ADVERTISEMENT

A possible destination for Cal after his 15th year here?

Preface: I do not believe this will happen…

Would be kinda interesting honestly.

Removing all bias and looking at it strictly from a Vanderbilt and Cal Family perspective it could make sense for everyone.

Vandy could get a sweetheart deal where they hire Cal for 2-5 years with no option to renew but instead with intent to hire Brad at the end of Cals tenure. Cal would take less money knowing it was setting up his family legacy for success and his final oohrah before retiring. The whole family stays together in Nashville; Vandy get a HOF coach for 1 “enlistment” and then a high risk/high reward young coach that has been groomed for the last 5 years to be the replacement.

The only downside of the scenario is on Brad’s behalf from a perception standpoint and “earned not given”

Last edited:
Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

He would be a great AD hire for them!
Vandy are you listening?
He would be a great AD, hire him now. PLEASE

Reactions: bigbluedon
I bet Cal ends up in Nashville at some point. He has the money to live and retire there easily. Good town. Not too big (compared to other metros)

And Cal could be an AD. Would probably be pretty decent at some of it.

I bet Cal ends up in Nashville at some point. He has the money to live and retire there easily. Good town. Not too big (compared to other metros)

What makes anyone think that Cal would be a good AD? What qualifications would he have for that at all outside of college basketball? And he's not good at managing that program where he's at now.

Reactions: bigbluedon

I think he would be a good Associate AD, specifically around connecting athletes with the community, etc. But the times of coaches sliding into AD positions is basically dead.

Reactions: bbncal02
I think he would be a good Associate AD, specifically around connecting athletes with the community, etc. But the times of coaches sliding into AD positions is basically dead.
That's what I meant to say. He would be very good at some of the role. He is charismatic (whether we like it or not) and he's good at finding players and working in the community.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT