ADVERTISEMENT

All-time wins doesn't matter.

I don't know why some of you are so concerned about Kansas passing us.

The all-time wins lead doesn't matter.

Sure, we've had it for over 20 years; sure it's one of the most important records in college basketball; sure it's a huge hallmark of achievement, prestige, and basketball glory. Sure it's blah blah blah....

But do we really care about all that? Do we really follow this program because of winning, and tradition, and decades of excellence?

We play the games to have fun, and develop strong sportsmanship. Our guys play the games to represent the program with class and dignity. Calipari has made sure that happens, and I'm not sure why so many of you get hung up on win-win-win when there are more important things in life like integrity and class.

Sure, Kansas is going to pass us soon, but it doesn't matter. They'll be #1 in wins, but it will be with an asterisk that only UK fans will really know about regarding their actual cheating. So phooey on all this talk about Final Fours and NCAA tourney wins and all-time wins. We're Kentucky. We're better than that. We hang spirit banners for ethics, comradery, and the sheer love of the game. We hang banners on the walls of our internal character, and it is in this unseen place, totally overlooked by record keepers and all-time lists, that we truly excel.

Even if the rest of the world pays no attention to our spirit banners of character, we will know the truth, and that is enough.

You need a woman, or, a man...

Reactions: Girthang
“Both me and my dad’r tufferen you”

“Your dad actually does sound pretty tough”

“DONT BRING UP MY DAD YOU SUMBICH”

Sometimes rafters is unintentionally funny. Always feel like I need to take a shower after I come over here though.

Sometimes rafters is unintentionally funny. Always feel like I need to take a shower after I come over here though.
Then don't come. Nobody will notice or care.

Reactions: BBUK

Take your shower, whatever you have to do. Just leave the older folks outta this. They deserve better. I’m gonna get banned defending them. So be it. I don’t care.. But by God, there’s gonna be a voice for them.

Reactions: BBUK

You need a take a shower after you take a shower. Don’t respond. I smell the bullshit already.

I don't know why some of you are so concerned about Kansas passing us.

The all-time wins lead doesn't matter.

Sure, we've had it for over 20 years; sure it's one of the most important records in college basketball; sure it's a huge hallmark of achievement, prestige, and basketball glory. Sure it's blah blah blah....

But do we really care about all that? Do we really follow this program because of winning, and tradition, and decades of excellence?

We play the games to have fun, and develop strong sportsmanship. Our guys play the games to represent the program with class and dignity. Calipari has made sure that happens, and I'm not sure why so many of you get hung up on win-win-win when there are more important things in life like integrity and class.

Sure, Kansas is going to pass us soon, but it doesn't matter. They'll be #1 in wins, but it will be with an asterisk that only UK fans will really know about regarding their actual cheating. So phooey on all this talk about Final Fours and NCAA tourney wins and all-time wins. We're Kentucky. We're better than that. We hang spirit banners for ethics, comradery, and the sheer love of the game. We hang banners on the walls of our internal character, and it is in this unseen place, totally overlooked by record keepers and all-time lists, that we truly excel.

Even if the rest of the world pays no attention to our spirit banners of character, we will know the truth, and that is enough.

We should be passing Indiana up very soon in spirit banners.

Reactions: kl40504
You started off perfectly with the title, but then you kept typing.

Do you guys walk around bragging about UK wins from generations of yore? And how does that stat make games more enjoyable to watch?

It seems like some of you have your identity too wrapped up in records that you had nothing to do with. It's not like if UK is #2 then people are going to start saying UK doesn't have a great tradition.

You’re just a different type person than many. Beta. Nothing necessarily wrong with that.

Where is that $1000 bet big boy. Afraid to take me on. Just a big mouth but nothing behind that mouth.

You’re a clown dude. You’re getting out of an argument by trying to bet a ridiculous amount of $ on a message board. By you saying “bet me $5k or you are wrong!” Is ****ing dumb and absurd.

You know you’re being dumb too. Tell ya what- lets get a 1 month self ban. I say UK will not be a top 10 team this time next year.

Cringe attempt at being witty/ funny. It wasn’t dude. You try this intellectual superiority garbage a lot and it always always falls flat. You’re not smart enough. You act like all these fans are just ignorant rednecks who are politically inferior to you lol.

Grow up. Do better.

I found proof...

OGC.92c12cbbaf3aacf95a558f431638577c

OGC.27ed2e852782fb945811f9f6a48eb64c

tenor.gif
So that is the Canuck?

Take your shower, whatever you have to do. Just leave the older folks outta this. They deserve better. I’m gonna get banned defending them. So be it. I don’t care.. But by God, there’s gonna be a voice for them.
Take some advice, put them on ignore. They are nothing but trolling. They try to make posters mad enough to say the wrong thing to get banned. It’s a game to them. Once you get banned, they will be bragging about it. They have no respect for differing opinions, no respect for the elderly, no respect for this country and the men and women that fought and died for, and lastly, they have no respect for themselves. They are truly not worth your time.

I joined here in 2005, I have added more names to my ignore list this past year, than the 15 years total before.

You , and everyone here , would be better off if you just didn't come here . I don't know what crisis turned you into an asshole , but it did . Good luck getting whatever it is straightened out , your post have went over the cliff.

Last edited:
You , and everyone here , would be better off if you just didn't comer here . I don't know what crisis turned you into an asshole , but it did . Good luck getting whatever it is straightened out , your post have went over the cliff.
I don’t know, Dan, I think some people are born an asshole. I went to school with some way back in the sixties. And I knew they were not raised that way. Most died before age 40, due to being an asshole.

Take some advice, put them on ignore. They are nothing but trolling. They try to make posters mad enough to say the wrong thing to get banned. It’s a game to them. Once you get banned, they will be bragging about it. They have no respect for differing opinions, no respect for the elderly, no respect for this country and the men and women that fought and died for, and lastly, they have no respect for themselves. They are truly not worth your time.

I joined here in 2005, I have added more names to my ignore list this past year, than the 15 years total before.
I know you are right. Mostly, I wouldn’t respond to someone like that. Just once in a while, it strikes a nerve. This is one of those times. You and I have common ground, and both know we only take so much around here. Especially when going through a rough patch.

I know you are right. Mostly, I wouldn’t respond to someone like that. Just once in a while, it strikes a nerve. This is one of those times. You and I have common ground, and both know we only take so much around here. Especially when going through a rough patch.
Yep. I know. That is why I recommend using the ignore function. Reduces the temptation to respond.

You’re a clown dude. You’re getting out of an argument by trying to bet a ridiculous amount of $ on a message board. By you saying “bet me $5k or you are wrong!” Is ****ing dumb and absurd.

You know you’re being dumb too. Tell ya what- lets get a 1 month self ban. I say UK will not be a top 10 team this time next year.
Yep. Has no proof but using a weak and lame excuse to try keep from being shown up, but it's actually working in reverse.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
You , and everyone here , would be better off if you just didn't comer here . I don't know what crisis turned you into an asshole , but it did . Good luck getting whatever it is straightened out , your post have went over the cliff.

He’s legitimately lonely and probably lacking physical intimacy in his real life. Or lacking something.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
This is sad. First, we held the most wins for a looooooonnng time. It was over 30 years ago when we first lost it, during Rick Pitino's first year, as he struggled to come back from the last losing season we've had in history, the year before...

The Lexington Herald-Leader had a box on the front page of the Sports Section every day during Rick Pitino's first year, tracking who was the winningest program in basketball. My recollection was there were three teams initially that year tracked, including Kansas, but then it came down to UK and North Carolina.

The difference between fans then, and the fans today and apparently the OP, is that people DID care. And I recall after we clearly were no longer the winningest program in history in years, Rick Pitino came out and said something along the lines of "I will get Kentucky back where it belongs before I leave here." And it took a couple of years, but he did it.

And that's difference between Cal and Rick Pitino. Rick cared about the program and winning, Cal doesn't appear to care at all....

Reactions: Girthang
This is sad. First, we held the most wins for a looooooonnng time. It was over 30 years ago when we first lost it, during Rick Pitino's first year, as he struggled to come back from the last losing season we've had in history, the year before...

The Lexington Herald-Leader had a box on the front page of the Sports Section every day during Rick Pitino's first year, tracking who was the winningest program in basketball. My recollection was there were three teams initially that year tracked, including Kansas, but then it came down to UK and North Carolina.

The difference between fans then, and the fans today and apparently the OP, is that people DID care. And I recall after we clearly were no longer the winningest program in history in years, Rick Pitino came out and said something along the lines of "I will get Kentucky back where it belongs before I leave here." And it took a couple of years, but he did it.

And that's difference between Cal and Rick Pitino. Rick cared about the program and winning, Cal doesn't appear to care at all....

Rick said the right things, sure, but does a guy who cares about the program say the things he did when he left? He at least cared enough about the program to get it back to good, but that was because it was his resume for getting to the NBA.

It was a tool for him like it is for Cal

Cal has no where higher to aspire to and that's why he's got no motivation to do other than what he wants, when he wants. He doesn't care about the program besides what IT CAN DO FOR HIM. The mask has just come off to the point everyone is really seeing some of who he is.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Yep. I know. That is why I recommend using the ignore function. Reduces the temptation to respond.

It's a great tool. Wish it was available 20 years ago. I'm sure I've been and would have been ignored a TON.

Ultimately, it just divides and isolates.

Even the people with whom I have little to no common ground as a UK fan however I would help if they needed help. Not just because they're UK fans. That I would help will be lost in the morass of all of this bickering and other BS simply because people would rather not disagree without taking everything personally.

Rick said the right things, sure, but does a guy who cares about the program say the things he did when he left? He at least cared enough about the program to get it back to good, but that was because it was his resume for getting to the NBA.

It was a tool for him like it is for Cal

Cal has no where higher to aspire to and that's why he's got no motivation to do other than what he wants, when he wants. He doesn't care about the program besides what IT CAN DO FOR HIM. The mask has just come off to the point everyone is really seeing some of who he is.

To be fair to Rick (I can't believe I wrote that) he said all the right things about Kentucky for many years after he left. It was only when he decided to come to Louisville that things changed. I was so upset when he came to Louisville, but I softened on this over time. I think Rick really liked Kentucky (the state) and he took Louisville because it was open and he wanted to get back to where he had the best time of his life. He still shouldn't have done it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT