ADVERTISEMENT

Ashton Hagans Snapchat

How old is it?

This is the question I can’t get an answer to. I’m not Snapchat savvy so someone please tell me when this video was taken and or posted?

If it was last year I couldn’t care less. If it was yesterday I’m not worried but slightly more concerned. Not about the money—every one of these kids does this crap now. But worried that Ashton while suspended thought it wise to post a silly video like this. That would be a very silly decision and although not a huge deal makes me worried about his mindset moving forward.

Oh yeah and LMFAO at all the UL trolls and chicken littles who are already blowing this way out of proportion. At worst, it’s bad judgment at a bad time. At best, it’s a silly video from 6-12 months ago.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I just don't understand why a player in a high visibility position like Ashton would post a video like that with no explanation.

He HAS to know it ignites all sort of speculation. So working under that assumption, he either doesn't care or he's inviting it - neither of which are choices a highly visible college player should choose. NBA? Sure, do whatever you want or your employer allows. But not a college kid.

Cal has a situation on his hands and I hope he addresses it head-on. Maybe it's nothing serious and just poor judgement from Ashton, but regardless Cal needs to address it swiftly, tourney be damned.

You don't sit out a game as the starting PG and then the next day post a video like that without knowing what you're stirring up.
How do you know when he posted it? No date on the video. Stop assuming stupid ish.

Hopefully the thread goes away, so since it’s going to I want to ask.....

Have I been the only person that thinks Hagans feels and looks way more like a Kansas player than a UK player?
turk-yes-no.gif

Flashing a large amount of cash even though he's not allowed to work? Some of you can continue to stick your head in the sand but this guy is nothing but trouble. If you're trying to look like a punk, talk like a punk and act like a punk, you might be a punk. How many times has Cal suspended a player during the season? I can't think of any. Not a good look for our supposed team leader. Between he and the Dragon's drama, no wonder we lost to Evansville and Utah. Glad we were able to gut out 25 wins but the SEC is complete garbage this year.
Perhaps it was his girls money? the caption did mention her. Talk like a punk and look like a punk saying shoeboxxx and using slang terms is talking like a punk and looking like a punk is wearing a hoodie? smells like George Zimmerman in here

No cover to blow here. Just pointing out the obvious. Ashton is stupid for putting that on there and it’s an awful look. Wouldn’t mind if he didn’t come back ever.

I tend to agree. If fans can find this snap on a message forum, then I certainly expect UK Athletics compliance has seen it. Even in the best case of this being fake money or someone else's money, it shows that Hagans is an absolute moron. I have been a Hagans fan the entire way even after this leave of absence, but there is just no excuse for this. As far as I'm concern, zero tolerance for this kind of stupidity with potential serious ramifications to the program.

I’m a little thrown off by the few people in this thread who took this as an opportunity to shit on Kentucky fans, as if they’re the ones who coerced Ashton into making this idiotic decision to post something like this to on social media. It’s not smart.

I tend to agree. If fans can find this snap on a message forum, then I certainly expect UK Athletics compliance has seen it. Even in the best case of this being fake money or someone else's money, it shows that Hagans is an absolute moron. I have been a Hagans fan the entire way even after this leave of absence, but there is just no excuse for this. As far as I'm concern, zero tolerance for this kind of stupidity with potential serious ramifications to the program.
curious what do you mean serious ramifications?

and this isnt even the snapchat the wife and I saw...... we saw the one with him and a woman holding up cash like that.

I think we'll hear at some point he got money from an agent.....

I feel like we should all be able to agree on the simple fact that a college athlete posting himself with ENORMOUS stacks of cash on social media is a bad look. I mean, for all we disagree on I think we could agree on this.

Imagine this same Snapchat post ... but now it’s Vernon Carey. Same reaction?

I’m a little thrown off by the few people in this thread who took this as an opportunity to shit on Kentucky fans, as if they’re the ones who coerced Ashton into making this idiotic decision to post something like this to on social media. It’s not smart.

I’m not shitting on UK fans for saying this was stupid by Hagans. Think that goes without saying, although I’m reserving full judgment as I said in my post until I see exactly when this was taken and posted.

I am pretty disappointed that UK fans would take a post by a known UL douche and post it here for all to see without context. Then they go on to blast the kid without anyone being able to tell each other when this was done. Doesn’t this mean a lot less if it was a year and a half ago? Or when he was in high school? I’m just saying nobody has been able to answer when this was done.

Ashton is one of our own. Some UK fans just jumped on the exact same level as the UL fans and I don’t think that’s fair. Let’s at least give the kid the benefit of allowing for all the facts to come out before we blast him and put the team on immediate post season ban.

I’m waiting for some additional info. Sorry I don’t trust a moron UL fans post. I will wait until a trusted UK source addresses it.

BTW, even if he did this last night, it’s still not the monumental issue some are proclaiming. It’s bad judgment and if it was done within the last few days I will be disappointed and somewhat concerned about Ashtons judgment right now. But there are a lot of ifs in that and no one has told me anything yet that answers my questions or concerns.

You know the media will be asking Cal about this? Hagan’s just went from Cal’s doghouse to under it!

Hopefully it was already seen and addressed by Cal.

I feel like we should all be able to agree on the simple fact that a college athlete posting himself with ENORMOUS stacks of cash on social media is a bad look. I mean, for all we disagree on I think we could agree on this.

Imagine this same Snapchat post ... but now it’s Vernon Carey. Same reaction?
Especially at UK. If you're a player or connected to the program and sneeze.....

and this isnt even the snapchat the wife and I saw...... we saw the one with him and a woman holding up cash like that.

I think we'll hear at some point he got money from an agent.....
I sure as hell hope not. If, and I emphasize the word if, Hagans does not play going forward, then it’s certainly a possible explanation. The university couldn’t play him if they thought the money was from an agent. I hope it belonged to someone else. It might not even be that much money. There’s no way to tell.

Regardless, posting stuff like that on social media shows great immaturity at best and extreme stupidity at worst.

I wouldn’t mind if you didn’t come back ever.
What if he left but came back under a different name like six times? Imagine someone doing a thing like that.
Of course they aren't, but they are true fans who don't want to see our players in a bad light. You however.....
Apologies. I’ll try and remember to be fake and 100% homer fan no matter what my opinion is. Rational fans know this is beyond stupid.

People it’s simple. I’ll look past some of
The young bucks who probbaly don’t get it, and why should they? The NCAA issues of late aren’t how things work.

Players holding up large stacks of cash on whatever twatter gram is not a good look. No Uk didn’t give him that lol. But you simply don’t do that.

Try this. Imagine Ashton is a Louisville or Kansas player, and watch it again.

Apologies. I’ll try and remember to be fake and 100% homer fan no matter what my opinion is. Rational fans know this is beyond stupid.
nobody said it’s not i’m just saying let’s not jump on the “see at calimari guy was paying em macdonalds all americans all along” boat. haha the age old excuse “im not a player basher i’m just a realist!”

I really hate some of our fans.

People it’s simple. I’ll look past some of
The young bucks who probbaly don’t get it, and why should they? The NCAA issues of late aren’t how things work.

Players holding up large stacks of cash on whatever twatter gram is not a good look. No Uk didn’t give him that lol. But you simply don’t do that.

Try this. Imagine Ashton is a Louisville or Kansas player, and watch it again.

Exactly what I said. Watch the same video ... but now it’s Vernon Carey, or Udoka Azubuike. No big deal at all, right.

I doubt he got money from an agent Cal should be strict on that stuff now that he’s been through the camby situation

You cant stop a player from taking money from an agent ........... all you can do is suspend them afterwards like Cal did

P.S. I wasnt saying thats why cal suspended him............ I'm saying if he did take money... thats all cal could do............. I worded it wrong to where some could take it the wrong way which is why I'm editing this now.

Last edited:
Reactions: shaudyshaud
Not excusing anything
But we don’t have a time stamp correct? It’s hard to tell on my phone
So we don’t know how old this video is?
Could it have been something dug up from a while back? This isn’t something I’ve seen in any other context
No matter it IS a bad look but I’d like some more facts about it

He did one just this past weekend holding up money...

Around a week, I believe. Maybe older.

It didn't matter when it happened and it doesn't matter now except to Louisville fans and people upset with Hagans already.

Is this confirmed? Hagans hasnt been himself in quite some time, it seems.

I doubt he got money from an agent Cal should be strict on that stuff now that he’s been through the camby situation

Jesus we have fans already saying he took money from an agent. WTF?

Why would any UK fan even go there? When I was in college I had loans and Pell grants and several semesters I was able to cash checks for $5-7k cash. I wasn’t able to see any denominations but even if they are all $50’s and $100’s there is not any more than $5-7k there far as I can tell.

Not even out of the realm of reasonable that a college kid with a full ride that may be able to get an additional student loan or grant to have that much cash.

Still don’t make it anything but stupid to post the video but idiot UL fans and haters are gonna pounce and use it as evidence of wrongdoing. But that stuff should be relegated to the idiots and haters. Not our own fans. At least until there is some type of context or explanation.

I've had teenage family members who do this after their birthdays, even though we've all told them it's not a good idea. Everyone will give them money and then they'll take pictures and videos with it and post them online.

Jesus we have fans already saying he took money from an agent. WTF?

Why would any UK fan even go there? When I was in college I had loans and Pell grants and several semesters I was able to cash checks for $5-7k cash. I wasn’t able to see any denominations but even if they are all $50’s and $100’s there is not any more than $5-7k there far as I can tell.

Not even out of the realm of reasonable that a college kid with a full ride that may be able to get an additional student loan or grant to have that much cash.

Still don’t make it anything but stupid to post the video but idiot UL fans and haters are gonna pounce and use it as evidence of wrongdoing. But that stuff should be relegated to the idiots and haters. Not our own fans. At least until there is some type of context or explanation.

You would rather the entire world think a UK booster gave him that money? You are a damn idiot if you dont think UK should get out ahead of this.

What are you OP :
A UNCheater?
A Ratface?
A Jailbird?
Or a U6 Hoe?

Talking to me? I'm none of those. Grew up with Struttin' with Sutton, reached highs and lows with Pitino's Bombinos, enjoyed Tubby's run, suffered through Billy Clyde and I'm still here. So now you can GTFO. You know nothing of me or my fandom. Take off your blue-colored glasses and see the light and the truth. AH is making idiotic decisions, and don't forget, he was named in the Adidas scandal. Have a good day now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT