ADVERTISEMENT

All 7 Declaring for the Draft

Originally posted by Gary4UK:
Originally posted by 3rex:
JFCats I understand what you're saying.

You have to realize that those who worship at the alter of Cal have no use for anyone like yourself who may be a little down about the loss, or that half our team is leaving today.
To them, it's all about Cal. So no negativity please.
Yes, and we know for sure that you're a troll.....
Hell, which one Gary? Made for each other.

LOL at the Ewe Tee fan talking about women's Final Fours.

I guess one would have to if you have .... get this ... an "Elite 8" banner to celebrate your men's team's ONE appearance hanging in your arena.

And Vols fans smack talking us about basketball would be like UK fans trying to talk ish to Alabama football for not winning the title this year.

What a clown.

Originally posted by MegaBlue05:
Whole lotta butthurt and irrational in this thread.

Wish the kids well and move on.

This program isn't about pleasing some random fans on the interwebz.

"This program isn't about pleasing some random fans on the interwebz.

The vast majority of our fans are not on the web or this site. To think that fans have nothing to do with the status of the program is shortsighted. Rupp built it and they came. And they've continued to come. It's why Cal saw Kentucky as his opportunity and not some other school.

It has been a down week and there have been plenty of them since I started following the Cats in 1952. There will be more.

Good luck to the kids moving on. UK will survive as it always has. But to be remotely pleased that what looked like possibly a watershed year in many great UK years, turned out like it did with Duke, of all the undeserving teams, winning the title is just to have ZERO perspective of the UK program over the years.

At least for me, this is the worst week since one in 1966.

If losing in the Final Four, missing out on 40-0, watching Duke win another title, and 7 guys leaving the team doesn't count as "kind of a rough week" I'm not sure what would.

I love how everything not 2000% pro-Cal or UK is considered being a troll around here. No wonder other fans think we are complete idiots.
This times 1000. I literally just laughed out loud a minute ago when I read a post that said "well, the way Cal is doing things isn't perfect, but let's be happy because what's the alternative?" Goodness, I'm glad it's not people like you that are working to cure cancer or solve difficult problems. Your solution would be, "hey, it sucks, but since there's no current better alternative (we believe) let's just bury our head in the sand and pretend everything's fine!" "Yeah, pollution sucks, but there's really no alternative so let's just keep doing the same thing and be happy since there's no immediate alternative!"

Sadly, these are the times we live in. Everyone has to be PC and strive not to hurt anyone's feelings. Teams like Bama football and UK bball are labeled loonies/psychos and are shunned for expecting/striving for excellence and are hammered for being disappointed when excellence doesn't occur. It should come as no surprise. These are likely the same people that criticize Americans for wanting to be the best at everything. Sadly, this is just a product of our times. Expextations of greatness are no longer revered, they are now labeled as being "unrealistic" or "expecting too much". "Come on! We went to the final four this year! Other schools would kill to be there! Yeah it sucks! But what's the alternative? Let's be happy about going to the final 4!"

We are being conditioned (and conditioned well) as a society to accept falling short of excellence. It has gotten to the point where we not only accept falling short with open arms (while digging deeply for every positive--no matter how far-fetched--we can find) but we criticize those who are disappointed in falling short as having "unrealistic expectations" or "expecting too much". After all, like they say these days, what's the alternative?
This post was edited on 4/9 10:49 PM by jnewc2

Uh...No....final four.....our guys going to NBA....More great players coming...UK in the headlines...could not be a better time....

If it is bad for you then you must be a Louisville fan or a "TROLL"
This ended up wrong now didnt it? We never had anything to show for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT