ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Harrison surging

He led us to back to back final fours and nearly pulled off a perfect season.

He's one of the best UK point guards of all time. March matters.

Anthony Epps was better, Wayne Turner was far better. There has been many better point guards at UK than Harrison. Not hatin on the guy, but putting him above many other guards

LeBron is more memorable, more impactful and was more impressive athletic wise so

The “better block” is going to be debated for a while, because both blocks were high-stakes blocks that directly helped their teams advance to a championship. Prince’s happened to take place in the eastern finals, where the block helped Detroit gain momentum and tie the series 1-1. They eventually went on to win the series 4-2 and beat the Lakers for the title in the next round.

James’s block is certainly more recent. The level of difficulty on Prince’s block was exponentially greater than Lebron’s. LeBron’s was also more recent, and probably gains some discussion advantages because more people witnessed it.

Your point about LeBron’s being more impressive athletic-wise will also be debated for generations. Prince started behind Miller, a full five strides, from the other side of the court.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
Anthony Epps was better, Wayne Turner was far better. There has been many better point guards at UK than Harrison. Not hatin on the guy, but putting him above many other guards

Epps and Turner were great floor generals and two of the better point guards UK has ever featured. That said, Andrew Harrison’s sample size is two years smaller. Compare the sophomore Turner/Epps with Andrew Harrison. Both players fail to compare with Andrew as a player if that’s the case, although Turner would be closer than Epps would.

Plus, there’s the fact that Turner/Epps combined to play in a total of three NBA games. Epps never made it – even after four years at UK – and Turner played a few games for a Celtic team coached and operated by Pitino, who had the power to give Wayne a chance and did so. If they were far better, wouldn’t NBA GMs agree and sign either of them for longer than a week?

Andrew Harrison was a terrific point guard for Kentucky. Two Final Fours in two years as a starter.

I like those guys a lot too. Turner and Epps are two of the most consistently undervalued IMO.

Epps and Turner were great floor generals and two of the better point guards UK has ever featured. That said, Andrew Harrison’s sample size is two years smaller. Compare the sophomore Turner/Epps with Andrew Harrison. Both players fail to compare with Andrew as a player if that’s the case, although Turner would be closer than Epps would.

Plus, there’s the fact that Turner/Epps combined to play in a total of three NBA games. Epps never made it – even after four years at UK – and Turner played a few games for a Celtic team coached and operated by Pitino, who had the power to give Wayne a chance and did so. If they were far better, wouldn’t NBA GMs agree and sign either of them for longer than a week?

Andrew Harrison was a terrific point guard for Kentucky. Two Final Fours in two years as a starter.

Understand, I could care less about the NBA or the pro players and what they do in the pros. I am all about UK. Once the players leave here, I don't follow them. I wish them all success, but really could care less what they do.

Understand, I could care less about the NBA or the pro players and what they do in the pros. I am all about UK. Once the players leave here, I don't follow them. I wish them all success, but really could care less what they do.

Then can we compare their UK success? Andrew Harrison averaged almost 34 wins/season as a starter and went to back-to-back Final Fours. Epps and Turner were great, but Harrison is absolutely in the discussion with them in terms of impact while in college.

Then can we compare their UK success? Andrew Harrison averaged almost 34 wins/season as a starter and went to back-to-back Final Fours. Epps and Turner were great, but Harrison is absolutely in the discussion with them in terms of impact while in college.

You are using a different metric than I use. You are using the over all record of the TEAM. I use stats for a PG. Assists, assists to turnovers, running the team,etc. Using your metric, would the 2015 team have more losses with Ulis running point?

I'm sorry but you might be the worst poster in the history of the internet.
actually, to be fair, Tubby did have a couple of good defensive teams that ran through the bigs; maybe that's the ones he's referring to?

Harrison's stats are more than comparable to those 2. It is actually the team successes of Turner (98 title) and Epps (PG on 96 title) that put them over the top to me.

i understood the present tense to be in reference to this game, champ

memphis plays through their bigs, lacks both athleticism and shot making. they're reliant on interior passing and high-low angles to score. compare that to houston or golden state

REMINISCENT of the good tubby teams that went through hayes & daniels i m o

** posted a reply before I saw this; I see that you WERE referring to what I was thinking you were

ugh, need more coffee, that may not have made sense

I always thought he was Drew, if he didn't use his full name?

however, we did know who the OP meant, and that's all that's important :)

My bad, I thought these message boards were for fun and didn't know some were so anal that they would pick apart what is clearly a harmless and actually VERY complimentary original post towards Harrison. Geez..

My bad, I thought these message boards were for fun and didn't know some were so anal that they would pick apart what is clearly a harmless and actually VERY complimentary original post towards Harrison. Geez..

I don't know if you're referring to my post, but if so, not sure why you'd think that. That wasn't my intention

Blows my mind how much people unappreciate the Harrison's...
I usually don't agree with you but in this stance I fully agree. The Harrisons left uk as legends. They were tough, smart, and clutch. Weren't the most talented but man they could win

LeBron is more memorable, more impactful and was more impressive athletic wise so
LeBron also got helped by his teammate forcing Iguodala into an up and under move. That gave him an extra split second to make the block. Tayshaun didn't get that luxury. He came from further away to make the block than LeBron did. LeBron's block was incredible and it being game 7 people will say it's the best ever. If we're just talking about the plays themselves, Tayshaun's was better.

The “better block” is going to be debated for a while, because both blocks were high-stakes blocks that directly helped their teams advance to a championship. Prince’s happened to take place in the eastern finals, where the block helped Detroit gain momentum and tie the series 1-1. They eventually went on to win the series 4-2 and beat the Lakers for the title in the next round.

James’s block is certainly more recent. The level of difficulty on Prince’s block was exponentially greater than Lebron’s. LeBron’s was also more recent, and probably gains some discussion advantages because more people witnessed it.

Your point about LeBron’s being more impressive athletic-wise will also be debated for generations. Prince started behind Miller, a full five strides, from the other side of the court.
Nah man. In 20 years, only LeBron's will be talked about by NBA fans and LeBron's was more impactful. Game 7 in Golden State after being down 3-1. Tie game, 1:50 left, looked like a bucket until LeBron came out of nowhere

Sorry, but everybody has been referring to chase down blocks for years now too and this will be known as the block

Reactions: Mike-D
Nah man. In 20 years, only LeBron's will be talked about by NBA fans and LeBron's was more impactful. Game 7 in Golden State after being down 3-1. Tie game, 1:50 left, looked like a bucket until LeBron came out of nowhere

Sorry, but everybody has been referring to chase down blocks for years now too and this will be known as the block

I'm not talking about it a year later

The hell did this thread turn into?

popcorn-jpg.1020104

Reactions: DCFseattle and Aike
Anyways, back to Andrew Harrison. He played some big minutes late in a playoff game as a rookie. He's always been a good player even at Kentucky. He's been improving all year and will stick in the league for a long time

He will need to improve defensively to continue to get a lot of minutes but he does seem poised to be a decent roleplayer on some good teams over the next decade or so. I'm happy for him.

Dumbest take of all time :joy:
Lol if you take lebron over any of those 3 then you have the worst take of all time. But hey I understand you would slob on his knob if you could. Every single one of your posts is about lebron and I needed to call you out on it.

debate has been down to jordan & lebron for quite a while. magic took a set shot. come on

if they managed to beat the warriors in the finals this year it would put lebron ahead, i m o

Lol if you take lebron over any of those 3 then you have the worst take of all time. But hey I understand you would slob on his knob if you could. Every single one of your posts is about lebron and I needed to call you out on it.
I would easily take LeBron over Bird and Magic and you didn't call me out on anything other than making yourself look dumb

He will need to improve defensively to continue to get a lot of minutes but he does seem poised to be a decent roleplayer on some good teams over the next decade or so. I'm happy for him.
He's still a rookie learning defensive sets but he will learn to use his size in defense the more he matures

Must not watch any NBA then

Watching the Thunder vs. Rockets right now buddy.

I remember Lebron his 3rd title...not that specific play. I remember GS choked. I look for them to make payback a bitch for thes elf proclaimed king the next 2 seasons. 3/4 titles isn't bad.

Anyways, back to Andrew Harrison. He played some big minutes late in a playoff game as a rookie. He's always been a good player even at Kentucky. He's been improving all year and will stick in the league for a long time
Agree.
A.H. was a stud for us, and he'll have a solid Pro career

Also, he's a class act and I respect him and his family.

Reactions: crpoore

We'll see. Maybe part of your point will prove true. Fortunately for your side of the argument, the James block happened last year and is still fresh in peoples' minds. Prince's happened in 2004 and is still being talked about. There's an argument to be made for both blocks. I think the "high stakes" part of the argument would signify James as the winner. The level of difficulty part of the argument would likely favor Prince.

Also, saying “only LeBron’s block will be talked” in 20 years about is a little sweeping as a comment. I doubt very much that will be the case. The reality is that the James block was a long-time coming. We're not typically used to James doing much to seal off a title series. About half the time, James and his teammates have withered away down the stretch like a bunch of wallflowers when pushed to the edge. The block was huge and a vindication of sorts in some ways for what we've expected from James all along, and therefore carries massive weight for his career that has seen as many "where the hell is James?" moments as moments of near deification.

Last edited:
You are using a different metric than I use. You are using the over all record of the TEAM. I use stats for a PG. Assists, assists to turnovers, running the team,etc. Using your metric, would the 2015 team have more losses with Ulis running point?

Andrew Harrison Kentucky stats (2 years): 10.1 points/game; 3.8 assists/game; 2.7 rpg. 14.9 PER.

37% field goal; 37% three point; 77% free throw.

Wayne Turner Kentucky stats (4 years): 7.7 points/game; 3.3 assists/game; 2.5 rebounds/game. unknown PER.

48% field goal; 32% three point; 63% from the line.

Anthony Epps Kentucky stats (4 years): 6.2 points/game; 3.9 assists/game; 2.3 rebounds/game. Unknown PER.

So, comparing statistics, I’d venture to say Andrew Harrison is certainly in the conversation with these guys.

This thread deteriorated into a "thought his nickname was Drew" and "he wasn't that good" thread. Just pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT