ADVERTISEMENT

Ashton Hagans Snapchat

fadkins82476

Sophomore
Nov 19, 2019
Here's the snapchat story that showed AH with stacks of cash. No perspective on the situation but not the best look.

I’ve said it since he got here. Ashton just isn’t that smart. Low B-ball IQ is evident but it stretches further than that I’m afraid.

But really, it doesn’t mean anything. Kentucky wouldn’t be handing out a stack like that to a player like Ashton. It’s probably someone else's money. Which I’m more worried about.

What dead beat is he kickin it with? Might be the real reason for the suspension.

I’ve said it since he got here. Ashton just isn’t that smart. Low B-ball IQ is evident but it stretches further than that I’m afraid.

But really, it doesn’t mean anything. Kentucky wouldn’t be handing out a stack like that to a player like Ashton. It’s probably someone else's money. Which I’m more worried about.

What dead beat is he kickin it with? Might be the real reason for the suspension.
Having money makes someone a deadbeat?

I am afraid you are right. Eric Lindsey and crew spend a lot of time with these guys. Talk about what to say, and how each player can protect their brand. Ashton either fell asleep or was not paying attention during these sessions.

It’s all speculative at this point. Maybe it’s normal for university students to walk around with a stack of cash now.
Pretty normal for high level D1 athletes these days. There are countless videos like this of big time football and basketball players from other programs doing similar. Most of them flash new cars most average people could never afford.

I just don't understand why a player in a high visibility position like Ashton would post a video like that with no explanation.

He HAS to know it ignites all sort of speculation. So working under that assumption, he either doesn't care or he's inviting it - neither of which are choices a highly visible college player should choose. NBA? Sure, do whatever you want or your employer allows. But not a college kid.

Cal has a situation on his hands and I hope he addresses it head-on. Maybe it's nothing serious and just poor judgement from Ashton, but regardless Cal needs to address it swiftly, tourney be damned.

You don't sit out a game as the starting PG and then the next day post a video like that without knowing what you're stirring up.

Flashing a large amount of cash even though he's not allowed to work? Some of you can continue to stick your head in the sand but this guy is nothing but trouble. If you're trying to look like a punk, talk like a punk and act like a punk, you might be a punk. How many times has Cal suspended a player during the season? I can't think of any. Not a good look for our supposed team leader. Between he and the Dragon's drama, no wonder we lost to Evansville and Utah. Glad we were able to gut out 25 wins but the SEC is complete garbage this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT