ADVERTISEMENT

Larry Steele

Shoots good right handed for a lefty 😂 I was a kid when he played bit I thought he was left handed too
Good point anyone who shot from the corner like that should have been left handed.
I stand corrected on that one and would have lost a fortune if that had been the answer on Final Jeopardy.

Reactions: JC CATS
Under appreciated and under rated. Stanley as Coach Rupp sometimes referred to him was a player. Best player ever out of Hazel, Kentucky
Yes hazel Kentucky wow been a long time Wolfe co and hazel green academy missed them days remember Mc Napier and McDowell to name a few those small rural schools gone now

Left hander from the corner was a real weapon, nice size for a wing at that time. I remember Rupp usually had off handed praise for him in post game shows. Once after a win Rupp talked about Issel and another player then added as an after thought. There was also Steele "scratching around with 20 points" That comment always gave me a chuckle
Nope, he was right handed and was a really good shot as well as a GREAT defensive player.

Reactions: docholiday51
Stan key was a really good player that played with these teams too
Stan played at Calloway Co., I played against him when I was a senior and I think he was a freshman, possibly a sophomore, that's been about 60 years ago, memories fade.

Stan played at Calloway Co., I played against him when I was a senior and I think he was a freshman, possibly a sophomore, that's been about 60 years ago, memories fade.
Yeah like who was right handed or left handed 😁

Calloway Co hazel County seat I got that confused with hazel green in Wolfe Co the whole time I was thinking I don't remember anybody from hazel green playing for Kentucky Larry stamper from Lee Co only one from that area I can remember played for Kentucky

Yes hazel Kentucky wow been a long time Wolfe co and hazel green academy missed them days remember Mc Napier and McDowell to name a few those small rural schools gone now
By the time Stan got to high school kids in Hazel, Cherry, and Tobacco went to South Calloway County
HS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT