ADVERTISEMENT

Amazon firestick

Speaking of the NFL (and nba etc by Default) i know it’s just a matter of time before they do the right thing and come out in support of the citizens being killed in Hong Kong. I know the nfl is wOke and progressive so they definitely will not stand by and let censorship occur. I remember that moving and powerful commercial the NFL/ Nike did of “believe in something even if it means sacrificing everything “ so i know it’s only a matter of time before all the big stars / owners / GM’s of these leagues start protesting and speaking out against the atrocities occurring in China.

NFL and NBA = ❤️ :)

Bullshit. It's all about the money. Ref; Steve Kerr.

Speaking of the NFL (and nba etc by Default) i know it’s just a matter of time before they do the right thing and come out in support of the citizens being killed in Hong Kong. I know the nfl is wOke and progressive so they definitely will not stand by and let censorship occur. I remember that moving and powerful commercial the NFL/ Nike did of “believe in something even if it means sacrificing everything “ so i know it’s only a matter of time before all the big stars / owners / GM’s of these leagues start protesting and speaking out against the atrocities occurring in China.

NFL and NBA = ❤️ :)

You are too much with the comedy Frank.:joy:[laughing][thumb2]:clap:

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
I had Direct TV Now and it changed to AT&T Live which has gone up to almost $80/month.
I signed up for DirecTV Now last fall for $45 a month. AT&T bought them out and i started being autobilled for $80 a month with no advance notice. I cancelled it and switched to Hulu Live for $44. The only bad thing with Hulu is that the guide is awful unless you have Roku or Apple. Hopefully the new Hulu update for Fire TV comes out soon.

I currently have Hulu Live AND YouTube tv because I'm trying to decide which I prefer long term.

As far as performance and navigation, YouTube tv is way better.

It's a tough deal though because YouTube doesn't have a few channels that my girlfriend wants.

I'm gonna have to figure that out...

UK games are on CBS a lot too. You can get cbs as a stand alone for 5 bucks a month. There is a trial period too that is at no cost. You can cancel at any time. If you play it right you can get several months free. I have sling too but I haven't found a package yet with anyone that has cbs. I am also looking into an antenna. That is a one time cost for local channels....whatever those are. I have sling with a host of channels orange and blue and another package and DVR for 55 a month.
Why pay $5 a month for CBS when a simple antenna will get you it at no monthly cost?

did away with cable about 7-8 months ago & got an amazon firestick, I was wondering if anyone knew of any apps I could install on there to watch live tv/sports games without having to pay. I have mobdro installed but that is constantly messing up.
This is the best stream for the money. Any channel you can think of for $25 a month.
http://tv4cheap.com/
Check out the free trial.

I currently have Hulu Live AND YouTube tv because I'm trying to decide which I prefer long term.

It's a tough deal though because YouTube doesn't have a few channels that my girlfriend wants.

What does she want? Probably on Philo for $20 a month

Now that my playstation vue is 65$ a month... what all cheaper options are there where you can get most channels , sports and DVR ? it went from 40 a month to 65 in less than 2 years so I need to bail on it before it reaches 80-100$ which is like a year away at this rate.

I had SlingTV for a few years. I loved the interface and it had the best pricing but it had less channels and no dvr for ESPN channels. I currently have Hulu Live TV and it is much better. It seems to work better, has a ton more channels, and you get a dvr that works with ESPN.

You also get all of their on demand stuff included for like $44. You can pay $50 to eliminate commercials on the on demand stuff if you want. I didn't like YouTube TV when I tried it out in the past. It might have been the interface, but I don't recall.

did away with cable about 7-8 months ago & got an amazon firestick, I was wondering if anyone knew of any apps I could install on there to watch live tv/sports games without having to pay. I have mobdro installed but that is constantly messing up.
There is a few options, if you have filelinked l could give them to you

You can now get youtube tv on firestick per email i got from amazon last week. i just switched from spectrum cable to youtube tv a month ago. had i waited i could’ve used my firesticks instead of buying rokus.
If you have a smart tv you don’t need either one.
Please share how, YouTubeTV is supposed to be coming to Firestick, but as of yesterday it's still not available thru their app store.

Dump the girlfriend, problem solved :)

Reactions: CB3UK
I just looked and it is there.
Yep, I found it on our newer Firestick. When I checked yesterday, I was using an older model, checked again, and it's not available for that one. I guess I'll have to order a new Firestick for the bedroom TV.

AT&T TV (formerly DirectTVNow). 50 a month but if you have ATT phone, they take 20 off. I didn't do Hulu because they don't have Walking Dead channel (A&E?) and Nick for my daughter.

It’s AMC for The Walking Dead. However to my knowledge AMC is not available on AT&T Now, either. Which is why I just switched from AT&T Now to YouTube TV.

Please share how, YouTubeTV is supposed to be coming to Firestick, but as of yesterday it's still not available thru their app store.
It is available. Has been for about a month or so. You might have to search for it but it's there.

One thing to note in the Youtube TV vs. Sling TV debate regarding sports....Youtube TV does not have the SEC Network Alternate channel. This was the deal-breaker for me.

One thing to note in the Youtube TV vs. Sling TV debate regarding sports....Youtube TV does not have the SEC Network Alternate channel. This was the deal-breaker for me.

I haven’t found alternate to be a deal breaker for me one way or the other. How frequently do we actually need that?

I’m confused. I was paying like $70/month and it’s not on there
I have it in Lexington. Since I have att phone service, when I got started streaming DirectTVNow for the $50 plan, they take 20 off my phone bill. They have multiple plans to choose from.

I have it in Lexington. Since I have att phone service, when I got started streaming DirectTVNow for the $50 plan, they take 20 off my phone bill. They have multiple plans to choose from.

weird. I had one of the pricier packages and did not have AMC. Then I looked it up and read where AMC isn’t available on there.

@Deli owl i think somehow you’re confused. I’m looking on their site right now. They have 2 packages, plus and max. I had max. AMC is available on neither as Directv Now dropped AMC among others back in May. No idea how you’re getting AMC but I don’t see how it is on ATT NOW.

YouTube and YouTube TV aren’t the same thing

YouTube was added first, but he’s right. I was already using a side loaded YouTube tv on my firestick but I looked it up today. Sure enough it’s there in the App Store now.

@Deli owl i think somehow you’re confused. I’m looking on their site right now. They have 2 packages, plus and max. I had max. AMC is available on neither as Directv Now dropped AMC among others back in May. No idea how you’re getting AMC but I don’t see how it is on ATT NOW.
I’m still watching. Watched fear the walking dead and now walking dead. If I could screenshot it I would.

I’m still watching. Watched fear the walking dead and now walking dead. If I could screenshot it I would.

All good, just having a hard time wrapping my head around you watching a channel on a platform that doesn’t carry that channel. Like I said, there are 2 packages. Which do you have?

This whole thread is painful.

As far as AMC on ATT/Directv Now people with old plans were grandfathered in but you still have it as an option on new plans, you just didn’t look hard enough.

T1VtjPS_d.jpg

Reactions: STL_Cat
This whole thread is painful.

As far as AMC on ATT/Directv Now people with old plans were grandfathered in but you still have it as an option on new plans, you just didn’t look hard enough.

T1VtjPS_d.jpg

Well I’ll be damned. Mea culpa on that, then.

That being said it looks like the cheapest package AT&T Now has with AMC available is $93/month. Outrageous amount to pay for streaming. It’s a no from me, dawg.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT