ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Katz's first bracket has UK as a #4 seed

I like this be interesting to see a big Z and eddy match up

Edey would eat Z alive. Shoot from outside and don’t even give him the opportunity to defend
You're probably right but I still like to see it edey would have to play alot of minutes against us he could get worn down

Reactions: NociHTTP
If we drop the game in Knoxville Saturday, do you think we keep the 4 Seed?

UT would not be a bad loss. And if we make it to Saturday in Nashville, I feel pretty good about remaining a 4 Seed.

A loss on Saturday and losing the 1st game in Nashville would send us to a 5 or 6 seed IMO

Winning the SECT would get us a 3 for sure!

I think a loss on Saturday doesn't mean much. I think as long as we make it to Friday in sec tourney this UK team at 23 and 10 would keep the 4.

I'm not sure if winning the SEC tourney moves us to a 3 or not. It hasn't helped before in 2011 and 2016

UT would not be a bad loss. And if we make it to Saturday in Nashville, I feel pretty good about remaining a 4 Seed.

A loss on Saturday and losing the 1st game in Nashville would send us to a 5 or 6 seed IMO

If we can't beat UT on Saturday, we're not winning anything. They're awesome, but no time like the present. Cal puckers up in the tournament.

If we can't beat UT on Saturday, we're not winning anything. They're awesome, but no time like the present. Cal puckers up in the tournament.
Dude, chill. Tennessee is really good. We beat them last year in Knoxville when we were not supposed to. If we lose, its not a bad loss.

I have a question for you, every team in the field of 64 will have at least 3 losses.

Do you honestly think fans of every team wants to fire their coach??

Here's some perspective for you...look how many teams have 6. 7 & 8 losses and still in the top 15:

Rank\Team
#1 Houston - 3 losses
#2 UCONN - 3 losses
#3 Purdue - 3 losses
#4 Tennessee - 6 losses
#5 Arizona - 6 losses
#6 Iowa State - 6 losses
#7 UNC - 6 losses
#8 Marquette - 7 losses
#9 Duke - 6 losses
#10 Creighton - 8 losses
#11 Baylor - 8 losses
#12 Illinois - 7 losses
#13 Auburn - 7 losses
#14 Kansas - 8 losses
#15 Kentucky - 8 losses

Dude, chill. Tennessee is really good. We beat them last year in Knoxville when we were not supposed to. If we lose, its not a bad loss.

I have a question for you, every team in the field of 64 will have at least 3 losses.

Here's some perspective for you...look how many teams have 6. 7 & 8 losses and still in the top 15:

Rank\Team
#1 Houston - 3 losses
#2 UCONN - 3 losses
#3 Purdue - 3 losses
#4 Tennessee - 6 losses
#5 Arizona - 6 losses
#6 Iowa State - 6 losses
#7 UNC - 6 losses
#8 Marquette - 7 losses
#9 Duke - 6 losses
#10 Creighton - 8 losses
#11 Baylor - 8 losses
#12 Illinois - 7 losses
#13 Auburn - 7 losses
#14 Kansas - 8 losses
#15 Kentucky - 8 losses

Cal hasn't won a title in 12 years.

Cal hasn't made a final four n 9 years.

Cal has not won the sec 6 of 7 seasons unless we get a miracle this week to tie for it.

Cal has not won the sec tourney since 2018.

It's really naive to assume people are upset by this season alone and putting each season in a vacuum and ignoring last years awful season and the embarrassing finish to 2022 and 9 and 16 is beyond crazy to me.

Creighton has good shooters and an NBA center. But, I’d rather have them as our 3 seed than Duke or Kansas

I want Duke and Kansas so bad. I think the big12 is being falsely inflated, it would be a revenge game for the guys, and they seem to be regressing. They are also hobbled a bit.

I watched Duke last night play a team that would probably be at the absolute bottom of the SEC in NcState. I don't think Duke is being tested enough and I could see them getting upset early because of this.

That and I just don't think either team is that deep. You take away Hunter and Flip and those teams are going to struggle. Who is coming in for them that can compare to Dilly, Shep and BigZ?

Cal hasn't won a title in 12 years.

Cal hasn't made a final four n 9 years.

Cal has not won the sec 6 of 7 seasons unless we get a miracle this week to tie for it.

Cal has not won the sec tourney since 2018.

It's really naive to assume people are upset by this season alone and putting each season in a vacuum and ignoring last years awful season and the embarrassing finish to 2022 and 9 and 16 is beyond crazy to me.
Those seasons have literally zero influence on what happens this year.

Reactions: BBNinSC and AGEE11

Rank\Team
#1 Houston - 3 losses
#2 UCONN - 3 losses
#3 Purdue - 3 losses
#4 Tennessee - 6 losses
#5 Arizona - 6 losses
#6 Iowa State - 6 losses
#7 UNC - 6 losses
#8 Marquette - 7 losses
#9 Duke - 6 losses
#10 Creighton - 8 losses
#11 Baylor - 8 losses
#12 Illinois - 7 losses
#13 Auburn - 7 losses
#14 Kansas - 8 losses
#15 Kentucky - 8 losses
I'm not a dude, so your posts will start off on the right foot if you understand that part. Secondly, they had their way with us, fouling out our two best shooters IN RUPP. Try to not get so triggered over people's concerns about a team that is very, very good and considered a title contender.

It might not be a bad loss but no Calipari team that has gone to a FF has lost in Knoxville during the regular season. I’d like to see a UK win.

It might not be a bad loss but no Calipari team that has gone to a FF has lost in Knoxville during the regular season. I’d like to see a UK win.
Any loss this late in the season when seeds are up in the air, and you're looking for confidence to carry you forward, is a bad loss.

It doesn't matter, when we lose on Saturday to UT, we will be a projected 6 or 7 seed again and most fans will want Cal out of here again.

We may not play a NCAA tournament game that is as hard to win as a road game at Tennessee.
Oh, there are definitely some teams in the tournament we're best avoiding. If we don't beat UT, I don't see us winning the tournament. If we do, then we have to be considered a very dangerous #4 seed :)

The loss @ UT won’t hurt us. Top 5 team on the road. You’re supposed to lose that.

The same thing makes it hard to break i to the 3-line.

Kansas last game is at Houston. Losing that won’t hurt. If they lose to K-State and beat Houston, they’ll be a 3.

Duke losing to UNC won’t drop them.

I think our best bet is for Marquette to lose their next 2 with Kolek out and drop to a couple seed lines. They have Uconn and @Xavier left. Uconn loss alone won’t hurt.

Iowa State has BYU and @ K State. If they lost both, they could potentially drop to a 4.

Creighton has @ Nova left. Nova is 26 or 27 in the NET. Not sure if the loss allows them to drop to a 4, but don’t feel confident.

I think a loss on Saturday doesn't mean much. I think as long as we make it to Friday in sec tourney this UK team at 23 and 10 would keep the 4.

I'm not sure if winning the SEC tourney moves us to a 3 or not. It hasn't helped before in 2011 and 2016
It all depends on what the teams ahead of us do too.

It doesn't matter, when we lose on Saturday to UT, we will be a projected 6 or 7 seed again and most fans will want Cal out of here again.

You think we're going to drop 3 seed lines for losing to a Top-5 team on the road?

Our fanbase is on crack I swear.

You think we're going to drop 3 seed lines for losing to a Top-5 team on the road?

Our fanbase is on crack I swear.

Yeah, I'm pessimistic at times but we aren't dropping below a 5. That's if we lose to UT and lose to 12 seed n sec tourney maybe.

If Arizona gets a 1 seed, I’d like to get their bracket.

Otherwise, I’d like the midwest with Purdue. Edey would score a bunch. But I think we take away their guards and make him beat us in a game to 90.

We have 3 7 footers. They won’t stop him. But if they can force misses here and there, I like our offense to prevail.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT