ADVERTISEMENT

Amazon firestick

KentuckyGirl502

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2019
Louisville,KY
did away with cable about 7-8 months ago & got an amazon firestick, I was wondering if anyone knew of any apps I could install on there to watch live tv/sports games without having to pay. I have mobdro installed but that is constantly messing up.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
I started with firestick and found out you can't get live channels on You Tube. I returned it and ordered RoKu. It's working great and now I have all of the local channels plus SEC network, ect. Yes I'm paying 49.99 a month but that's better than 160 dollars a month.

You can now get youtube tv on firestick per email i got from amazon last week. i just switched from spectrum cable to youtube tv a month ago. had i waited i could’ve used my firesticks instead of buying rokus.
If you have a smart tv you don’t need either one.

did away with cable about 7-8 months ago & got an amazon firestick, I was wondering if anyone knew of any apps I could install on there to watch live tv/sports games without having to pay. I have mobdro installed but that is constantly messing up.
Hulu is great for live sports.

I started with firestick and found out you can't get live channels on You Tube. I returned it and ordered RoKu. It's working great and now I have all of the local channels plus SEC network, ect. Yes I'm paying 49.99 a month but that's better than 160 dollars a month.

Same here, I am loving YouTube TV and like the set up with Roku better.

Reactions: UK-chulo
Reddit. Won’t work on your Fire Stick though. So get a Chromecast and you can cast the videos from the Chrome browser to the Chromecast. I used to do that frequently before I got my current TV with Apple Airplay and an iPhone.

Reactions: KentuckyGirl502
In reality the only thing keeping cable and satellite TV viable is crappy internet. I tried cutting the cord with Sling but our internet was so slow that I had to give up.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
If you know someone who has directv (or any other service) you can download the ESPN app and sign into their account. Doesn’t cost them any extra.

Edit: this is what I do. Works perfect and is free

Last edited:
Reactions: KentuckyGirl502
AT&T TV (formerly DirectTVNow). 50 a month but if you have ATT phone, they take 20 off. I didn't do Hulu because they don't have Walking Dead channel (A&E?) and Nick for my daughter.

Speaking of the NFL (and nba etc by Default) i know it’s just a matter of time before they do the right thing and come out in support of the citizens being killed in Hong Kong. I know the nfl is wOke and progressive so they definitely will not stand by and let censorship occur. I remember that moving and powerful commercial the NFL/ Nike did of “believe in something even if it means sacrificing everything “ so i know it’s only a matter of time before all the big stars / owners / GM’s of these leagues start protesting and speaking out against the atrocities occurring in China.

NFL and NBA = ❤️ :)

Last edited:
Speaking of the NFL (and nba etc by Default) i know it’s just a matter of time before they do the right thing and come out in support of the citizens being killed in Hong Kong. I know the nfl is wOke and progressive so they definitely will not stand by and let censorship occur. I remember that moving and powerful commercial the NFL/ Nike did of “believe in something even if it means sacrificing everything “ so i know it’s only a matter of time before all the big stars / owners / GM’s of these leagues start protesting and speaking out against the atrocities occurring in China.

NFL and NBA = ❤️

Believe in nothing, even if it means sacrificing everything.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Mobdro here. An occasional buffering issue here or there but it's mostly painless. You can find most channels here, from basic cable to WWE Network and anything in between.

How much is youtube tv?
It was just about a year ago that I quit Dish and figured out that YoutubeTV was the best choice for me. Mainly because of sports channels. They've added a few in that year, but at the time it was something like 66 channels and 22 of them were sports.....

AT&T TV (formerly DirectTVNow). 50 a month but if you have ATT phone, they take 20 off. I didn't do Hulu because they don't have Walking Dead channel (A&E?) and Nick for my daughter.

I had Direct TV Now and it changed to AT&T Live which has gone up to almost $80/month.

It's only a matter of time before these streaming services start jacking their prices up.

Reactions: sambowieshin
$49.99/month. There are a very few channels you don't get (history, hallmark and a couple more). There is another service called Philo you can get those on to supplement YouTube TV. It's $19.99/month.

What if you have multiple tv's? Can you DVR and save broadcasts? Does every TV have to watch the same channel?

What if you have multiple tv's? Can you DVR and save broadcasts? Does every TV have to watch the same channel?
You can watch on multiple devices and they don't have to be watching the same thing. Your DVR is available on all devices since it's cloud. It will even start replaying from where you left off.

The youtubetv dvr is awesome. Just search for Kentucky basketball or football or even go broader with just college basketball. Add that to your favorites and it will save every college game for you. You can go back and watch any college game you want. So if you find out after the fact that Duke/UNC was a good game and you missed it, then just scroll back and rewatch it. It's really useful during NCAA when you have to go back and scout teams that we have drawn.

Reactions: Ben101er

Hulu has A&E. YouTube TV and PlayStation does not.

You can have 6 separate accounts on YouTube TV. You can stream 3 at a time. Unlimited DVR. Walking Dead is on AMC but you are correct that A&E is not available on YouTube TV so I have to get my Live PD fix other ways.

Now that my playstation vue is 65$ a month... what all cheaper options are there where you can get most channels , sports and DVR ? it went from 40 a month to 65 in less than 2 years so I need to bail on it before it reaches 80-100$ which is like a year away at this rate.

UK games are on CBS a lot too. You can get cbs as a stand alone for 5 bucks a month. There is a trial period too that is at no cost. You can cancel at any time. If you play it right you can get several months free. I have sling too but I haven't found a package yet with anyone that has cbs. I am also looking into an antenna. That is a one time cost for local channels....whatever those are. I have sling with a host of channels orange and blue and another package and DVR for 55 a month.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT