ADVERTISEMENT

All-time wins doesn't matter.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
I don't know why some of you are so concerned about Kansas passing us.

The all-time wins lead doesn't matter.

Sure, we've had it for over 20 years; sure it's one of the most important records in college basketball; sure it's a huge hallmark of achievement, prestige, and basketball glory. Sure it's blah blah blah....

But do we really care about all that? Do we really follow this program because of winning, and tradition, and decades of excellence?

We play the games to have fun, and develop strong sportsmanship. Our guys play the games to represent the program with class and dignity. Calipari has made sure that happens, and I'm not sure why so many of you get hung up on win-win-win when there are more important things in life like integrity and class.

Sure, Kansas is going to pass us soon, but it doesn't matter. They'll be #1 in wins, but it will be with an asterisk that only UK fans will really know about regarding their actual cheating. So phooey on all this talk about Final Fours and NCAA tourney wins and all-time wins. We're Kentucky. We're better than that. We hang spirit banners for ethics, comradery, and the sheer love of the game. We hang banners on the walls of our internal character, and it is in this unseen place, totally overlooked by record keepers and all-time lists, that we truly excel.

Even if the rest of the world pays no attention to our spirit banners of character, we will know the truth, and that is enough.

Last edited:

I know, right? It's a beautiful post about spirt banners. They matter. We just need to be positive and unite and send our good vibes into the world and look for how there is still a path to the tourney if we beat Florida or something along those lines (there was a really good poster who wrote about that path but I can't remember who it was - he is amazing). Even if that path closes, we still have our integrity.

I always laughed at Kansas and other programs who took those meaningless November and December games seriously. Don't they know your team is supposed to suck until March, because that's all that matters? This Cal philosophy is the reason we got all those recent titles to show for it and besides tha...Oh crap, we only have one?

Nevermind then

The new banner in the rafters of Rupp since W's don't matter....

John-Calipari-showed-extraordinary-courage-while-kneeling-with-his-team.jpg

I know, right? It's a beautiful post about spirt banners. They matter. We just need to be positive and unite and send our good vibes into the world and look for how there is still a path to the tourney if we beat Florida or something along those lines (there was a really good poster who wrote about that path but I can't remember who it was - he is amazing). Even if that path closes, we still have our integrity.
There is still a path young grass hoppa (urban species).
You must not let goeth of the ropeth my son of brad.
Stay strong Obi 1 Ka-Toppin.

Last edited:

Sure, we've had it for over 20 years; sure it's one of the most important records in college basketball; sure it's a huge hallmark of achievement, prestige, and basketball glory. Sure it's blah blah blah....

But do we really care about all that? Do we really follow this program because of winning, and tradition, and decades of excellence?

We play the games to have fun, and develop strong sportsmanship. Our guys play the games to represent the program with class and dignity. Calipari has made sure that happens, and I'm not sure why so many of you get hung up on win-win-win when there are more important things in life like integrity and class.

Sure, Kansas is going to pass us soon, but it doesn't matter. They'll be #1 in wins, but it will be with an asterisk that only UK fans will really know about regarding their actual cheating. So phooey on all this talk about Final Fours and NCAA tourney wins and all-time wins. We're Kentucky. We're better than that. We hang spirit banners for ethics, comradery, and the sheer love of the game. We hang banners on the walls of our internal character, and it is in this unseen place, totally overlooked by record keepers and all-time lists, that we truly excel.

Even if the rest of the world pays no attention to our spirit banners of character, we will know the truth, and that is enough.
It will be a story when Kansas passes Kentucky ... for about 48 hours.

But I have never heard anyone other than a UK fan talk about the all-time wins total, lead, race, etc. except during the UK2K milestone moment (which was awesome).

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

But I have never heard anyone other than a UK fan talk about the all-time wins total, lead, race, etc. except during the UK2K milestone moment (which was awesome).
You must've been paying little attention then. KU fans are stoked about this and they have a countdown on their forums until it happens ( thanks Cal ). Other message boards covering college basketball like Reddit and such also debate this topic sometimes. It's a big deal IMO.

Satire can be an effective tool in the hands of a craftsman.

In the wrong hands its like a monkey swinging a tire tool -- fun to watch the embarrassing flailing but don't expect anything useful to happen.

In the wrong hands its like a monkey swinging a tire tool -- fun to watch the embarrassing flailing but don't expect anything useful to happen.
Newsflash for you Cal 8-14 Pumpers: if you want to talk about ineffective and useless things, start with your idol's performance this season. OP may be doing satire, but Cal is performing a full blown stand up comedy routine at this point & UK basketball program is the joke

Sure, Kansas is going to pass us soon, but it doesn't matter. They'll be #1 in wins, but it will be with an asterisk that only UK fans will really know about regarding their actual cheating. So phooey on all this talk about Final Fours and NCAA tourney wins and all-time wins. We're Kentucky. We're better than that. We hang spirit banners for ethics, comradery, and the sheer love of the game. We hang banners on the walls of our inteveryrnal character, and it is in this unseen place, totally overlooked by record keepers and all-time lists, that we truly excel.

It damn well does matter.

You better believe Kansas' fans AND the national media are paying close attention to this.

I don't want this program to be any less than number one. Number one in every category possible. Championships. Wins. Winning percentage. Final Fours. You name the category, and I want us to be the best. The national sports media makes a big deal about it because it is a big deal. It's big because you want to define who exactly is the best program. That is of interest to all people. Integrity and class is also a must, but I do not ever want to accept losing--you always strive to win and it is a barometer of what your program is at any moment. We are the absolute best program because of our winning tradition, and yes, counting wins and staying on top is and should be important to every fan of every team. You are OK with relinquishing that distinction held for so long and so many years (with momentary interruptions)? I'm not OK with it. Thankfully, neither was George Patton.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
It’s nice and a bragging point, but I’m not overly-concerned about it. Let’s be honest, the vast majority of those wins were in conference play when most of the conference was disinterested in basketball. What I care most about is just being nationally-relevant every year and in the hunt. To me, that’s it.

Trivia: Do you know who has the all-time wins in college football? Do you think about it? Does it matter?

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
It’s nice and a bragging point, but I’m not overly-concerned about it. Let’s be honest, the vast majority of those wins were in conference play when most of the conference was disinterested in basketball. What I care most about is just being nationally-relevant every year and in the hunt. To me, that’s it.

Trivia: Do you know who has the all-time wins in college football? Do you think about it? Does it matter?
LOL.....the big 8 conference was a joke as well.

Reactions: CROCAT

So true! I see you're ready to help us hang our next spirit banner! I knew we could count on you!

Last edited:

Princeton??? Michigan?

You sound like a true LOSER. I don't know about you, but I want UK to lead in all time WINS. To me, LOSING SUCKS, and you can have my part of it.

OLD STOLL FOELD GUY!

• Love
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
You sound like a true LOSER. I don't know about you, but I want UK to lead in all time WINS. To me, LOSING SUCKS, and you can have my part of it.

OLD STOLL FOELD GUY!
Dude he was being sarcastic...The man is fed up with Cal like most of the fan base is. A few pumpers here and there still fighting the good fight but a few more classic coaching masterpieces by Cal and I presume they too will throw in the towel

As long as I see a smile or two from our guys during a game that they’re down 14, I’m happy.

In my occupation years ago, if I saw the other guy smiling, I knew I was in "Deep $hit." You can have your damn LOSING. I was taught to WIN, and I still believe it's the BEST way. If you don't want to win, why keep score? My, how times have changed with this young generation.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Dude he was being sarcastic...The man is fed up with Cal like most of the fan base is. A few pumpers here and there still fighting the good fight but a few more classic coaching masterpieces by Cal and I presume they too will throw in the towel

I'm sorry I didn't read it that way. I'm a little slow. My apology!

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Huh? You truly must not be a UK fan, they use it as a selling point on national television in every UK vs KU matchup, Champions classic games, games with UNC. Did you miss the 2012 title pregame?

Reactions: CROCAT

What spirit? This team is so bad, even the cardboard cutouts are starting to turn their backs. lol

ADVERTISEMENT