ADVERTISEMENT

Another Tweak Coming per Cal

Gonna be honest being the slight Cal whisperer I am, Cal sounded really relaxed on the call in show. That’s a good sign from any coach.

I feel good about Thursday. Let’s go win a title and then UT can have their tinker toy title.
He seemed really relaxed before the Tennessee game too. Agree it's a good sign. This tweak talk is just him having a bit of fun. No harm to it.

He seemed really relaxed before the Tennessee game too. Agree it's a good sign. This tweak talk is just him having a bit of fun. No harm to it.
That was more of “I don’t care” relaxation there. This feels like “we are ready and going to kick butt”.

Cal said they scrimmaged for and hour and fifteen minutes today. Full out. And we all know he never does that.

I’m feeling pretty good about this week.

Last edited:
Thats a head scratching post .. Cal being relaxed before the UT was a " good sign". LOL. .. we played nearly our worst game of the entire season . But no problems here , it was not a big game or anything , no harm in dropping that one .. Lets go win # 9 baby !! Cal's got this !!! Whop Whop !! Good grief .

Gonna be honest being the slight Cal whisperer I am, Cal sounded really relaxed on the call in show. That’s a good sign from any coach.

I feel good about Thursday. Let’s go win a title and then UT can have their tinker toy title.
A $10M a year lifetime contract is really relaxing I would think.

Not a lot of pressure to perform. Worst mistake any manager can make. No incentive to perform.

Relax. Be like Cal. Chill.

Reactions: UK till Death
Watch.. him and Sharpe have been sand-bagging all of us. He purposely put on a pouty face but has really just been training and practicing and they're going to unleash him Thursday.
I’d actually love that but nah. It would be great though just to see everyone who complained all year see it happen.

I disagree, I felt like Calipari wanted no part of Vandy or Tennessee or the SEC tournament but you don’t always get what you want. Tonight he seemed relaxed and in a good place since he won’t see another team from the conference till later in the tournament.

It usually works. Glad to see him excited. Liked they went after it in an over hour scrimmage and lit it up in 4 on 3 shooting drill
I prefer 5 on 5 personally.

We often struggle with spacing under Cal. Eliminating 3 players from the court creates a false sense of spacing. All for warm up drills and understand that you don’t play 5v5 24/7. But this late in the season I’d go through individual drills and then run 5v5 sets for O and D

I prefer 5 on 5 personally.

We often struggle with spacing under Cal. Eliminating 3 players from the court creates a false sense of spacing. All for warm up drills and understand that you don’t play 5v5 24/7. But this late in the season I’d go through individual drills and then run 5v5 sets for O and D
They did that too.

I wish he wouldn't tweak. He's thrown that around since 2012 and it hasn't worked yet.

Just get Grady to play like Herro would be all he needs.

Reactions: westerncat
Always the showman. I swear his contract must have a minimum quota for him saying the word "tweak" every year. He knows it gets everyone going. Harmless fun but I'm sure everyone will look into it way too much.
Not me. I ignore these little sound bites. As I said in another thread, I want results not words.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT