ADVERTISEMENT

A Loss to Mississippi State Isn't the End...

KA4Prez

All-American
Dec 8, 2003
Columbus, OH
MSU is now 28th in the NET. If they beat UK, they likely end up being a QUAD 1 win (UK beat them at Rupp) the rest of the season.

Not saying it's fine to lose, as of course, I still think the Cats can share the conference title and definitely want the SEC-T bye, but there's a silver lining.

The LSU loss is the awful one.

A win at Mississippi State, assuming the Cats take care of business at home against Arkansas and Vanderbilt, puts the SEC Title likely on the line at Tennessee on March 9th.

Auburn plays at Tennessee this week
South Carolina plays at Texas A&M this week
Alabama plays at Ole Miss this week
Florida plays at South Carolina this weekend
Tennessee plays at Alabama this weekend
Alabama plays at Florida in 2 weeks
Tennessee plays at South Carolina in 2 weeks

Lots of tough games or games for teams against others ahead of UK remaining.

My original prediction was beat Bama and lose to Miss St; but I’m hoping the LSU loss lit a fire in everyone. Play like yesterday, and we’re a tough out for anyone, but we need to see some consistency from game to game.

I don’t think we got a shot at the league, but I get the feeling that last game at Tenn we can spoil them winning it.

Reactions: twindaddy2003+1
I think we have a very good shot to SHARE the SEC Title if we enter March 9th at 12-5 in the league.

Alabama is the one team who we need to lose TWICE, but they have three VERY difficult games left. Need them to lose twice.

We need to go ahead and push through. No it’s not the end of the world since referees in the SEC shamefully and clearly like to see the home team have success but we need to play good and finish the game off with a win for seeding in the NCAA.
Speaking of SEC refs, at LSU they had 25 FTAs to our 12.🤬We get that treatment again Tuesday, and it’s going to be hard to win.

We need to go ahead and push through. No it’s not the end of the world since referees in the SEC shamefully and clearly like to see the home team have success but we need to play good and finish the game off with a win for seeding in the NCAA.
Except at Rupp when Alabama shoots 27 FTs to our 26.

You can call the MSU game THE SEEDING game for this team. A win here, adding another locked in Q1 win(the MSU home win will stay close as an example Florida actually dropped to 31 taking away a Q1 loss) and very likely winning the next 2 games afterwards will set this team up in position to potentially get a 3 seed.

A loss to MSU and that will be gone. A 4-6 seed will be locked in.

I said after the Auburn win that the goal should be 3 more Q1 wins. We’ve gotten one and Tuesday provides a great chance at another. I’ll add to that. The goal should be playing up to a 3 seed. IMO just losing the UT game and getting to Sunday of the SECT will put the Cats right on the best 4, worst 3 line depending on others.

My original prediction was beat Bama and lose to Miss St; but I’m hoping the LSU loss lit a fire in everyone. Play like yesterday, and we’re a tough out for anyone, but we need to see some consistency from game to game.

I don’t think we got a shot at the league, but I get the feeling that last game at Tenn we can spoil them winning it.
Up until the LSU 2nd half debacle we had been playing better on the road than at home. I’m expecting a win. We beat them soundly and Tolu Smith went off for 26 and Trey Fort had 3 triples and 13 points and he averages 5 points.

Unless Smith and Hubbard go nuclear I feel good about this one.

MSU is now 28th in the NET. If they beat UK, they likely end up being a QUAD 1 win (UK beat them at Rupp) the rest of the season.

Not saying it's fine to lose, as of course, I still think the Cats can share the conference title and definitely want the SEC-T bye, but there's a silver lining.

We beat MSU again and we get a guaranteed Quad 1 win on Tuesday, with the possibility of Rupp win being upgraded and gaining 2 Quad 1 wins before year is up. We will win Tuesday, not sure the point of yet another if we lose type thread on here. We win Tuesday and pix of the Quad 1 road win and move to 6-5 in Quad 1 victories.

The inability to string W's together has been nothing short of embarrassing...I blame it on the couch (just like he said to) his bizarre lineups and even stranger substitution patterns, not to mention poor prep and unquestionable absence of effective in-game adjustments, particularly disturbing against rookie coaches.

Since conference play started, we've only been able to stitch back to back wins, no semblance of the continuity needed to advance in post season, 5th place conference mediocrity and a very sketchy compass headed into March.

I'd love to be wrong, but it sure looks like disappointment is just around the bend.

So what are you smoking? The Cats are tied for 5th place and have not demonstrated any consistency all year despite overwhelming talent.

Just win the next 3 and get top four if they had beaten lsu & florida they would pretty much have top 4 sealed up, but if they win the next 3 the chances are good of them getting top 4

We have to win out to UT.

The thing is I think if you beat UT you may finished ties for first. The bad part is if we lose that and finish 12 and 6 I think we don't even get a double bye.

We needed sc to lose 7 games. Idk if that happens after they beat ole miss on the road.

Actually the LSU loss isn’t awful, bad but not awful . They are a decent team, that may be in the NIT. The only bad SEC teams this year are Missouri, Vandy and Ark. And LSU was a road game, in a year where top 25 teams are only winning about 50% of road conference games vs non-ranked teams.

No more letdowns. If this team is a contender it’s time fire on all cylinders the rest of the way.
They are better than 3 of the next 4 and should win the next 3, if they do that then the Tennessee game becomes a “ let’s see what happens” game

Should have just beat Florida and LSU and we are having an entirely different conversation about the SEC and about NCAA seeding. That doesn't even count having the last shot vs A&M and just blowing a simple pass that allowed them to take a 2 point lead and us no longer having the final shot to win it (though we still did and Dilly 3 went in and out) This don't even count Gonzaga debacle or the UNCW game as far as NCAA seeding.

Damn it !

How would it work out to then getting second? The more I look at it, Kentucky seems destined for the 4 or 5 seed
Tennessee has Auburn, Alabama, Kentucky and South Carolina left to play.

Alabama has Ole Miss, Tennessee, Florida and Arky left.

South Carolina has A&M, Florida, Tennessee and Miss State.

Auburn has easiest road left

We win out and have only 5 losses there is definitely a path to the 2 spot. We lose and yes 4 or 5 seed likely. We hold our fate in our own hands IMO.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
We have 7 or 8 nba players msu zilch this threads says alot about the mindset of calipari supporters
No way there are 7/8 guys who will play any meaningful minutes in the NBA. And even if, they’re nowhere nearing showing that ability at this time.

That’s why the Cats have so many losses. You don’t win games on recruiting rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT