ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Wiggins "looks like a G-Leaguer" according to some

bigbluelou

All-SEC
Apr 13, 2011
Right here. Looks like a lot of folks think he's pretty much finished. I was so excited thinking UK was going to get him before he surprisingly(?) went to KU. I thought he would be a generational talent. He was pretty good but never great. Wonder if he would've made a difference in our 2013-14 team, even though we made it to the title game.

Most of these guys who end up picking someone over UK have "I'm really, really good but I don't need to be great" mentalities to some degree. Just look at them: Jonathan Isaac, Andrew Wiggins, Cade Cunningham, RJ Barrett, Cam Reddish, etc.

Wiggins told us a lot about himself when he picked Kansas instead of being part of what probably would have been a UK title team in 2014.

P.S., I love that he's failing.

Piss on all of Kansas' players. Josh Jackson fizzled. Now Wiggins is going the way of the dinosaur. Hopefully Oubre and some others start to sputter out of control and I'm hoping Embiid fails again in the playoffs.

We need Bill Self to look as bad as possible going forward.

Right here. Looks like a lot of folks think he's pretty much finished. I was so excited thinking UK was going to get him before he surprisingly(?) went to KU. I thought he would be a generational talent. He was pretty good but never great. Wonder if he would've made a difference in our 2013-14 team, even though we made it to the title game.
The same day in March 2014 Kentucky beat #1 seed and undefeated Wichita State the Jailhawks and Wiggins lost to #10 seed and very ordinary Stanford, with Wiggins chucking up useless 3s throughout. The likely “difference” he would have made at Kentucky would have been destroying great chemistry Calipari was able to develop among the all-freshman team.

Yeah he looks washed, I’ve caught a couple GSW games. He looks the most washed, Klay Thompson isn’t far behind but he’s more athletically washed. Draymond is off the rails yet they just committed a 100M to him. I bet they end up wasting a ton of money signing Klay to a legacy contract this summer I believe he’s due. That will set them further back in Steph’s limited window to win.

Moses Moody, one of their vaunted 2 timeline players is getting DNP’s this year. They made good draft picks of Podizemski and Jackson Davis. They won’t let them start like they should because they would rather hold on to Yesterday and think the aging stars will come back.

They also act like Jonathan Kuminga is untouchable in a trade yet in the Denver game they blew the other night he was one of the best players. He had 16 points on 5-7 shooting with like 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. He went to the bench and Kerr never brought him back in the game lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbluelou
It was always weird he chose Kansas. That was I want to be the guy move.

He's never shown that Alpha male mentality. He would have been perfect as a 3rd or 4th options like he is in the NBA.
He’s actually been really good in GSW, he just looks horrible this year. He’s getting washed up I think. He’s always relied on his athleticism and that’s fading.

The two prospects that I've totally missed the boat on in the last 15 yrs or so is Wiggins and Bagley. I thought both of those kids would be NBA all-stars for years when they were being recruited...

Sports Illustrated cover "jinx" in that he was "the next chosen one" .... good career, but not a generational talent.

Bill Self is great at a lot of things, x’s and o’s, in game adjustments, player development, skirting the rules…but one thing he’s not really known for is being a great motivator and that’s what wiggins needed out of high school more than anything. Someone to help him find that motivation he needed to be consistently dominant. Cal would have been better for that.

He made a ton of money and will live easily the rest of his life while never working that hard, I envy him
Oh, for sure, when it comes to money and life security. But in the context of NBA careers and potential, he has been a disappointment.

Yeah he looks washed, I’ve caught a couple GSW games. He looks the most washed, Klay Thompson isn’t far behind but he’s more athletically washed. Draymond is off the rails yet they just committed a 100M to him. I bet they end up wasting a ton of money signing Klay to a legacy contract this summer I believe he’s due. That will set them further back in Steph’s limited window to win.

Moses Moody, one of their vaunted 2 timeline players is getting DNP’s this year. They made good draft picks of Podizemski and Jackson Davis. They won’t let them start like they should because they would rather hold on to Yesterday and think the aging stars will come back.

They also act like Jonathan Kuminga is untouchable in a trade yet in the Denver game they blew the other night he was one of the best players. He had 16 points on 7-10 shooting with like 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. He went to the bench and Kerr never brought him back in the game lol.
Kuminga is said to have told people he’s lost faith in Kerr getting him prepared to be the best player he can be. Wow.

Reactions: Fox2monk
we had James Young, so i doubt Wiggins would have made a very big difference
i will say this, i told KU fans that in H.S. Wiggins spent a lot of time standing on the sidelines with his hands on his hips
he did the same thing at KU
i doubt Cal would have allowed him to do that
i think he would have been better off playing for Cal and getting better prepared for the NBA

The two prospects that I've totally missed the boat on in the last 15 yrs or so is Wiggins and Bagley. I thought both of those kids would be NBA all-stars for years when they were being recruited...
Everybody missed on them. They were consensus #1 players in their classes. Mind you, neither were busts per se, but definitely not generational talents.

The same day in March 2014 Kentucky beat #1 seed and undefeated Wichita State the Jailhawks and Wiggins lost to #10 seed and very ordinary Stanford, with Wiggins chucking up useless 3s throughout. The likely “difference” he would have made at Kentucky would have been destroying great chemistry Calipari was able to develop among the all-freshman team.
And those two games happened back to back the same building in St. Louis. I was there, it was a great day.

Wiggins was a complete no show, and it was worse than what you described. You say he was chucking up useless 3s throughout which isn’t really what happened. What happened was Andrew Wiggins completely disappeared. You barely even knew he was there or on the court at all. Useless 3s would have been better than what he gave them.

His line for that game was 1-6 from the floor, 0-2 from 3. Dude took 6 shots all game. And with all his length and athletic ability he only managed to grab 4 rebounds. Final line -

34 minutes, 4 points 4 rebounds 1 assist. He took up space on the court but made basically zero impact. And this was a generational player in an NCAA tournament game. Major, major red flags. Guys have bad games. It happens. But the complete no show was as bad as it gets.

On another note, his brother Nick was playing for Wichita State at the time. He scored 5 against us. Nick outscored Andrew that day.

He’s actually been really good in GSW, he just looks horrible this year. He’s getting washed up I think. He’s always relied on his athleticism and that’s fading.

I'm not saying he sucks just that he isn't the MAN.

He's a fine 3rd or 4th option on a championship team.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He played hard in 2022 to get a title and then has mailed it in ever since. His BPM and VORP were abysmal until 2022. PER has rarely been above league average. Just coasting out that last extension (signed after… you guessed it… 2022), will retire in his early 30s and do nothing the rest of his life.

Bagley is shocking to me as well. He was a beast at Duke. Some guys lose that fire when they start earning millions. Which is why I never want to be an NBA Scout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT