ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Davis Not Allowed To Wear 23 Due To Nike

LeBron had agreed to give Davis 23 but now Nike has stepped in and somehow stopped it from happening. Espn is saying it’s postponed due to concerns by Nike. Until now I haven’t had any issue with Nike but if they keep AD from getting the number he wants then they can GTH.

Nike can go to hell anyway, they are the main culprits keeping K in the recruiting game for elite players..

But listen, Nike isn’t pushing for Duke. We’re a Nike school too, and Nike wouldn’t do that. I mean I guess it makes sense, coach k has an abysmal record with early entrees, OAD’s, stud players, while STILL landing them. But it couldn’t be Nike, they’re just a shoe company.

New Balance! They’re not cucked like Nike and don’t hate America :):americanflag:
Boomers unite!
1529800133268.jpg

Nike needs to be shut down. I hope they take some big financial hits someway, somehow. They just about rule the world

Reactions: BlueSince92
LeBron had agreed to give Davis 23 but now Nike has stepped in and somehow stopped it from happening. Espn is saying it’s postponed due to concerns by Nike. Until now I haven’t had any issue with Nike but if they keep AD from getting the number he wants then they can GTH.

This has nothing to do with AD. It has to do with the fact that Nike has already produced millions of $ worth of Lebron #23 jerseys. The NBA took Lebron's request and asked Nike if they could make the switch. It was too late in their production cycle to make the change this year.

It’s because they were way past the deadline for jerseys changes and they have already produced millions of dollars of James 23 jerseys the don’t want to just throw away.

This has nothing to do with AD. It has to do with the fact that Nike has already produced millions of $ worth of Lebron #23 jerseys. The NBA took Lebron's request and asked Nike if they could make the switch. It was too late in their production cycle to make the change this year.

Yeah, heaven forbid poor wittle old struggling Nike donate those jerseys to kids in need. Nike has really just gone to ish. I'm usually not one for boycotting, but I'm really sick of their ish. I'll take my money elsewhere.

Wow, it's almost like Nike is a business with a stacked inventory of lebron 23 jerseys they want to sell.

Doing simple math- instead of burning those then making new lebron ones it would probably be easier to sell those and AD ones with a different number, then the next year sell to new jerseys for lbj and AD.

Those pesky business strategies with their basic economics

Hell Nike could still sell the LeBron 23 jerseys until next season started. Excuse me if I don’t have a bit of sympathy for Nike because god forbid they lose some money.

They could just have those 8 year olds in their overseas sweatshops undo all the stitching and put the correct number on Lebrons jersey. Or donate them and use it as some sort of tax write off or any other number of ways they could gotten around it.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I switched to wearing Adidas a while back! Just for the simple fact they are better quality abs comfort! And while UK is Nike but, seems like they do push recruits to Duke and Oregon where they’ll have the influence to ensure the soon to be stars will sign to Nike! UK doesn’t push players to sign with a certain company! Cal leaves that up to the players!

If Nike were smart, they would allow the switch, and sell the "old" pre AD shirts for a nice mark up as "one offs". If...

This is what happens when you allow a shoe company to run high school, college and professional basketball. They have more power than the NBA commissioner and NCAA combined. But fans like it this way because they keep buying their junk at an inflated price. So go for it

Reactions: morgousky
Wow, it's almost like Nike is a business with a stacked inventory of lebron 23 jerseys they want to sell.

Doing simple math- instead of burning those then making new lebron ones it would probably be easier to sell those and AD ones with a different number, then the next year sell to new jerseys for lbj and AD.

Those pesky business strategies with their basic economics

I agree, it is not like Nike is a company trying to make a profit, they should lose millions of dollars just so a player can wear his old jersey number, i mean that is way more important. Some fans spend wayyy too much time believing Nike and everyone is out to get us. If it was the other way around, people would blame Lebron and say "it is a stupid jersey number, AD had it first, Lebron can wait."

Reactions: JDHoss
Hope y'all are enjoying Episode 1 of the "It's STiLL All About LeBron Show."

Did you really think Anthony Davis was gonna be anything but a sideshow in LA?

[roll]

Hope y'all are enjoying Episode 1 of the "It's STiLL All About LeBron Show."

Did you really think Anthony Davis was gonna be anything but a sideshow in LA?

[roll]
The guy literally gave his number to AD. If you wanna hate, then hate away, but this is reaching for a reason to hate LBJ. Don't turn this into a LBJ thing when it's clearly a Nike issue.

Reactions: dvillecatfan
Nike was so clever the way they catered to the certain ideological crowds that control social media. Just look at this thread, a few of them are backing Nike’s decision simply because they think Nike agrees with them. All they needed was to see big Corp side with a guy like Kap and poof. Nike, the same corporation that pays slave wages to employees and forced child labor, are now good guys.

It’s hilarious how stupid some people are.

Guess we won’t be seeing those 1% marches on Nikes headquarters anytime soon:joy:

Reactions: Pickle_Rick
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT