ADVERTISEMENT

2 UL football players reportedly shot

My daughter attends that cesspool. She's wanting to learn to shoot and potentially get a concealed carry license because of a recent armed robbery near her dorm. There was no media coverage other than a side story on one news website. Even though the victim provided police with a license plate and a vehicle description, police are "having trouble connecting the two suspects with the truck used in the robbery". It really makes you wonder if the perpetrators were associated with UL in some way and the whole thing is being covered up. I'm not into conspiracy theories but something stinks down there.

My daughter attends that cesspool. She's wanting to learn to shoot and potentially get a concealed carry license because of a recent armed robbery near her dorm. There was no media coverage other than a side story on one news website. Even though the victim provided police with a license plate and a vehicle description, police are "having trouble connecting the two suspects with the truck used in the robbery". It really makes you wonder if the perpetrators were associated with UL in some way and the whole thing is being covered up. I'm not into conspiracy theories but something stinks down there.
So I guess the assault in the UK dorm yesterday was some sort of conspiracy involving UK authorities? My daughter goes to UK, but I don't go around calling it a "cesspool". Buddy, you cut checks to UL-you are just peeing in your own cornflakes.

So I guess the assault in the UK dorm yesterday was some sort of conspiracy involving UK authorities? My daughter goes to UK, but I don't go around calling it a "cesspool". Buddy, you cut checks to UL-you are just peeing in your own cornflakes.

There isn't any reason to call UK a cesspool. We haven't done all the things UL has done in the past few years. UL is an absolute definition of "cesspool" or moreso "the city wasted treament plant" except UL isn't getting in any treatment, just covering things up.

I don't live in Lexington so I can't say for sure, but I would bet that the assault made the evening news. The robbery at UL did not. Coupled with the investigation into the shooting of 2 football players that seems to be going absolutely nowhere, it does make one pause.

Frankly, I couldn't care less if you called UK a cesspool or not. I use the term for UL because of the numerous scandals. You can thank the UL administration for that. Suck it up buttercup.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...candals-under-james-ramsey-timeline/86035838/

There isn't any reason to call UK a cesspool. We haven't done all the things UL has done in the past few years. UL is an absolute definition of "cesspool" or moreso "the city wasted treament plant" except UL isn't getting in any treatment, just covering things up.
SMACK!!!

Reactions: BengalWACO
WAVE 3 in Louisville just ran a brief story on that crime tonight and stated.."We are having a hard time getting information and answers from UofL". Two UofL football players and a UofL cheerleader shot at a gated apartment complex but nobody knows anything. The news showed the written description of the offender that they only obtained via an open records request. I live in the area and it was the first time I had heard it was a black male with dreads above the ears. Any football players match that description???
UoL is absolutely the cesspool of cesspools.

Reactions: Pewee Cat
They say "cheerleader," but they also said she might not be a UL student. How can UL compete for NCA championships with cheerleaders who are not enrolled students?

Fwiw I just talked to a captain of lmpd (8ish days ago) I asked him about this situation and he said he hadn't heard about it. I thought he meant about new info but upon further inquiry... he didn't know that 2 ul football players had been shot on campus....

dude is a good cop and I've heard glowing reviews from beat cops and detectives that know him. I'm suggesting that no effort was made by people investigating this to ask for help from other police stations... his is not in the ul area.

I have several family members retired from lmpd and a couple still on the force.

Is it possible that one or both of the 2 UL players, or even one not shot, were celebrating Jackson's win by shooting off guns and 3 people got hit. And UL being UL decided this was something that would just be handled internally.

Is it possible that one or both of the 2 UL players, or even one not shot, were celebrating Jackson's win by shooting off guns and 3 people got hit. And UL being UL decided this was something that would just be handled internally.

That would be ridiculous.

Be a good investigation for 20/20. Dateline or 48 hours might consider, but they mostly do murder cases. Being a mystery and possible cover up by a major University should be a good story. Especially where two football players were shot and no one wants to talk about it.

Fwiw I just talked to a captain of lmpd (8ish days ago) I asked him about this situation and he said he hadn't heard about it. I thought he meant about new info but upon further inquiry... he didn't know that 2 ul football players had been shot on campus....

dude is a good cop and I've heard glowing reviews from beat cops and detectives that know him. I'm suggesting that no effort was made by people investigating this to ask for help from other police stations... his is not in the ul area.

I have several family members retired from lmpd and a couple still on the force.
This goes along with what I've been hearing(or not hearing) from a friend who works in the Jefferson Co Justice Center.UL coaches/administration have put up a wall between players and police,which is a regular occurrence, but taken to another level in this case

Reactions: sefus12
This goes along with what I've been hearing(or not hearing) from a friend who works in the Jefferson Co Justice Center.UL coaches/administration have put up a wall between players and police,which is a regular occurrence, but taken to another level in this case

Again, I have no knowledge outside of what has been released (so very little), but everything about this SEEMS to point to UL players/someone close to the team being involved and the athletic dept/university running interference to try and protect said person(s). Really sad and a touch troublesome if that is in fact the case. If anything further comes out, look for it to hit about 6 PM on the first Friday of the NCAA tourney.

Again, I have no knowledge outside of what has been released (so very little), but everything about this SEEMS to point to UL players/someone close to the team being involved and the athletic dept/university running interference to try and protect said person(s). Really sad and a touch troublesome if that is in fact the case. If anything further comes out, look for it to hit about 6 PM on the first Friday of the NCAA tourney.
Every news person in the Lou area should be ashamed...And Yes I'm talking about you JB and SB ...you guys are suppose to be investigative reporters!

Reactions: Pewee Cat
Slugger---- remember it's right before signing day. They will get back on the story in mid Feb.

"I think (school officials) try to keep under wraps a lot, especially when it comes to sports and athletes because they do represent the campus and university," UofL student David Mucker said.

You bet your ass they do, David.
OK...you have three people involved with Otis athletics and nobody knows the shooters name and they "think" they can identify him. Yea right! Smells worse than a skunk.

"I think (school officials) try to keep under wraps a lot, especially when it comes to sports and athletes because they do represent the campus and university," UofL student David Mucker said.

You bet your ass they do, David.
And the shooting was off campus I believe. So it's a metro pd issue and ul should have .00004% input into this

Reactions: JDHoss and Ugoff
This is literally a test of how "compliant" the local media are. UL hopes they take every "official" word they release as gospel. Hopefully there's a rogue journalist in the mix that can smell the proverbial massive pile of shit and presses UL on the issue. Likely nothing will come from all of this though.

Wait just a minute . . . . the description of the shooter had to be obtained via the Freedom of Information Act (Actually, more than likely the state's "Sunshine Law")?

That's an oddity . . . . and a potentially dangerous situation for the whole community. Normally, unsolved mass shootings have incredible coverage, and the description of the shooter is plastered everywhere.

This sounds like Special Grand Jury time, state or federal.

We should all probably give this one up. I honestly don't think we'll hear about this again. If this were a non-UL entity that shot the players, he's likely already arrested and in jail. The fact that there's no witnesses or descriptions of a shooter(s) points 100% to someone or multiple people connected to UL or the football team being involved.

I have no knowledge of what happened but a lot of times 1+1 does in fact equal 2. Common sense, a little logic, Occam's Razor.... whatever you want to call it.

I disagree, we shouldn't just give this up-------that has happened multiple times before, which is why we keep seeing it reoccur.

literally dozens of things just forgotten about over the years, from hiring and keeping scoundrels because they can coach (and have millions) to all the criminals and coverups, way past time jurich's renegade program quits giving the whole state a bad name.

That's because people would laugh if you called UK a cesspool.

Nobody laughs when you call jurich's city college a cesspool, it's way too serious a situation.

Be a good investigation for 20/20. Dateline or 48 hours might consider, but they mostly do murder cases. Being a mystery and possible cover up by a major University should be a good story. Especially where two football players were shot and no one wants to talk about it.

Stand by, a murder case is probably coming up.

JMO but this coverup and others is a big recruiting tool for Transfer U with a lot of their second (third, fourth------) chance athletes that they recruit.

A lot that could be investigated at UL. The thought of football recruits considering going to UL over FL, LSU, Ole Miss, etc seems pretty wild to me. Probably the college closest to a Mafia entity and young teenagers are drawn to it over top programs across the land. Why?

For the Card fan(s) posting that similar violence has occurred in Lexington, our chief complaint is not with the occurrence of violence . . . . that can obviously occur anywhere, and on any campus.

The problem we have is with an apparent cover-up of information that could be pertinent in solving a crime, the solution of which might actually save the lives of fellow Kentuckians.

Reactions: jauk11
For the Card fan(s) posting that similar violence has occurred in Lexington, our chief complaint is not with the occurrence of violence . . . . that can obviously occur anywhere, and on any campus.

The problem we have is with an apparent cover-up of information that could be pertinent in solving a crime, the solution of which might actually save the lives of fellow Kentuckians.

Very good.

But if you examine the title of this thread closely you will notice it says "reportedly".

Jurich is preparing his own press release as we speak showing it was all a hoax started by some disgruntled UK fan.

A lot that could be investigated at UL. The thought of football recruits considering going to UL over FL, LSU, Ole Miss, etc seems pretty wild to me. Probably the college closest to a Mafia entity and young teenagers are drawn to it over top programs across the land. Why?

As I stated elsewhere the FACT that a lot of things will be covered up by jutich's crew is probably one of Transfer U's biggest recruiting tools, considering some of the transfers and other players they attract.

Reactions: sluggercatfan

First off, UofL doesn't get a lot of players over Florida or LSU. I'd say we hold our own against Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Mississippi State, though. And the reason we do so is pretty simple - UofL knows its recruiting area, UofL consistently wins football games (regardless of the league it is in), and UofL succeeds in putting players into the NFL.

Since Schnellenberger became our head coach in 1985, we have targeted the deep south, primarily Florida, Georgia and Alabama, and for the last 30 years (that's 12 years longer than 99% of high school graduates have been alive, BTW), UofL has an overall winning percentage of 61.6% in college football. Also, using the database at CBSsports.com, UofL has 27 players on active or practice squad NFL rosters. By comparison, UK has 14, Mississippi has 23 and Mississippi State has 20.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/playersearch?SCHOOL=Louisville

Reactions: CardChipper
First off, UofL doesn't get a lot of players over Florida or LSU. I'd say we hold our own against Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Mississippi State, though. And the reason we do so is pretty simple - UofL knows its recruiting area, UofL consistently wins football games (regardless of the league it is in), and UofL succeeds in putting players into the NFL.

Since Schnellenberger became our head coach in 1985, we have targeted the deep south, primarily Florida, Georgia and Alabama, and for the last 30 years (that's 12 years longer than 99% of high school graduates have been alive, BTW), UofL has an overall winning percentage of 61.6% in college football. Also, using the database at CBSsports.com, UofL has 27 players on active or practice squad NFL rosters. By comparison, UK has 14, Mississippi has 23 and Mississippi State has 20.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/playersearch?SCHOOL=Louisville

No, that isn/t first of all on this thread, first of all is jurich and company outdoing themselves once again, unbelievable that the whole city but especially the POLICE DEPARTMENT is involved in yet ANOTHER unbelievable coverup by TRANSFER U, not even being mentioned by anyone but a few posters on here. What ever happened to the stories about jurich hiring and REHIRING the two adulterers and coaches that pay for abortions (to save themselves millions, that they don't need), whatever happened to the story about the girl that overdosed, the Uzi guy, the NC MVP, the criminal from TCU, the RB kicked off the scholarship he had for almost a year to bring in the criminal that can play and make you proud, Willie, the convicted HABITUAL CRIMINAL that jurich personally vouched for, taking in all the players kicked out ot other legitimate UNIVERSITIES OF HIGHER LEARNING, etc etc, this just off the top of my head. Too bad you weren't able to hold on to your commit that molested his TWELVE YEAR OLD cousin, I heard he was quite a banger..

I can telll you what is happening with the Uzi guy, the naive vicrim of BP's millions of dollars for the best lawyers, and Willie (is jurich still sending him lobster tails in prison, pretty sure that was a lifetime promise, lol), they are all soaking up the taxpayers dollars in prison, similar to the YUM deal. The sad thing is that with jurich's clout there is no telling how many other stories have never seen the light of day, this latest NON STORY just the latest proof of that...

It would be more appropriate to go to your own board to brag about how some of your transfers and recruits that can't go anywhere else are great ball players.

But thanks for helping to keep the thread alive, and do you think the Minardi Hall DISGRACE will ever get past jurich?

Not to belabor this thread, but what "cover up" is there? CBS, ABC, FoxNews, Deadspin, all ran this story. Even the Washington Post. The bowl game telecast listed the 2 players as "injured in shooting". Could it be that the LMPD doesn't have a suspect, like it doesn't for 53 open homicides in 2016 alone? I understand we want to flame each other, but ripping another school over off campus shooting victims? How far can you take this stuff?

Not to belabor this thread, but what "cover up" is there? CBS, ABC, FoxNews, Deadspin, all ran this story. Even the Washington Post. The bowl game telecast listed the 2 players as "injured in shooting". Could it be that the LMPD doesn't have a suspect, like it doesn't for 53 open homicides in 2016 alone? I understand we want to flame each other, but ripping another school over off campus shooting victims? How far can you take this stuff?

We have all heard the rumor that at least one of the guns fired belonged to one of the UL players. Why isn't that player gone from the team? What the hell was he doing with a gun at a party. I thought that was one of Thug U's core values (no guns).

Absent UL's history, that might be a fair point. Do you remember the cheerleader that OD'd at Cardinaltown? It was months before anyone knew the details and that a UL player was involved. It's pretty clear to everyone not wearing rose tinted glasses that the UL admin keeps a tight lid on criminal activity involving players.

Now we are expected to believe that three people were shot at a UL party with gated access and no one has a clue who the perp is?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT