ADVERTISEMENT

A few notes...Slice and Barrett

Soooo, Barrett showed up at UK, told Cal he wants to be a PG. Cal told him no. He moved on. That's your story over here. Ya'll some funny motha****as.

Reactions: morgousky
Soooo, Barrett showed up at UK, told Cal he wants to be a PG. Cal told him no. He moved on. That's your story over here. Ya'll some funny motha****as.

Eat a bag of dicks. I hope duval and bagley come back to bite you in the ass.
Book at zona maybe got out bid and Duke won duval's services?!?!
One can only hope. Hope splinter, blubber boy and your puke program fall hard.
Happy Friday turd.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot

Nope. Reading is FUNdamental.

First, not sure about his "demands" and I strongly doubt Cal totally shut him down. But I was told he made RJ know where his future lies and Barrett was taken aback.

As far as RJ moving on, UK is still all over him. They haven't conceded him to anyone.

Not sure why Duke fans are getting their thongs in a wad. I wasn't told anything about Duke or if they're promising him a PG spot. Just relaying something interesting in regard to the RJ recruitment.

Cal should have told him how positionless we play our guys
This is what I don't understand. Cal was using Reddish as a primary ball handler at U19 he was hyping positionless and he could play some pg at UK it was our recruiting pitch. Why wouldn't he offer the same to Barrett? If Barrett wants to play any pg at all duke is out. Someone will point out to him to look at Dukes history. Sorry not buying this not in Cals positionless mind. I could buy Cal saying right now that is what you are but I can mold u into one

Fashionable is a good way to put it. Very trendy right now. It’s why guys like Deandre Ayton and Bol Bol want to stand out on the elbow waiting to shoot 3’s. It’s why Jonathan Isaac wanted to go somewhere he could play guard even though he’s 6’10”. It’s cool now for big guys to be able to say “hey, look at me! I’m tall but I have GUARD skills!”

It’s kind of a pet peeve of mine right now. And yeah, those 2 are probably a big reason why.

They used to say the same thing about one Anthony Davis too lol

I believe that your friend told you this, but he's either lying to you or not as connected as he thinks he is.

Just think of the likelihood that an, at best, thirdhand translation of a private conversation is accurate in the first place.

Then analyze it and realize it makes no logical sense.

Maybe Barrett told Cal he wants the ball in his hands or he likes initiating the offense or something. That doesn't equate him making some sort of request for a promise he'll play point guard.
Yep . That pg crap is just that . There's no way that is true. I do believe he might of said we would like to have the ball in his hands or whatnot though.

It is cute you coming around this board.
Soon enough we won't hear from you turds anymore when splinter crawls off to retire and capel runs the program into the ground.
And yes, go eat a bag of dicks.

Reactions: Showenuff
Cal should have told him how positionless we play our guys

I'm sure Cal did! Honest Coach K and honest coach Capel ( yes the one Oklahoma fired ) tried to sell him on how LaBron James played for K in the Olympics! LOL Seems like what coach Cal uses postionless basketball. On a very talented team where players can play many positions. It includes teamwork and the ability to share the ball! I think Barrett wants the ball more than others.....IMHO...:basketball:

I can see RJ wanting to "run" the offense like a point guard. He is a ball dominant player. Watch him beat the US. Or maybe stated he wants to be on point. Why is it hard to believe?
I can too, every time I watch him I think of Penny Hardaway.. A 6.7 point gaurd is not out of the question. He may see himself as the next great Penny Hardaway type of guard.

I also don't understand why Cal would be turned off by playing Barrett at the PG spot when he had Reddish play PG for team USA, and from what I've seen of both of them, Barrett is just as worthy, if not more worthy of being a primary ball handler.

A few notes I got from talking to a connected friend. I'm not an insider but I get info occasionally..............* RJ Barrett - said the visit went well but Barrett actually told coach he wanted to play PG in college. That took the staff by surprise and Cal flat out told him he wasn't a PG and that his future at this level and the next is at the wing. Barrett was a little taken aback that coach was straight with him and there were some weird vibes. However, UK is still in it and feel like they smoothed that out. Definitely have not conceded him to Duke.

I would have told RJ, "PG if fine, but remember, we put our point on the wing on occasion"
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT