rasmussen here I'd be happy to check it out!

YaketySax = Levibooty
Same person for sure.

Ha. I just linked to a poll, my guy. I would have thought a lot more Americans wanted to open back up. I thought it was a) surprising but also acknowledged b) it's only one poll so not at all comprehensive.

I do like and agree with many of Levibooty's football opinions though...Now that you mention it, one has ever seen Yakety and Levi in the same place before...hmmmmm...

Reactions: Levibooty
You click on the individual tweet link (the one that has the time the tweet was published...usually says something like "X hours" or "X minutes". It's usually to the right of the Twitter account's name.) and then copy and paste that URL into the comment section here.

If you paste the Rasmussen here I'd be happy to check it out!
It's not a tweet but here's the link:

www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3841728/posts

It doesn't link directly to the poll, but to a news article reporting it.

Reactions: YaketySax
Ha. I just linked to a poll, my guy. I would have thought a lot more Americans wanted to open back up. I thought it was a) surprising but also acknowledged b) it's only one poll so not at all comprehensive.

I do like and agree with many of Levibooty's football opinions though...Now that you mention it, one has ever seen Yakety and Levi in the same place before...hmmmmm...
I wouldn't pay any attention to polls. You can get any result you want from one. This is a good illustration of that. Apple has been releasing tracking data on your phone's location, again this is something else that needs to be addressed but let's get back to the point. What the tracking data shows is more than half the population is no longer abiding by the lockdowns now anyway. Now while this trackign data doesn't break it down by political party, it's still safe to assume that an equal share of iphone users are democrats. So I find it really funny that only 14% of democrats think those activities should be open while over half of the same democrats are already doing those things with the lockdowns not even being lifted yet.

Bottom line is the lock downs are already over. Even before anyone lifted them. People are just not abiding by them anymore.

I wouldn't pay any attention to polls.

Bottom line is the lock downs are already over. Even before anyone lifted them. People are just not abiding by them anymore.

I do pay attention to them if they are methodologically sound (was a business major and did a MBA so had to take too many stats classes), but I will always be the first to point out that one poll isn't comprehensive at all, and should be taken with a grain of salt. Just for discussion and bookmarking more than anything else.

In terms of abiding, I can only speak for Ohio, but people are still abiding by them here. Gov DeWine has high approval ratings for his leadership, according to multiple polls, and has basically assured his reelection.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT