ADVERTISEMENT

Free Throw Disparity @ Auburn

Jun 28, 2007
This is why I am concerned. I have pTSD still from the 2020 game.

FTA disparity last three KY played at Auburn:
1/22/22- (29-10) Lost by 11
1/16/21- (21-16) Lost by 7 (Normal Disparity)
2/1/2020- (44-24) Lost by 11
That is 94-54 in free throw attempts the past 3 times we went to Auburn. 9.6 more per game.

if you don’t think playing on the road in that environment doesn’t make a difference in how the game is called then I don’t know what to tell you.

I can remember the 2021 game getting “evened up” towards the end when the game was already decided.
This team simply cannot overcome this if it happens again.

Not to mention how it affects the game when your best players are sitting for long Stretche.

Kentucky has been out shot at the FT line by 44 free throws coming in to today. The other teams have outscored UK by only 11. Definitely need to find a way to keep that sort of even for sure. I believe UK is 12-6 in those games. Thankfully those teams missed 33 of the 44 free throws.

Rebounding is going to be huge today. UK is +21 on the season. Auburn is +115. Cant give them more possessions to grab off rebounds or accumulate all of those foul shots

Reactions: Smashcat
"road environment" ... "road Game" ... a great excuse to cover for refs influencing the game to pull the points a few in their favor on whatever side of the spread for a gambling bet.. just my opinion of course.

This is why I am concerned. I have pTSD still from the 2020 game.

FTA disparity last three KY played at Auburn:
1/22/22- (29-10) Lost by 11
1/16/21- (21-16) Lost by 7 (Normal Disparity)
2/1/2020- (44-24) Lost by 11
That is 94-54 in free throw attempts the past 3 times we went to Auburn. 9.6 more per game.

if you don’t think playing on the road in that environment doesn’t make a difference in how the game is called then I don’t know what to tell you.

I can remember the 2021 game getting “evened up” towards the end when the game was already decided.
This team simply cannot overcome this if it happens again.

Not to mention how it affects the game when your best players are sitting for long Stretche.
Not wanting to make excuses before we play, but that's just a travesty that it continues to happen, over and over, at Auburn. Especially given we all know that Pearl's teams always play hack and grab.

I will never understand how we end up with more fouls than all of those hack/grab teams we regularly see in the SEC. It's not like those teams play slow-it-down Virginia ball - they are very aggressive, grabbing, hacking swatting, body bumping. They have literally perfected the "refs can't call them all" style of play.

Yet we don't even get a FTA disparity at Rupp.

Yes we did, I don't know what the last six or seven years shows but I bet Pearl has the upper hand.

But here's something that is confusing and that's these teams winning the league when we don't really don't go on and do well in the tourney. AU went to the final four that year but on average they don't do well.

Almost like Houston, as soon as they run into a crew of refs that call it close they end up losing

29-13
Bradshaw fouls out.
UGO, Thierro, Edwards foul trouble throughout.
UK outrebounded 48-30.
"Just not the type of game for BigZ, but I love him"

Reactions: AirRaid08
Yes, let's get started early that a 20+ point beat down iron the refs. I will say l don't think O plays but 18-20 minutes. CCC gets taken to the woodshed. BP set him up with gold standard bullSugarHoneyIceTea stuff.

Yep. I’m stunned. I would eat crow but I feel like my tweets and my bitching pregame must have been seen by the Sec. you are all welcome.

Reactions: downthehatch
I thought Auburn missed several open looks in the first half especially that let us maintain the lead and give our team confidence.

I also liked how Cal adjusted to their traps in the 2nd half. It wasn't all floppy action as Jay Biased was pointing out because it didn't work every time down the court. Sometimes we would get a player in isolation and just DD to the basket and get fouled. Everyone but Ugo was doing it. Pearl pointed that out in the presser.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT