ADVERTISEMENT

Aike’s Tourney Predictor 11/19/22 (11/20/22 Update Added)

Here is pomeroy rankng thru 11/19

here is sagarin

here is espn bpi

Keep up the good work--always nice to compare various "systems"

here is the composite of 25 systems from last Monday, Nov 14

rr

Reactions: Aike
Here is pomeroy rankng thru 11/19

here is sagarin

here is espn bpi

Keep up the good work--always nice to compare various "systems"

here is the composite of 25 systems from last Monday, Nov 14

rr
Thanks. Good to keep in mind that a lot of those systems have a starting point that includes predictions. It takes a while for all the data to be this season only.

Massey included my model in his composite last year, later in the season. He ended up last year using 40-60 different models per week.

Thanks. Good to keep in mind that a lot of those systems have a starting point that includes predictions. It takes a while for all the data to be this season only.

Massey included my model in his composite last year, later in the season. He ended up last year using 40-60 different models per week.

Dude, give the brother cause to go to one source. YOU... Step it up Aike.... break his heart. 😁

I'm guessing if UK wins tonight that Zags will still be ahead. This model is crazy
Probably not? Maybe if it’s a close game? They are basically tied now, so if it’s a close game they will probably still be close to tied.

Aike, is there another thread where you explain your Predictor to Idiots (of which I am King)?
I’ve explained it through the years, probably less and less lately. I’ll give it to you in a nutshell…

It looks at the statistical profiles of recent tournament participants. Looks at how they played during the season, and how many games they won in the tournament.

From this information, it makes a prediction about how many games a team is likely to win in the upcoming tournament (assuming they make the tournament).

That’s the gist of it. I’m happy to get into more detailed specifics if you have any questions.

Reactions: uky8unc5
I’ve explained it through the years, probably less and less lately. I’ll give it to you in a nutshell…

It looks at the statistical profiles of recent tournament participants. Looks at how they played during the season, and how many games they won in the tournament.

From this information, it makes a prediction about how many games a team is likely to win in the upcoming tournament (assuming they make the tournament).

That’s the gist of it. I’m happy to get into more detailed specifics if you have any questions.
Thanks. That was succinct and sufficient. I somehow missed your past posts on this.

My hobby these (old man) days is betting on Sports.
Always looking for an edge. Hat Tip!

Thanks. That was succinct and sufficient. I somehow missed your past posts on this.

My hobby these (old man) days is betting on Sports.
Always looking for an edge. Hat Tip!
Obviously this is for entertainment purposes only. That being said, it becomes more and more accurate at predicting lines as the season goes on. Bit of a crapshoot this early.

Reactions: uky8unc5
Obviously this is for entertainment purposes only. That being said, it becomes more and more accurate at predicting lines as the season goes on. Bit of a crapshoot this early.
My betting is for entertainment only too.
I worked too hard all my life to fritter it away.

But my brain works like yours.
Stats tell a story. You just have to figure it out!
Again...Hat Tip Aike.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT