ADVERTISEMENT

Adou Thiero redshirt possibility?

Mike-McD

Junior
Aug 3, 2022
If he can't come back, he's qualified to take a medical redshirt according to the rules, if I read them right.

1. The injury must be season ending.

2. The player must not have played more than 30% of the games (he's played 10).

3. The injury must have occurred before the midway point of the season.

All three apply.

Just wondering what will happen but if he can't come back, he could take this option.

He needs to stay and play to prove he is healthy before he declares. I would love him to stay 2 more years.

We need Adou......
THIS YEAR!!
If we are going to make it where we all want to go, Adou is needed badly on this team.

We will realize how bad we need him if we have to play UT without him available to play.

We have no one other than Adou that can defend Knect or whatever his name is.

Not sure I see him making it to the NBA unless he plays. And honestly the way he was playing, he really should come back this year and maybe he could show out as a 3 and D guy with tons of potential.

But he's still firmly in the "project" category. Font think he's on any draft radar.

We need Adou......
THIS YEAR!!
If we are going to make it where we all want to go, Adou is needed badly on this team.

We will realize how bad we need him if we have to play UT without him available to play.

We have no one other than Adou that can defend Knect or whatever his name is.

Problem is UT has no one to defend Z, Reed, Wagner, Reeves, Dilly, etc, either.

We have like 4 to 5 of that guy. Our guys just don't get to hog it up like him and shoot a 100 times a game.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Every sports writer that covers UK basketball will want to get the scoop about his status tonight, so what time do these things get announced?

If he can't come back, he's qualified to take a medical redshirt according to the rules, if I read them right.

All three apply.

Just wondering what will happen but if he can't come back, he could take this option.
Seriously? Don't you know by now that Cal doesn't believe in his players redshirting?

Love the team and the winning. That said THIS is the kind of bullshyt Cal pulls every year. Cryptic injury crap and acting like he is lost and cannot possibly get or give correct information.... so instead will send out a complete lie (general soreness) and trickle out game time decisions/indecisions. It's childish and unprofessional - makes him look like/confirms he is full of it. Vintage Cal though - year in and year out. Bank on this type of behavior. Last year Wheeler's mysterious/must operate now tailbone.

Again not to confuse - love the team and players and the winning - not a fan of this type of petty foolishness.

All three apply.

Just wondering what will happen but if he can't come back, he could take this option.i
Whose call is it to determine season ending. Suppose a player is injured in game 7-8 and the team play 32 - 33. That would be less than 30% and before midway. When is season ending determined. A player and a coach would be foolish to bring a player back with only 5-6 games left so it seems to me a player can say they have pain and no one knows their body and thus it is season ending. Am I correct?

Problem is UT has no one to defend Z, Reed, Wagner, Reeves, Dilly, etc, either.

We have like 4 to 5 of that guy. Our guys just don't get to hog it up like him and shoot a 100 times a game.
You must not have watched UT play this year if you think UT won't have anybody to guard our guards.

Vescovy will have 6-7 flop fouls on us in the first half.

Zeigler can defend the ball regardless of who is at point.

If you think South Carolina is grabbing and holding, you just wait until you see UT play half court defense.

I read where Cal does not know why he isn't playing? WTF..you make $9 mil to know why..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT