ADVERTISEMENT

All of the Calipari stubborn things that won't exist with Pope

Cats192

All-American
Apr 22, 2011
Skipping Maui
Skipping the Nike tournament
Scheduling nothing but quad 4 games in December.

"We haven't practiced zone"
No out of bounds plays
No DEFENSE on out of bounds plays
Not using timeouts.
Actual coaching adjustments not existing

Not being transparent about injuries and whether or not people will play.

I can't think of them all. Help me out.

Having a damn near NBA roster and losing 10+ games and not improving from start to finish as we saw the last 8 years.

Playing for the name on the front of the Jersey, not the back.
Wait 8 years? do people not like the 2017 Cats or something? That was an all time fun team to watch, got better as the season went on (lost to UCLA at home, then beat them in tourney with Fox 39 pt game) and only lost cuz they got jobbed against UNC

Skipping Maui

No out of bounds plays
Not using timeouts.

All of the above for me and wanted to add all that jibberish bullshit that comes out of his mouth man it was piled high don't at bud Walton man thank God we don't have the here anymore

No more this weirdo and a half...

iu

Skipping Maui

No out of bounds plays
Not using timeouts.

So you are saying we have a real coach and not a salesman now.

How confused will Coach Pope be when he runs an out of bounds play for the first time, and Rupp Arena goes crazy?
He’s going to wonder what the hell the cheering if for, that’s for sure.

No more skipping pressers, talking about dogs, not answering easy questions, talking down to crazy and stupid fans, swaggy anything, being to cool, talking about billions in contracts, hiding after losses, brothers keeper, blah blah blah.

Wait 8 years? do people not like the 2017 Cats or something? That was an all time fun team to watch, got better as the season went on (lost to UCLA at home, then beat them in tourney with Fox 39 pt game) and only lost cuz they got jobbed against UNC
Ok since after that.

No more set in stone 2 fouls you set in 1st half
Play multiple defenses and possibly press
The two fouls thing is mostly a universal coaching thing. Most coaches do that, but have no problem abandoning it in big games or tournament games.

Reactions: ORCAT10
Skipping Maui

No out of bounds plays
Not using timeouts.

This

“…I thought we were going to win the game. We had it right there, and then all of a sudden there's a turnover, a play, they make a shot, there's a charge here and a charge -- well, a block there, and you know, and all of a sudden it's eight, nine. And it was still, like I told them at six, we're okay.…” https://www.si.com/college/kentucky...aid-after-kentuckys-77-68-loss-to-no-9-kansas
“…I thought we were going to win. I went crazy because you got beat on a back door to lose the game?…”
“…I thought we were going to win the game. I'm looking at it like, okay, we're in good shape. Let's just keep going. Then you make a couple errors, and then we took a couple bad shots down the stretch when it was a two bucket game. Again, what it was, I'm going to take the easiest shot versus I'm going to make a play where I can get fouled.…”
“…I thought we were going to win the game the whole way until the one or two plays in overtime. Never entered my mind we weren’t going to win the game….”
“…We hung in there and gave ourselves a chance and made the baskets coming out at the half. I thought we were going to win the game. As it wound down and it was a three-point game, they needed more from me. You’re talking all freshmen out there. They needed more from me….”
“…“I didn’t think we would have that much of a struggle with those guys…What these teams do every year I coach, they’re going to follow my lead. Well, they probably followed my lead. I thought we were going to win the game, too.”
“…I thought before the game, I thought during the game, I thought we were going to win the game. Up with a timeout….”
How many times did we hear this after a loss? I understand the need to be positive and have a can’t lose attitude, but that’s different than being so arrogant to think even though you haven’t prepared your team for the opponent that you will automatically win.

Last edited:
Reactions: MO_Blue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT