ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Here Have An Electric Car?

A lady without insurance t boned me and my son in the Tesla. It was totaled. Replaced it with the ford lightning. Thank you State Farm. The ford is awesome. Smoother than the Tesla. 0-60 in 3.9. 320 mile range. Storage space is huge with large frunk. Has a built in cooler with drain lines in frunk. The lightning can also power the house as a whole house generator for a couple days although I haven’t had to worry about that yet

A lady without insurance t boned me and my son in the Tesla. It was totaled. Replaced it with the ford lightning. Thank you State Farm. The ford is awesome. Smoother than the Tesla. 0-60 in 3.9. 320 mile range. Storage space is huge with large frunk. Has a built in cooler with drain lines in frunk. The lightning can also power the house as a whole house generator for a couple days although I haven’t had to worry about that yet

Glad you and your son are ok. Hopefully no lasting effects....

Reactions: Kingseve1
Just read that Rivian has made a $5 billion deal with VW to provide the operating system for the new Scout products that will be built in South Carolina. I’m not hating it.

2026-scout-electric-suv-vw-group.jpg
You beat me to it. Still not buying an EV.

Thankfully, just a sore shoulder. Son has a tinge of driving anxiety now but we’re good. Thank you
Glad you guys are ok. Getting t-boned like that is serious shit. A friend of my wife's got t-boned while riding on the passenger's side a couple of years ago and she was in the hospital and rehab facility for about 2 months.

Reactions: Kingseve1
Just returned from Iceland this past Saturday night after a week's visit from 6-13 July. Takeaways:

- Icelanders, especially around Reykjavik metro, seem very fond of EVs in general and Tesla's in particular. See pics below covering ~1-mile hike I made from hostel to Netto supermarket and back.

- Yes, they have much better infrastructure for EV than USA. Read up on Iceland's famed geothermal capacity and potential. But also Icelanders possess different attitudes + mindsets. For example, recycling is considerably more widespread over there.

During my hike, I encountered perhaps 10-15 EVs parked. Majority were Tesla, but also noted a Chevy Volt, Volvo EV and even a Ford Mustang EV. Granted, area I hiked has a high population density.

As little as we drive our personal vehicles (< 4,400miles/year over 11 year period), one would think we'd jump on EV train. No, not yet.

449835721_10231135368548162_1955211412069082278_n.jpg

449836966_10231135371148227_281455636082524812_n.jpg

449834165_10231135372348257_791319111746732355_n.jpg

Just returned from Iceland this past Saturday night after a week's visit from 6-13 July. Takeaways:

- Icelanders, especially around Reykjavik metro, seem very fond of EVs in general and Tesla's in particular. See pics below covering ~1-mile hike I made from hostel to Netto supermarket and back.

- Yes, they have much better infrastructure for EV than USA. Read up on Iceland's famed geothermal capacity and potential. But also Icelanders possess different attitudes + mindsets. For example, recycling is considerably more widespread over there.

During my hike, I encountered perhaps 10-15 EVs parked. Majority were Tesla, but also noted a Chevy Volt, Volvo EV and even a Ford Mustang EV. Granted, area I hiked has a high population density.

As little as we drive our personal vehicles (< 4,400miles/year over 11 year period), one would think we'd jump on EV train. No, not yet.
EVs make sense in a country with a concentrated population and whose total size is just slightly larger than Indiana. In other words, the entire country, or at least the parts folks would drive to, is within the range of most electric vehicles on one charge. So, even w/o better charging infrastructure, it's more manageable to own an EV there.

Reactions: AustinTXCat

449835721_10231135368548162_1955211412069082278_n.jpg

449836966_10231135371148227_281455636082524812_n.jpg

449834165_10231135372348257_791319111746732355_n.jpg
Really want to go to Iceland in the next couple of years. A guy I used to work with has been twice. He's also a professional photographer and his pics from there are jaw dropping.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Really want to go to Iceland in the next couple of years. A guy I used to work with has been twice. He's also a professional photographer and his pics from there are jaw dropping.
I split my trip between Akureyi and Reykjavik. Strangely, weather much better further north you go. Experienced 60s and sunshine up in Akureyi, but 50s and overcast down around Reykjavik. Many locations where Game of Thrones filmed lie east of Reykjavik. But locations for filming of True Detective, season 4, are at Dalvik and Akureyi in far north. Sunshine up there seriously spoiled me. Difference was filming happened during winter for True Detective. Jodie Foster commented producers would have gladly filmed in Alaska where story is set, but infrastructure is simply not there.

Landscapes in both places are spectacular in their own way.

Reactions: JDHoss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT