ADVERTISEMENT

Appalachian State at Kentucky (Sun)

Not sure what to think about the lineup changes. Whether I consider those good or bad.

4 batters for both teams in the first still 0-0. Curtis got on but tried to steal and got caught so I guess we only had 3 official at bats. Harmon batting in the 2nd spot as DH. Lots of changes in the lineup Estep at 3rd instead of Rhodes. Golda in at SS. Holen at C, Braden Daniel in right who I think gets our errors started with a missed catch bounced off the mitt in the 2nd inning.

Marsh is shaky. Gives up a run on a double, single, and sack fly in the 3rd.

UK down 1-0 in the third. Harper I believe coming in to pitch.

One hit today through 2 at bats. Not sure why you change the lineup after scoring 21 runs the day before...

Harper gives up a single for another RBI. Golda doesn't understand the basics of short. He once again fails to cover third on a ball hit over his head and it almost got by him as he scrambled late to cover the base.

Harper comes in and is shaky also. Throws a pitch by Holen on an attempted steal, next hitter places a single, and the next batter singles also giving up 2 runs now.

They didn't score that Daniel missed catch an error I guess. I thought since he got his glove on it, it would be called an error. So we haven't gotten our error this game, our two game streak is in jeopardy.

Harper gives up another double leading off the 4th. How long will he be left in?

Runner moved over on a ground out and then scores on a fly out to center. 0-4. Curtis drops an easy fly out for our error. Looking like we checked out early today. Runner on 2nd on the two base error with two outs. Taking Harper down.

There are some things out of your control but those types of errors are inexcusable. Don't start running in before you've secured it.

Carson Coleman also not sharp in relief gives up a run on a clean single. 5-0

Schultz home run makes it 5-1. Going to review whether this was fair or foul though.

Coleman battles back much better in that inning. Got two strikeouts and a grounder to the pitcher.

Coleman, I believe, has two appearances and in both has failed to shut the door and keep the opponent from scoring with inherited runners.

If things don’t improve quickly,then Mingione’s regime is a short 3 years!

Golda singles in Rhodes who had made third on the play at the plate. Looks like they left Martinez in too long. He's getting hit pretty solidly.

Trae Harmon needs to be in the hitting lineup. He just cranked another no doubter to left, a 2 run blast. 5-5

Rhodes in at 3rd throws into the dirt and Collett can't get it. We have our second error. Maybe Estep's defense should keep him in the game. No outs and a runner on first with the 2nd called error of the game.

Rhodes in at 3rd throws into the dirt and Collett can't get it. We have our second error. Maybe Estep's defense should keep him in the game. No outs and a runner on first with the 2nd called error of the game.
Should be 3rd error. 5 official on the weekend

Gabriel, quoting Mingione as saying that you have to field at a 980 clip to contend in the SEC. How many errorless games would it take for us to get to 980? About 12.

Gabriel, quoting Mingione as saying that you have to field at a 980 clip to contend in the SEC. How many errorless games would it take for us to get to 980? About 12.

Lol he might want to teach better defense and stop putting people that aren't outfielders in the outfield if he wants to get to .980 and be competitive in the league.

Reactions: Old_Red
Brings Kessler's 097 batting average off the bench pinch hitting for Holen and he strikes out, followed by Rhodes grounding out to 3rd stranding two runners.

Have to be better than that on offense. 5-5 going to the bottom half of the 7th

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT