Anthony white likes steve kerr

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffky

Sophomore
Sep 22, 2017
Interesting
Confused Steve Kerr GIF by NBA

He also didn’t know Cal’s contract had language for an offset if he takes another job. UK “media” folks …..🤦🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Fox2monk
To coach at UK? I don't see it. NBA guys aren't looking to jump into this absolutely mess of a sport.

Also not sure if Kerr is as good as people think. He stumbled into a HOF roster for 5-6 years. And now that they got older, Golden State might actually MISS the 10-team playoffs entirely, and that's WITH a healthy Steph Curry. Unacceptable IMO. When you have someone like that, you need to do better than the 10th seed. Will be interesting to see what he does without a loaded roster and an aging Curry.

Is his seat hot with the Warriors? Because I don’t see any coach, basketball or football, willing leaving a pro job for the shit show that is college athletics at this point.

Reactions: Zissou87
Another pipe dream suggestion. Even if he’s about to be out with the Warriors, which I have a hard time believing, he could have another NBA job the next day. Guys like that don’t give up their spot to start the grind that is college coaching where recruiting never stops.

I know nothing about him other than he has won big at Golden state and he played guard with mj and all those championships he won at chicago

No, it’s not hot at all. And he would never even consider us even if it was.

Just another dumb thread based on nothing.
First of all you're like the rest of us don't know nothing and only speculating another stupid redundant reply

I wonder if we even need a coach at all. I mean we could just set up cameras around the court, stream game footage into a computer, and then use AI to determine what plays to run. I know Artificial Intelligence still pretty new and wonky, but it could probably still beat the artificial intelligence that's currently running this crapshow. ;)

I know nothing about him other than he has won big at Golden state and he played guard with mj and all those championships he won at chicago
And also two more with the Spurs after he left the Bulls.

Both as a player and coach, the dude has had an uncanny knack for being where the championships are being won.

Anthony white may be one of my favorite UK football players ever but he has absolutely ruined the WLAP Sunday morning sports show …because he is absolutely brutal on the radio. He doesn’t speak in complete sentences his mind wanders everywhere on his thoughts just horrific on the radio

Nah...Kerr is most likely an NBA and west coast lifer.

Arizona makes more sense for him if he were interested in CBB. Lloyd is pretty much on everyone's list as next guy up. Could very well easily get hired away. Insert Kerr into his alma mater.

College sports are different especially mid-west and south. Cowherd made the very interesting and kind of true point of the pressure cooker of college sports in this region is different. The coasts have all sorts of pro sports and just more shit going on.

The lifestyle of a coach is just different. Some are okay with it and thrive, some just don't and won't jam with it. I'd say Kerr is one of those guys who has and obviously will thrive where he's been. Most likely wouldn't mesh in the CBB environment east of the Mississippi, south of the northeast population centers.

Arizona makes more sense for him if he were interested in CBB. Lloyd is pretty much on everyone's list as next guy up. Could very well easily get hired away. Insert Kerr into his alma mater.
NO, there's not a chance in hell he'd consider Arizona either. Not Arizona, not UK, not ANY college job.

I can't believe how clueless this thread is. Do you folks realize that Kerr now has an annual salary of $17.5 million? That dwarfs what ANY college coach makes annually. And for a job where he ONLY has to focus on coaching basketball. No recruiting responsibilities, no NIL or transfer portal headaches to deal with, you've got a GM responsible for dealing with all that salary and player acquisition stuff. And the off season is yours to do with as you wish, instead of spending it on the recruiting trail begging 18 olds to join you.

What sane person would give up that deal for a college job?

Anthony white may be one of my favorite UK football players ever but he has absolutely ruined the WLAP Sunday morning sports show …because he is absolutely brutal on the radio. He doesn’t speak in complete sentences his mind wanders everywhere on his thoughts just horrific on the radio
Sounds like COW!

Others in contention

Phil Jackson
Greg Popovich
Erik Spoelstra
Doc Rivers
Tyronn Lue
I seen a great comarison that Cal is basically the Doc Rivers over College. Overhyped and always well regarded with great teams and he never leads them anywhere but his one title with a legendary roster.

Reactions: KAB Cats
NO, there's not a chance in hell he'd consider Arizona either. Not Arizona, not UK, not ANY college job.

I can't believe how clueless this thread is. Do you folks realize that Kerr now has an annual salary of $17.5 million? That dwarfs what ANY college coach makes annually. And for a job where he ONLY has to focus on coaching basketball. No recruiting responsibilities, no NIL or transfer portal headaches to deal with, you've got a GM responsible for dealing with all that salary and player acquisition stuff. And the off season is yours to do with as you wish, instead of spending it on the recruiting trail begging 18 olds to join you.

And unless I'm mistaken he just signed an extension for a lot more?

a caller this morning on wlap said fans ”better be careful what you wish for, no guarantee the program will be rebuilt, look at ucla, iu…blah blah
laughable. we have a guarantee of what next season will be if we have the same coach.

Reactions: KyCatFan

You’ve never listened to Anthony White on the radio before - he’s that bad

• Haha
Reactions: blubo and catben

Chill...nobody said anything was gospel. This is a sports message forum where people talk, more often than not, nonsense. Of all the things to get excited about and BS flying around out there, I'm not sure this is the discussion to moderate, and fact check with intense scrutiny.

I'm just saying, in a world where Steve Kerr is even slightly interested in CBB, it would make the most sense at Arizona. He played there and worked for the suns.

All those reasons CBB isn't attractive to Kerr are amplified at UK. There are not too many people that can or even want to do this job, which is why Mitch has never been a fire at the tarmac kind of guy.

About 5 guys can do the job, one currently has it and is on the hot seat, a couple are retired living the good life, the others don't really need the job because they have great gigs and hardware.

So if you fire the guy who's here, you better make sure one of the other 4ish is a lock otherwise it will get real ugly with most anyone and everyone else real quick.

it's sort of a weird but cute idea to crush a successful NBA coach who makes a ton of money, far more than a college would or could pay, for various reasons (namely politics it seems...sigh) and then us posters gleefully saying "no" as if he would ever be a realistic option. At this point I'm surprised movie characters haven't been brought up yet.

Another pipe dream suggestion. Even if he’s about to be out with the Warriors, which I have a hard time believing, he could have another NBA job the next day. Guys like that don’t give up their spot to start the grind that is college coaching where recruiting never stops.
I’m almost positive they just gave him an extension a couple months ago lol

Reactions: CrimsonCats
a caller this morning on wlap said fans ”better be careful what you wish for, no guarantee the program will be rebuilt, look at ucla, iu…blah blah
laughable. we have a guarantee of what next season will be if we have the same coach.
We have a guarantee that we will lose games we should have won, not win the regular season or that “stupid” conference tournament, flame out in the first or second round, if we even make it, and be right back here in 12 months doing this all over again.

Reactions: blubo and dezyDeco
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT