ADVERTISEMENT

Adou Thiero is down to five schools

Would love him back and think he would be good in Pope's system. However, I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm going to predict Pitt, but would love for him to return.

the thing is, all the players we wanted and pined for in the past 4 years couldn't get it done...I mean not even close

so while I understand the desire to have talented players on the team, perhaps its time to admit our perception of what talent is has been badly warped by Cal's desire to get kids in the NBA, not win national championships

Notice UConn and Purdue are not on his list.

I caught the tail end of it but heard Matt Jones say we have 2 people who are committed but wont be announced yet? Or did I mishear something? Not sure if he meant the 2 big guys that are meeting with Pope today or different people?

This one is probably about money. I'll hate it if he goes to IU.
I would hate to see him go to IU as well. He wouldn’t make them any better. Indiana might be the only school in the country that was coached worse than Kentucky last year. They have been getting some bags in the transfer portal but the issue last year was guard play. If they don’t get some guards, they’ll be no better this year. Let’s hope they don’t get any guards.

I think he would be a really fun 4 in Pope’s offense. Since the basketball world today seems to be about money and nothing more, I’ll just assume Arkansas (despite him / his family not seeming that high on Cal) and take a pleasant surprise if it turns out otherwise.

Reactions: G-PIP
I would rather him follow Cal than go to UNC or Indiana. Him putting those names on there tells me he's not coming back here. A lot of behind scenes stuff we don't know about but I can imagine. Good Luck to him.

Reactions: dl51344
I thought I read that Ark is promising double amount NIL for any prior UK player committing to Ark?

If these kids are transferring because of money, they have to produce, just because you look like you can play or have a few good games doesn't warrant big NIL deals. All of this sh__ is taking the game to a place where nobody wanted it to go. A few more tweaks and the college game will lose a ton of fans. I don't watch the NBA for several reasons, now the college game is headed that way and the NCAA can't do anything to stop it, so they are taking the if you can't beat them, join them route.

This is turning into a complete shit show; NIL and the portal.
I am at the point, "F**k em all" and let them go play for pay elsewhere.
If it is all about money now, then as working adults everyone should know how that is. You're only going to work to get paid.
As a business owner who has dealt with all sorts of people, more people than not only give effort to match what they feel their paycheck is.
How many times have I heard negative comments from people like, "I don't make enough to do that", "I get paid to do this and nothing else".

Are players going to dive for loose balls or they going to be some low paid workers who feels that is not in their job description?

If the school, its fans, the traditions, a legacy, a good education means nothing anymore, then lets just buy some cheap Mexican laborers and watch them do like they do now; work their tails off for less.
Let's find kids who still have some heart left, want to get paid and understand your performance is just like the real world in business, you get more when you do more.

For Ado to think about going to Arkansas after how Cal used, or misused him at times, is a head scratcher.

I would hate to see him go to IU as well. He wouldn’t make them any better. Indiana might be the only school in the country that was coached worse than Kentucky last year. They have been getting some bags in the transfer portal but the issue last year was guard play. If they don’t get some guards, they’ll be no better this year. Let’s hope they don’t get any guards.
Too late. Rice and Carlyle. I don’t think Adou has a visit scheduled with IU.

This is turning into a complete shit show; NIL and the portal.
I am at the point, "F**k em all" and let them go play for pay elsewhere.
If it is all about money now, then as working adults everyone should know how that is. You're only going to work to get paid.
As a business owner who has dealt with all sorts of people, more people than not only give effort to match what they feel their paycheck is.
How many times have I heard negative comments from people like, "I don't make enough to do that", "I get paid to do this and nothing else".

Are players going to dive for loose balls or they going to be some low paid workers who feels that is not in their job description?

If the school, its fans, the traditions, a legacy, a good education means nothing anymore, then lets just buy some cheap Mexican laborers and watch them do like they do now; work their tails off for less.
Let's find kids who still have some heart left, want to get paid and understand your performance is just like the real world in business, you get more when you do more.

For Ado to think about going to Arkansas after how Cal used, or misused him at times, is a head scratcher.
Just like Z.

Relax fellas Jerry isn’t paying double, that was an unfounded rumor. He MIGHT be contributing more than what he previously has (which isn’t much as it pertains to basketball), but he’s not paying double for UK guys. If he were you’d already see them all committed.

Has he even visited any of these other schools? While
I like being able to grab a player or two to round out a roster, building a team from scratch is a daunting task. It feels like we take one step forward and two steps back.

the thing is, all the players we wanted and pined for in the past 4 years couldn't get it done...I mean not even close

so while I understand the desire to have talented players on the team, perhaps its time to admit our perception of what talent is has been badly warped by Cal's desire to get kids in the NBA, not win national championships

You can go bigger view than that - no one from the Elite 8 is on his list

Reactions: TankedCat
Surprised Arkansas is on the list... Chicken Nugget $$$ must be fire.

That said unless his 3 point shot and decision making greatly improves think he will struggle in popes offense. Saw him get blocked or travel way too much last year.

Reactions: GoCats53

Pretty much this. BBN’s collective head needs a thorough reprogramming.

For the record, I’d love to keep Adou. If he goes to Arky, he’ll get paid, and then proceed to be totally misused just like he was this year and the year before that.

After ten years of five-star futility, I no longer sweat losing the surefire draft picks. Again, I’d love to have him back because I do feel Pope would actually utilize his skillset properly. But if he chooses to go elsewhere it’s not the end of the world.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I thought I read that Ark is promising double amount NIL for any prior UK player committing to Ark?
You did and I’m not even sure how that can be construed legal even in today’s wild Wild West of college athletics. Big Z had his eligibility held up over a supposedly slightly too high stipend by a few hundred dollars and players are getting 6 and 7 figure NIL deals to commit to a school. Makes zero sense.

If it’s not Kentucky, hopefully it’s Pitt. I can at least stomach that. I could care less about where the incoming freshmen go. Adou going to a rival would hurt.

If Adou goes to UNC I am going to going to vomit.

I know very few follow any of my posts but I have probably been higher on this kid than anyone on the board since the summer before his Freshman year. It will make me sick to see him leave UK but to go to a rival and specifically UNC will just be a disaster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT