ADVERTISEMENT

All 7 Declaring for the Draft

MWes11

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2012
Per Matt Jones and NBA Legion. Our hopes of Devin coming back are dashed.

So sounds like the 2nd "greatest day in the history of Kentucky basketball" is on the horizon...

Wow! Wish all of them the best. Next season will be interesting. Assuming we sign a couple more All-Americans I can see us having a season similar to 2011 where we struggle early on but make a strong push in February and March.

This post was edited on 4/9 9:41 AM by BigSexyCat

"2nd greatest day?" Nope, that is if you measure greatness by number of draftees. It didn't bother me when Cal said and it doesn't now. But since we are on the topic, 2012's draftees while only 6, will fair better than this group. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope they all at least get drafted if they go, but I think maybe 1, possibly two do not hear their name called on draft day.

This post was edited on 4/9 9:37 AM by TheBigBluePrint

Originally posted by JFCats22:
Kind of a rough week to be a UK fan....dang
Uh...No....final four.....our guys going to NBA....More great players coming...UK in the headlines...could not be a better time....

If it is bad for you then you must be a Louisville fan or a "TROLL"

yeah it totally sucks going to final fours. not sure I can take any more seasons like this.

JFCats I understand what you're saying.

You have to realize that those who worship at the alter of Cal have no use for anyone like yourself who may be a little down about the loss, or that half our team is leaving today.
To them, it's all about Cal. So no negativity please.

Originally posted by 3rex:

You have to realize that those who worship at the alter of Cal have no use for anyone like yourself who may be a little down about the loss, or that half our team is leaving today.
there are also those who have hated Cal the second he signed his contract and have been actively routing against the program from day one.

kids come here to be pros...that is all. why fans get upset when they decide to turn pro when its 100% expected is either them being selfish or just stupid. maybe both

It has nothing to do with worshiping Cal. We worship winning. Four Final Fours in five years is a ridiculous amount of winning. Yes, it sucks that we ONLY have one title to show for it and that the roster turnover is crazy high but you cannot argue with the success we've had. Do you have a better alternative? Coach K is the only one that can compete right now on a year in and year out basis and even he has some stinkers mixed in there (losing to a 14 and 15 seed recently).

rolleyes.r191677.gif

You have been ousted as a Louisville troll for days now. Its time to give up the gig loser.

Originally posted by TNCatfanforever:
Uh...No....final four.....our guys going to NBA....More great players coming...UK in the headlines...could not be a better time....

If losing in the Final Four, missing out on 40-0, watching Duke win another title, and 7 guys leaving the team doesn't count as "kind of a rough week" I'm not sure what would.

I love how everything not 2000% pro-Cal or UK is considered being a troll around here. No wonder other fans think we are complete idiots.

Originally posted by Born and raised Big Blue:
Nba legion said all but dakari.
Johnson is likely an early 2nd rounder, so shut up, tip your cap to a kid who gave us his all and be a good fan.

You bitches would still be crying about a 2014 S16 loss to Louisville if it wasn't for Dakari. Remember that.

I understand being a bit sad when guys leave but that's the whole reason they come to UK in the first place. Cal gives them the best possible chance of having their dreams come true as far as making it to the NBA.

It's been 6 years now. And it's working perfectly. They are having success in the season as a TEAM (4 final fours in 6 years IMO is a success) and then they are getting draft as INDIVIDUALS and having success in the NBA.

This is perfect. For everyone involved.

If losing in the Final Four, missing out on 40-0, watching Duke win another title, and 7 guys leaving the team doesn't count as "kind of a rough week" I'm not sure what would.

I love how everything not 2000% pro-Cal or UK is considered being a troll around here. No wonder other fans think we are complete idiots.
GTFO LOSER

Originally posted by Crankdatmustard:
rolleyes.r191677.gif

You have been ousted as a Louisville troll for days now. Its time to give up the gig loser.
Douche bag...get over the troll obsession and get back to kissing your boyfriend.

Just so I know - what is the required post count needed before you lose your troll obsession?
This post was edited on 4/9 9:53 AM by JFCats22

I love how everything not 2000% pro-Cal or UK is considered being a troll around here. No wonder UK fans think I am a complete idiot.
FIFY

Tell us how your team did this year.

Cal celebrates the players going pro so that the best future one and Dones will sign with him. (Notice, I didn't say sign with Kentucky). Cal has made UK basketball all about him and how many he can send to the NBA.
I understand the logic behind what he's doing, but I wish he was more about our BB program and less about the NBA.
To paraphrase Mr. Wonderful on Shark Tank, "Once you leave for the NBA, you're dead to me"!

FiveStarCat-- I certainly agree & have no problem with what you stated. But all the guy saidwas its "been kind of a rough week..." Didn't say it's been a tough season, a tough few years, anything of the sort.

If losing in the final four & losing half the team, all in the same week, are not grounds for some fans to think it's been a rough week, then that's crazy.

But to the usual suspects, the guy must be a louisville fan, or more to the point, not in complete 24/7 awe & reverence for all Cal has done. Even your post asks "do you have a better alternative?" What's that all about? Again, he didn't say he wanted another coach, only that it's "been kind of a rough week."

This post was edited on 4/9 9:56 AM by 3rex

This post was edited on 4/9 9:58 AM by 3rex

Originally posted by MWes11:

Originally posted by bookerfan66:

Well we have had two straight final fours so I can take a down year next season.
Are you kidding me?

ec
You really think losing 7 players to the NBA many of whom are experencied won't effect us next season? There is no way we can replace all that talent.
This post was edited on 4/9 9:55 AM by bookerfan66

Damn man - Do you honestly think anyone in BBN is happy about losing? It happens in sports.

7 guys are going to the nba to try and make good money. I had to work 7 years over in the ME to become financially secure. These guys are getting paid to play basketball.

Nobody worships Cal but he has taken our program BACK to the top of the mountain top again. He is winning, hanging banners, putting kids into the nba. Just about everything he said he would do at his introduction speech. Cal is not perfect and neither are our kids.

A lot to be positive about.

FF38-1Good recruiting class coming in7 kids with the chance to improve their family and many other lives

Have you forgotten the slow decline of Tubby and drop off of BCG? GBB

Originally posted by ala_kat2:
Cal celebrates the players going pro so that the best future one and Dones will sign with him. (Notice, I didn't say sign with Kentucky). Cal has made UK basketball all about him and how many he can send to the NBA.
I understand the logic behind what he's doing, but I wish he was more about our BB program and less about the NBA.
To paraphrase Mr. Wonderful on Shark Tank, "Once you leave for the NBA, you're dead to me"!
Totally agree. If Cal was more about Kentucky, we'd probably be a national contender all 6 years he's been here instead of 5!!!!

By the way- you morons do remember the 13-year Final 4 drought and 14-year national championship drought before Cal got here, right?

I have no time for you short-sighted fools.

FiveStarCat-- I certainly agree & have no problem with what you stated. But all the guy sai was its "been kind of a rough week..." Didn't say it's been a tough season, a tough few years, anything of the sort.

If losing in the final four & losing half the team, all in the same week, are grounds for some fans to think it's been a rough week, then that's crazy.

But to the usual suspects, the guy must be a louisville fan, or more to the point, not in complete 24/7 awe & reverence for all Cal has done.
Appreciate it. I never said the season was a failure or the team sucked or Cal should hit the road. I said it's been "kind of a rough week."

The weird obsession with trolling on here is crazy to me.

I think it's UK + Cal in many ways and not Cal only, but the problem with this logic is that UK itself has no cache for these players.

We don't recruit in state. We can't. Lexington isn't a bustling metropolis. The weather is bad. The tradition is ungodly but most of these players don't care about that.

So anybody who comes in to follow Cal is going to have to do it the same way. It's a romantic idea that they would be choosing Kentucky because of "the program," but it's simply a fiction. These guys sign on for the coach.

I know my opinion will be criticized because many here must concretely praise our team/program/Cal no matter what. Nevertheless, I don't see this outcome as a positive reflection on our program but instead reinforces that we are a "rent-a-team" or whatever the Bo Ryan type of comment was. Many of our basketball programs kids are moving on in their profession to great rewards although a couple may not have such a great outcome. Yes, come to Kentucky, play for a year, and move on. Personally, I don't know that is a great reputation to have as a college team and program. I think the best hope is to see Duke players similarly move on as well as some other programs to reduce the stigma that it just mainly the Kentucky basketball program.

Louisville fan.

Originally posted by uk78:
I know my opinion will be criticized because many here must concretely praise our team/program/Cal no matter what. Nevertheless, I don't see this outcome as a positive reflection on our program but instead reinforces that we are a "rent-a-team" or whatever the Bo Ryan type of comment was. Many of our basketball programs kids are moving on in their profession to great rewards although a couple may not have such a great outcome. Yes, come to Kentucky, play for a year, and move on. Personally, I don't know that is a great reputation to have as a college team and program. I think the best hope is to see Duke players similarly move on as well as some other programs to reduce the stigma that it just mainly the Kentucky basketball program.
Three of these guys played two years. One played three.

They weren't all rented for one year. More than half of those guys came back after taking a team to the national championship game.

And of those who are freshmen, one is likely going to be the #1 pick.

The "rent a player" thing was idiotic when Ryan said it and it's disappointing than any Kentucky fan would feel that way considering the connection these players keep with UK once they leave. There's far more of a sense of family here than there was when Tubby Smith was here, for instance, and he didn't have a single one-and-done.

You write this like you believe Cal will be at another college job after UK. He might eventually go to the NBA, but I don't see any other option besides NBA or retirement. So by default, any recruit that plays for him will be playing for Kentucky...

I'm blatantly confused.

For myself its been a GREAT unbelievable 6 years of being a UK fan. It was GREAT year to be a fan, had a ton of fun. Love the kids, love Cal, lots to love. BUT, it has not been a great week. Its been a shit week. It was painful to lose on saturday. I was at the game and will NEVER forget that experience, especially the last 5 minutes. They replay in my head over and over again and I pull at my hair and think how, how did that happen, we had it and we let it slip through our fingers. And now no one is coming back that was a maybe?

For myself I would say that would classify as being a tough week for my UK fanship. Again, amazing run we've had with cal and more success to come. But to get angry about others calling it tough is delusional and asinine.

I really prefer to be objective and straight with myself.

We just went to the final four 4 out of the last five years, winning 1 championship. That's what I call getting it done. this is a golden era of UK bball. There are always going to be the legion of the "entitled" and the occasional troll to try and tear it down. Don't let them steal your joy.

Joneslab, you are correct that is not just Freshman. But, I am willing to bet that the sheer volume will be what the media addresses and again I don't believe it will be a positive reflection. Let's see......

ia.ukfan- GREAT POST[/URL]
This post was edited on 4/9 10:07 AM by uk78

That's because you're a shortsighted selfish ingrate who's exactly the kind of jackass that gives UK fans a bad name.

Good job.

Originally posted by uk78:
Joneslab, you are correct that is not just Freshman. But, I am willing to bet that the sheer volume will be what the media addresses and again I don't believe it will be a positive reflection. Let's see......
The media has always fastened the "Cal takes players for one year and then pushes them out the door" narrative to the program.

Kentucky fans should know better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT