ADVERTISEMENT

2015 OT-TE George Brown Heating Up On The Recruiting Trail

AndyPopCat

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2002
Bluegrass, USA
twitter.com
"I have offers from Kentucky, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Illinois, Vanderbilt, Louisville, Clemson, Indiana, Kansas State, Arizona State and Baylor."

Brown is one of the more interesting prospects in the country. At 6-6, 253-pounds, his ceiling is high, and schools like him at several positions. "Some schools are recruiting me at OT, some at DE and two at TE."

"I want to play both sides of the ball. I really only played OT and TE last year because we didn't throw the ball."

Link

...Brown Jr. is currently sitting on 16 offers.

"It's a great honor," he said. "I'm just focusing on getting stronger and getting my speed quicker."

The 2015 prospect possesses the versatility to play a number of positions on the next level.

"Some coaches think I can play tight end, some think I can play defensive end, but most of them are as offensive tackle," he said. "It doesn't matter to me. I'll play both sides of the ball, it doesn't matter to me.

"My dad has his own indoor training facility in Cincinnati, Ohio. I work out with him a lot and at school, Colerain High School, we work out and lift a lot. I think that helps me a lot."...

Link

Florida Football Recruiting: Michigan State hosts George Brown Jr.JOE SORIANO 16 hours ago

2015 athlete George Brown Jr. is one of the most heavily recruited sophomores in the country, and he will take an unofficial visit yesterday to check out the Michigan State Spartans program. Brown will have taken two visits in April after checking out the Kentucky Wildcats last week, and it has certainly been a busy month for one of the elite 2015 recruits in the state of Ohio. He has received nine offers this month, with the two headliners coming from the Florida Gators and West Virginia Mountaineers. Those are two teams to watch for closely in Brown's recruitment.
He has also received offers from the Arizona State Sun Devils, Syracuse Orange, Baylor Bears, North Carolina Tar Heels, Boston College Eagles, Clemson Tigers, Kansas State Wildcats, in-city Cincinnati Bearcats, Louisville Cardinals, Indiana Hoosiers, Illinois Fighting Illini, Kentucky Wildcats, and Vanderbilt Commodores. Michigan State has not offered yet, but they are one of several major programs with interest in Brown...

Link

Cincinnati consistently produces top Division 1 players -- specifically the Greater Catholic League -- and the cream of the crop in 2015 might be Colerain OT/DE George Brown Jr..

Brown Jr. made his way to East Lansing for the spring game for the spring game Saturday and left with an offer.

"The visit was great. I must say hanging out with the coaches and getting to know them was the highlight," Brown Jr. said. "I already knew Coach (Harlon) Barnett pretty well because not only has he been to my school twice already and is coming on Monday, but he played high school football with my dad at Princeton (High School)."

Coach Mark Dantonio also has a good rapport with the Brown family.

"Coach Dantonio recruited my older brother, Aaron Brown, that went to Virginia Tech," Brown Jr. said, "but my dad has known him for a while, too. So, I would say that I have a good relationship with the coaches."

The 6-foot-6, 253-pound recruit projects on either side of the line in college, something MSU told him was the case for him at MSU.

This visit was Brown Jr.'s second to East Lansing, the first came for the Notre Dame game in the fall.

"I would say (the Spartans) are pretty high on my list and I will return for camp (this summer)," Brown Jr. said.

Brown Jr. now has 21 offers, with Missouri and UCLA also offering him Saturday.

Link

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT