ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama player arrested again

In all fairness, CBD isn't the same as weed. Weed isn't as safe as some want to make it out to be. Colorado OB-GYN doctors have been sounding the alarm but nobody is listening apparently.
People just want to self-medicate to escape the horrors of their own lives. I say let them do it...just tax the hell out of them and lower my property taxes, please.

It’s crazy it’s not legalized everywhere. I’ll tell ya, CBD is a miracle drug. Knocked the seizure activity completely out of my dog! He hasn’t had one in two years, since adding CBD to his daily regimen. Thank the Lord!

EDIT: Wonder how Colorado feels about guns, though? This coming from someone that used to live in Colorado Springs.
That’s great it helped your dog! I recently have switched to more CBD over THC. Even when I take some THC, I usually mix it in with CBD.

I feel like guns would depend on where you’re at in CO. Denver you might get more negative feelings, but out in the mts mostly everyone will probably own one. All the Colorado natives I know enjoy going up to the mts and shooting.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Gotta have a permit for concealed handgun here still, to my knowledge. Weed still properly illegal.
In Georgia they recently approved constitutional carry. I figured if Georgia did it then Alabama probably did it a while ago.

Properly? Interesting take

It is, it was recently passed.
So unless the guns were illegally obtained, unlawfully modified, or were used for the crime (I.e armed robbery) them having guns is completely irrelevant.

I highly doubt they were using guns to smoke the devil’s lettuce.

Nate Oates is cool with having a suspected accomplice to murder on the team but not a pot smoker. Yeah, this is some serious off season bravery right here. If this was before a big game or what a star player/headline recruit he would’ve smiled and waved. He’s trying to save face from the previous backlash

You can’t conceal carry in a bar in ky. You can’t carry a pistol drunk. You aren’t supposed to be able to buy a gun in general if you use illegal drugs, but it works off the honor system.

Drugs and guns don’t mix. Alcohol and guns don’t mix. It’s stupid to carry both at the same time and the kid made a dumb decision.

I don’t believe constitutional carry covers people under 21 and people under 21 cannot buy pistols, at least in ky.

Reactions: Zissou87
So unless the guns were illegally obtained, unlawfully modified, or were used for the crime (I.e armed robbery) them having guns is completely irrelevant.

Nate Oates is cool with having a suspected accomplice to murder on the team but not a pot smoker. Yeah, this is some serious off season bravery right here. If this was before a big game or what a star player/headline recruit he would’ve smiled and waved. He’s trying to save face from the previous backlash
Really? What if they had cocaine and guns? How about fentanyl and guns?

Sounding the alarm on what?

My niece is an Ob-Gyn doctor. I asked her about a TV news report I saw about babies being born to mothers who use weed and have serious medical complications. According to my niece and the report, pregnant women think because it is a legal in places like Colorado, it is safe. Apparently, it is not.

I am not going to debate whether weed is safe or not but I do know for a fact that there are warnings from the medical community that people need to be aware of. For a pregnant mother, caution is advised. That was my point.

My niece is an Ob-Gyn doctor. I asked her about a TV news report I saw about babies being born to mothers who use weed and have serious medical complications. According to my niece and the report, pregnant women think because it is a legal in places like Colorado, it is safe. Apparently, it is not.

I am not going to debate whether weed is safe or not but I do know for a fact that there are warnings from the medical community that people need to be aware of. For a pregnant mother, caution is advised. That was my point.
Not looking for a debate, was curious what you were talking about.

It seems like that has shifted for some odd reason out here in CO. I remember when I moved out here, dispos wouldn’t even talk about using while being pregnant. Now it seems people are a little too open to it. That’s crazy to me. I’m all for people using if they want and for most adults it is going be safe, but if you’re pregnant it would be best to abstain.

Reactions: saxonburgcat

Sort of ironic, I have had a conceal carry in Alabama for 10 years and have probably only carried a gun about 10 times normally when I travel to a reciprocal State late at night. Now that every citizen has theright to conceal carry I am considering carrying at all times.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Oats has shown his character as a coach and he should not be able to get a job coaching any level

Reactions: Zissou87
Sort of ironic, I have had a conceal carry in Alabama for 10 years and have probably only carried a gun about 10 times normally when I travel to a reciprocal State late at night. Now that every citizen has theright to conceal carry I am considering carrying at all times.
Every law abiding citizen should

Really? What if they had cocaine and guns? How about fentanyl and guns?
I don’t care dude. Unless they’re using the guns to commit violent crimes or drive I don’t care what other people put in their bodies. I’m not sure why you do.

As far as the gun part, I definitely don’t care if they aren’t being used to commit crimes. A dude is snorting cocaine but you’re concerned with the gun on his hip? Why?

Not my scene or crowd but as long as it doesn’t affect me I. Don’t. Care. And neither should you.

You make the right point about the guns being legal, then call Miller an accomplice to murder for bringing someone a gun they owned?

If you are pregnant, you are not supposed to drink coffee. I assume most pregnant women know that weed could be harmful.

Well...
heysexy.001.gif

kjjs6rn.jpg

• Love
Reactions: UKrazycat2
In Georgia they recently approved constitutional carry. I figured if Georgia did it then Alabama probably did it a while ago.

Properly? Interesting take
I stand corrected on the concealed carry. Law changed on January 1, 2023
no requirement in Kentucky for concealed carry.
Crime was in AL as I understand it. Moot point though as I have learned AL law changed on 1/1/2023.

That was used to murder someone. What’s the disconnect there? Murder weapon is a bit different.
all guns could be murder weapons. If you have my gun, and I ask you to bring it to me, and I kill someone with it, you did not commit a crime. This is just rivalry bullshit. The kid did not commit a crime. Maybe made a decision I wouldn't want of my grandchildren to make, but if everyone wants guns legal, you have to accept what happens with them.

all guns could be murder weapons. If you have my gun, and I ask you to bring it to me, and I kill someone with it, you did not commit a crime. This is just rivalry bullshit. The kid did not commit a crime. Maybe made a decision I wouldn't want of my grandchildren to make, but if everyone wants guns legal, you have to accept what happens with them.
If I brought you a gun and you killed someone with minutes of me bringing it to you I would likely be charged with being an accomplice to murder.

Wether I get convicted or not would depend on other circumstances. Did I know what you were going to use it for? Can I prove I didn’t know you were going to murder someone with it in the dead of night? Depends on the lawyer I suppose.

But I 100% would be charged.

I don’t care dude. Unless they’re using the guns to commit violent crimes or drive I don’t care what other people put in their bodies. I’m not sure why you do.

As far as the gun part, I definitely don’t care if they aren’t being used to commit crimes. A dude is snorting cocaine but you’re concerned with the gun on his hip? Why?

Not my scene or crowd but as long as it doesn’t affect me I. Don’t. Care. And neither should you.
You are missing the point chief. I don’t know the law in Alabama but the fact that firearms are present can escalate a simple possession charge to a felony. Having a legal gun is obviously no big deal but possessing Marijuana and firearms is very much a big deal in some states. I’m not a lawyer but a quick Google search says that in KY any drug offense can be charged as a felony if a gun is involved. This may mean nothing in Alabama but just because you see no issue with a guy having a firearm and marijuana as no big deal doesn’t mean it’s not a big deal.

You are missing the point chief. I don’t know the law in Alabama but the fact that firearms are present can escalate a simple possession charge to a felony. Having a legal gun is obviously no big deal but possessing Marijuana and firearms is very much a big deal in some states. I’m not a lawyer but a quick Google search says that in KY any drug offense can be charged as a felony if a gun is involved. This may mean nothing in Alabama but just because you see no issue with a guy having a firearm and marijuana as no big deal doesn’t mean it’s not a big deal.
No, Chief, it is you who is missing the point I’m afraid.

Idc what the law says. The law doesn’t dictate what I do or do not care about. There are several examples of the law and my morales not seeing eye to eye and I challenge you to think the same way.

It’s not a big deal for someone to possess drugs and a firearm if they aren’t using said firearm to commit a crime. I’m not sure why this concept alludes you.

The law also says it’s ok to murder babies in some states. Does that make infanticide ok?

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
If I brought you a gun and you killed someone with minutes of me bringing it to you I would likely be charged with being an accomplice to murder.

Wether I get convicted or not would depend on other circumstances. Did I know what you were going to use it for? Can I prove I didn’t know you were going to murder someone with it in the dead of night? Depends on the lawyer I suppose.

But I 100% would be charged.
Wrong.

Compelling argument. Tell you what, if you ever bring your buddy a murder weapon and don’t get charged with being an accomplice or accessory I’ll give you $100.

I think you’ll find you’d be treated very differently than a star athlete like Brandon Miller.

Reactions: blubo
Compelling argument. Tell you what, if you ever bring your buddy a murder weapon and don’t get charged with being an accomplice or accessory I’ll give you $100.

I think you’ll find you’d be treated very differently than a star athlete like Brandon Miller.
I've been an attorney for 60 years and know that bringing someone a gun, bat, hammer, jump rope or anything else that they own doesn't get me in trouble or charged with anything if they use that item to commit a crime, even as bad as murder. You keep saying "murder weapon" and while I generally agree with that sentiment because I don't think most people should be able to own guns, but can't you acknowledge that it is not a "murder weapon" until the guy shoots someone with it?

This kid's biggest offense ......

Getting caught with weed & guns AFTER the hullabaloo this past season that cost a young women her life.

The good news, nobody got hurt.
The bad news, you're now going to pay in the court of public opinion before you go to trial.

Where Oates will always be wrong, he should have held Miller out a few games while all the facts came out last fall, etc. First, just to be sure he had an accurate story and secondly as a harsh reminder that who you hang out with and their actions can have consequences on you.

Notice Oates didn't wait to take action here? Does that help this kid or hurt him more?

I'm just saying Oates has opened the door to questions about consistency, and character of his recruits. Booting this kid today helps Nate Oates. But only because he handled the first situation so secretively.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I've been an attorney for 60 years and know that bringing someone a gun, bat, hammer, jump rope or anything else that they own doesn't get me in trouble or charged with anything if they use that item to commit a crime, even as bad as murder. You keep saying "murder weapon" and while I generally agree with that sentiment because I don't think most people should be able to own guns, but can't you acknowledge that it is not a "murder weapon" until the guy shoots someone with it?
I don’t think any accomplice or accessory to murder ever brought the murder weapon before the murder had been committed. But you are right, it isn’t a murder weapon until a murder has been committed.

I’m not saying he should’ve been CONVICTED. I’m saying he should’ve been charged and they should’ve investigated wether or not he knew what his teammate was up to. In order to not be an accessory he would have to of not known his teammate wanted his gun to shoot someone.

I think any law abiding citizen with clear mental health history can and should own fire arms. I do not believe the government should be sole custody of our nation’s firearms. As a lawyer I’m sure you studied history in your undergrad and can understand why I’m hesitant to trust our government with all the guns. I can’t name one government in human history that didn’t take advantage of its own population through use of force.

Last edited:
Reactions: blubo
If you are pregnant, you are not supposed to drink coffee. I assume most pregnant women know that weed could be harmful.

Yeah, I assume "most" know that but there are enough of the ones who said they didn't know that it was a story on the news. But, my original point was that CBD and THC are different. Not everyone agrees that THC is safe.

No, Chief, it is you who is missing the point I’m afraid.

Idc what the law says. The law doesn’t dictate what I do or do not care about. There are several examples of the law and my morales not seeing eye to eye and I challenge you to think the same way.

It’s not a big deal for someone to possess drugs and a firearm if they aren’t using said firearm to commit a crime. I’m not sure why this concept alludes you.

The law also says it’s ok to murder babies in some states. Does that make infanticide ok?
Lol. Your defense was that having guns and marijuana was no big deal because you don’t believe it is immoral. That doesn’t change the fact that in the eyes of the law it is a big deal. You can “feel” a certain way about anything, but reality trumps feelings except in some woke utopia.

Lol. Your defense was that having guns and marijuana was no big deal because you don’t believe it is immoral. That doesn’t change the fact that in the eyes of the law it is a big deal. You can “feel” a certain way about anything, but reality trumps feelings except in some woke utopia.
What are you talking about? I never said my word is law. I stated my opinion on the matter and you started debating me on it but the other way around.

Laws aren’t moral because they’re laws. Like I said before, infanticide is legal in many states. Does that mean it’s ok? You never answered me on that… I wonder why…

go ahead and let politicians and the government define what’s morally good and evil for you. When you grow old enough to think for yourself maybe we discuss this again.

I don’t think any accomplice or accessory to murder ever brought the murder weapon before the murder had been committed. But you are right, it isn’t a murder weapon until a murder has been committed.

I’m not saying he should’ve been CONVICTED. I’m saying he should’ve been charged and they should’ve investigated wether or not he knew what his teammate was up to. In order to not be an accessory he would have to of not known his teammate wanted his gun to shoot someone.

I think any law abiding citizen with clear mental health history can and should own fire arms. I do not believe the government should be sole custody of our nation’s firearms. As a lawyer I’m sure you studied history in your undergrad and can understand why I’m hesitant to trust our government with all the guns. I can name one government in human history that didn’t take advantage of its own population through use of force.
It doesn't work that way. They have to have probable cause that you committed the crime to charge you. They can't just charge you in order to start investigating. Why does anyone want a gun if not to shoot it?

Seriously, why is anyone laughing at the post about Ob-gyn doctors being concerned? They are seeing a major increase in newborns with major health issues. I have no idea why anyone would laugh.
I'm sure its harmful for babies. Lot's of stuff is but normal food and water. Alcohol, cigarettes, weed, pills.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT