ADVERTISEMENT

Be ready for “conveniently timed” Calipari events tomorrow (or soon)

Nipit Nip It In The Bud GIF - Nipit Nip It In The Bud GIFs

I knew Triple C was a colossal POS for several years now. Recently he’s shown even more of his true colors. He’s going to take some shots and he’ll land a few blows. But in the end he’ll just be a bitter old asshat and UK basketball will rise to its rightful place and he’ll be a universally disliked jerk. He’ll have a bank full of money but he can shove all that right up his ass.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle
Hmmm, if our former coach had taken this advice over the last 4 seasons, we might have won a few more than 2 postseason games!

I knew Triple C was a colossal POS for several years now. Recently he’s shown even more of his true colors. He’s going to take some shots and he’ll land a few blows. But in the end he’ll just be a bitter old asshat and UK basketball will rise to its rightful place and he’ll be a universally disliked jerk. He’ll have a bank full of money but he can shove all that right up his ass.
Yea it sucks too. I always liked Arky and their fans. Cal will ruin that, and I'll end up hating the whole school. LOL.

People were reporting what Tubby did at Minnesota and High Point and what Pitino did in Greece. We even got updates on Gillispie.

There is absolutely no way this board won't dwell on Cal, especially while he's in the SEC.

Exactly.

This place will double as a UK and Arkansas board the next few seasons, just like it was probably the most active Minnesota basketball forum from 2007-09.

I mean, Arkansas has no one on their roster and it’s assumed a coach is going to take most guys with him if he moves schools.

It’s not exactly breaking news to predict things are going to happen for Cal soon. Doesn’t mean it’s “orchestrated” as some revenge against us.

Reactions: Drudis
I mean, Arkansas has no one on their roster and it’s assumed a coach is going to take most guys with him if he moves schools.

It’s not exactly breaking news to predict things are going to happen for Cal soon. Doesn’t mean it’s “orchestrated” as some revenge against us.

Im not saying anything prophetic, and Im not saying it's revenge against us. What I am saying is that Calipari orchestrates the timing of his player additions and the reality of his player additions is that it means poaching guys committed or already at Kentucky.

Calipari therefore is the competitor and therefore is the enemy. HIs goal is to surpass Kentucky and his clear intention is to do that at the behest of Kentucky.

What are you all worried about?

Some 18-year-old kids who are going to be gone in a year, two max.

He's going to sign some elite talent. That talent will have NBA draft hype at least, if not lottery.

Arkansas will probably get some pre-season love.

We know the drill, and it wasn't good enough here.

Im not saying anything prophetic, and Im not saying it's revenge against us. What I am saying is that Calipari orchestrates the timing of his player additions and the reality of his player additions is that it means poaching guys committed or already at Kentucky.

Calipari therefore is the competitor and therefore is the enemy. HIs goal is to surpass Kentucky and his clear intention is to do that at the behest of Kentucky.

You’re starting with your feelings in mind and viewing whatever happens as confirmation of it. Of course he’s adding guys.

Calling it orchestrated is silly. If he had that much control, he’d have instantly put his big fish in the boat at Arkansas. Instead he’s still waiting. You could easily argue that makes him look like they aren’t as devoted to him.

You’re starting with your feelings in mind and viewing whatever happens as confirmation of it. Of course he’s adding guys.

Calling it orchestrated is silly. If he had that much control, he’d have instantly put his big fish in the boat at Arkansas. Instead he’s still waiting. You could easily argue that makes him look like they aren’t as devoted to him.

100% disagree. He's orchestrated timing of commitments for 15 years and we should all know that. Not sure what emotion has to do with it.

Gonna make it even funnier when Pope beats him next year, using a roster full of walkons, and 3 star players. Cal will standing on the sidelines with the deer in the headlight look that we are used to seeing.

Our fans complain about Cal being all about him and trying to garner as much attention as possible in every breath they take.

Do you all not realize that by starting 856 new threads daily on every move he makes only adds fuel to that fire? You all are giving him exactly what you say he is seeking….

We should have one Cal thread and all general bitching should be done there.

100% disagree. He's orchestrated timing of commitments for 15 years and we should all know that. Not sure what emotion has to do with it.

You think Cal wants to still have no guys on the roster? That he’s waiting until after Mark Pope…does what?

You think he wants JQ visiting Louisville?

You think he wants DJ “exploring all options?”

What about the last 15 offseasons makes you think Cal is pulling the strings on what these kids choose to do after the year ends?

You think Cal wants to still have no guys on the roster? That he’s waiting until after Mark Pope…does what?

You think he wants JQ visiting Louisville?

You think he wants DJ “exploring all options?”

What about the last 15 offseasons makes you think Cal is pulling the strings on what these kids choose to do after the year ends?

The greater divergence between Calipari's goal and reality the better it is for Kentucky. What Calipari wants to present is that all the guys who came to Kentucky did that solely for him -- not the greater program or anything else, but him.

Now, will it play out that DJ does in fact pursue other options and JQ goes somewhere other than Arkansas? That'd be great, but we know Calipari's play.

But we should have no illusions that Calipari will act any different at Arkansas than he did at Kentucky. That makes him a competitor and that's how it is.

Yea it sucks too. I always liked Arky and their fans. Cal will ruin that, and I'll end up hating the whole school. LOL.
Back in the 90s they were a formidable opponent. I can’t remember if they were nasty or not though because I didn’t personally know any of their fans. I have been suprised there really hasn’t been that many hate trolls coming over though. I do think your right though, before this is over it has the potential to get ugly.

Gonna make it even funnier when Pope beats him next year, using a roster full of walkons, and 3 star players. Cal will standing on the sidelines with the deer in the headlight look that we are used to seeing.
God knows we aren’t worried about the players he’s taking coming into Rupp next year and hitting shots. They had enough trouble doing that with Rupp being their home court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT