ADVERTISEMENT

All SEC teams play Thursday but UK

UKWildcats1987

All-American
Sep 9, 2021
Interesting scheduling quirk. All other SEC teams but UK play om Thursday this week.

Anyone ever heard of that with so many teams in tourney?

With UKs injury getting an early evening Friday game was a good break.

Edit: misread on MSU. Looks like they would play Friday if they win.

Last edited:
Think auburn will win.

"Think" UK should win.

TN should win.

Beyond that who knows. I think if Arkansas beats Illinois they can make KU nervous.
UT still missing Zeigler will hurt them bad.

Arky SHOULD win, but who knows.

Bama maybe the only team out of 8 to make the S16.

Pathetic if that happens.

They also put 2 SEC teams in each region. Figured they'd put 5 in one region.

Tennessee is seeded too high. Bama and UK will be the only two make the Sweet 16 out of the 8 teams. Tennessee will get ousted in the second game by dUKe. I think Bama gets ousted in the S16 by Virginia. 1 Purdue IMO is the first 1 seed to fall, then 1 Kansas....neither may not make it out of the first weekend.
Kentucky will play Marquette in the S16, this is a 50/50 game. KSU don't worry me and neither does Providence.

Possible UK\dUKe East Regional Title Game in The Garden. I know it's a stretch, but this is a crazy year in Basketball...Anything can happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if no SEC teams make the Sweet Sixteen. Bama should but if they go crazy shooting 3's and missing them, they could go out early in the second round. They had a loss at A&M where they shot 7 of 36. The combination of where most of the SEC is seeded combined with some injuries will cause a lot of them to likely go out the first weekend.

All but 2 teams (Bama and UT) are seeded where an early loss isn't out of the realm of possibilities. UT is actually overseeded and that combined with a key injury will likely still get them eliminated early. I think the SEC does better when not expected to and recently when picked to do well they struggle.

Last year 4 of 6 teams went out in the first or second round and a 5th went out in the Sweet Sixteen (all seeded 6th or better). While the seeding isn't as high this year overall, many still said the SEC was a top 2 conference this year. So expectations are probably a bit higher still. Let's see how the results turn out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT