ADVERTISEMENT

2 UL football players reportedly shot

No, that isn/t first of all on this thread, first of all is jurich and company outdoing themselves once again, unbelievable that the whole city but especially the POLICE DEPARTMENT is involved in yet ANOTHER unbelievable coverup by TRANSFER U, not even being mentioned by anyone but a few posters on here. What ever happened to the stories about jurich hiring and REHIRING the two adulterers and coaches that pay for abortions (to save themselves millions, that they don't need), whatever happened to the story about the girl that overdosed, the Uzi guy, the NC MVP, the criminal from TCU, the RB kicked off the scholarship he had for almost a year to bring in the criminal that can play and make you proud, Willie, the convicted HABITUAL CRIMINAL that jurich personally vouched for, taking in all the players kicked out ot other legitimate UNIVERSITIES OF HIGHER LEARNING, etc etc, this just off the top of my head. Too bad you weren't able to hold on to your commit that molested his TWELVE YEAR OLD cousin, I heard he was quite a banger..

I can telll you what is happening with the Uzi guy, the naive vicrim of BP's millions of dollars for the best lawyers, and Willie (is jurich still sending him lobster tails in prison, pretty sure that was a lifetime promise, lol), they are all soaking up the taxpayers dollars in prison, similar to the YUM deal. The sad thing is that with jurich's clout there is no telling how many other stories have never seen the light of day, this latest NON STORY just the latest proof of that...

It would be more appropriate to go to your own board to brag about how some of your transfers and recruits that can't go anywhere else are great ball players.

But thanks for helping to keep the thread alive, and do you think the Minardi Hall DISGRACE will ever get past jurich?

UofL is certainly living rent free in your head, jauk11!

So by my count, that's UofL 27 (players on current NFL rosters) to jauk11 9 ("off of the top of your head" bad eggs). I'm quite thrilled with a program that succeeds in helping three times as many young men to live out their dreams of being a pro football player as there are "off of the top of your head" bad eggs over the course of the last fifteen years.

The good news is that if you keep at it, you will eventually be able to "off the top of your head" list more bad eggs at UofL (over the course of say the last 45 years) than I will be able to list current NFL players from UofL.

Reactions: midniter
We have all heard the rumor that at least one of the guns fired belonged to one of the UL players. Why isn't that player gone from the team? What the hell was he doing with a gun at a party. I thought that was one of Thug U's core values (no guns).

Assuming the rumor is true, and further assuming that the player who fired the gun did so without provocation, then your insistence that the player be gone from the team would be a valid point.

But if the player fired his gun in self-defense in order to deter attackers who had just shot three people (including the player in question), then that is a very different situation.

I completely agree that there is a whole lot we do not know at this point. I assume that we will eventually know more, but one thing is certain - we will never know as much as the police who are investigating the case. And that's as it should be.

Assuming the rumor is true, and further assuming that the player who fired the gun did so without provocation, then your insistence that the player be gone from the team would be a valid point.

But if the player fired his gun in self-defense in order to deter attackers who had just shot three people (including the player in question), then that is a very different situation.

I completely agree that there is a whole lot we do not know at this point. I assume that we will eventually know more, but one thing is certain - we will never know as much as the police who are investigating the case. And that's as it should be.
Come on you know as well as the rest of us know that NOTHING will ever be heard from this case again...yes you have your pro players at this moment in time, but it doesn't take away that TJ , your coaches and money programs are crooked as hell!

If a player fired his gun? Why is he carrying a gun?

Exactly, why would one or both of the UL players be packing at a college party? (assuming that the rumor is true)
You are going to get some very interesting responses to this question. For starters, I am pretty sure that somewhere (off campus housing at U of Alaska-Fairbanks?) someone has encountered a grizzly bear at a college party... so there's that.

You are going to get some very interesting responses to this question. For starters, I am pretty sure that somewhere (off campus housing at U of Alaska-Fairbanks?) someone has encountered a grizzly bear at a college party... so there's that.
Everyone at Oral Roberts University is "heeled" 100 % of the time

Sounds like you might be right and Charlie was wrong, your players should be packing when they go out in Louisville. Sounds like they should get some training on how to handle their weapons though. Funny thing though, I have never carried a gun in my life (outside of the military) and have never had the need for one.

UofL is certainly living rent free in your head, jauk11!

So by my count, that's UofL 27 (players on current NFL rosters) to jauk11 9 ("off of the top of your head" bad eggs). I'm quite thrilled with a program that succeeds in helping three times as many young men to live out their dreams of being a pro football player as there are "off of the top of your head" bad eggs over the course of the last fifteen years.

The good news is that if you keep at it, you will eventually be able to "off the top of your head" list more bad eggs at UofL (over the course of say the last 45 years) than I will be able to list current NFL players from UofL.

It isn't rent free, and certainly their antics aren't rent free with me, I'm sure there are some people that notice all the atrocious things I keep reminding them about. And the nine was in about two minutes of thinking about it, with no research, and it was far from over the last 15 years, 15 years ago Transfer U was completely irrelevant in the sports world, especially in football. Hell, I was actually rooting for UL back then except for the rare occasions when they played UK. I was actually quite happy to see two schools from Kentucky in the final four back when that happened, before the stink kept piling up under jurich.

There is a good chance you have already tripled your 27 players number if all the coverups were exposed, like I said that was off the top of my head and on the spur of the moment. It really isn't very hard to find a long list of things wrong with the way jurich runs his program, and I haven't and won't research it, I waste enough time refreshing memories the way it is. I just hate to see these things get blown over and forgotten in no time, like the things that also happen at Thug U, which I also remind everyone of when one of their trolls come over here to brag..

And I do believe your ADs known propensity and ability to execute his coverups is one of your best recruiting tools with some of the athletes you attract, Transfer U is an earned title with your sports, now even Slick Rick is doing it.

As far as how many millionaires your program has created that is probably just another bad thing, way too many millions wasted on extravagant mansions and stupid cars to show off, but if you want to compare I think something has been said about Cal's program creating $2,000,000,000 (that's two BILLION) in earnings for his former players, and how many bad things can you find to talk about that program-----so far, cross my fingers, they are all young and mostly spoiled athletes at that level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ugoff
Absent UL's history, that might be a fair point. Do you remember the cheerleader that OD'd at Cardinaltown? It was months before anyone knew the details and that a UL player was involved. It's pretty clear to everyone not wearing rose tinted glasses that the UL admin keeps a tight lid on criminal activity involving players.

Now we are expected to believe that three people were shot at a UL party with gated access and no one has a clue who the perp is?

You have to believe that a lot of people have a clue.

You also have to believe that none of them are talking, that is the strange part. Surely some reporter should have at least talked to some of the people there, are the football players the only ones that were there? Is everyone in Louisville too scared to talk?

If the only ones there were the football players it sure narrows down the list of suspects, lol.

Reactions: Ugoff
I saw on the news where homicides increased over 40% in Louisville between 2015 and 2016. It was one of about 8 cities highlighted as having a real problem.

I saw on the news where homicides increased over 40% in Louisville between 2015 and 2016. It was one of about 8 cities highlighted as having a real problem.
Saw that also...pretty sad...most folks in those neighbourhoods know who the culprits are and the reasons for the shootings , but are too scared to tell.

First off, UofL doesn't get a lot of players over Florida or LSU. I'd say we hold our own against Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Mississippi State, though. And the reason we do so is pretty simple - UofL knows its recruiting area, UofL consistently wins football games (regardless of the league it is in), and UofL succeeds in putting players into the NFL.

Since Schnellenberger became our head coach in 1985, we have targeted the deep south, primarily Florida, Georgia and Alabama, and for the last 30 years (that's 12 years longer than 99% of high school graduates have been alive, BTW), UofL has an overall winning percentage of 61.6% in college football. Also, using the database at CBSsports.com, UofL has 27 players on active or practice squad NFL rosters. By comparison, UK has 14, Mississippi has 23 and Mississippi State has 20.

You seem to be really good with numbers-now quickly tell us how many former players(or current) do you have in jail?

I remember when Myron Anthony "borrowed" Wayne Turner's car and hit another parked car and drove away, letting Turner twist in the wind for several days before fessing up. It was all over the news and the cops were on it. Two UaVel football players and a cheerleader shot at a party, and there's nothing but silence....

I spoke with a fomer LMPD detective and asked why everything seemed to be hush hush. I asked why they aren't putting out descriptions of the perp or asking for the publics help and he just looked at me and rolled his eyes.

I remember when Myron Anthony "borrowed" Wayne Turner's car and hit another parked car and drove away, letting Turner twist in the wind for several days before fessing up. It was all over the news and the cops were on it. Two UaVel football players and a cheerleader shot at a party, and there's nothing but silence....

I think we should put "cheerleader" in quotations. Has she ever been identified?

A few of us.

Most are just letting it die out, like DOZENS of other "incidents" at Transfer U.
Not happening here...if this were UK there would be an uproar if this bs was going on and it was this quiet...we all need to keep it front and center.

Reactions: jauk11
Not happening here...if this were UK there would be an uproar if this bs was going on and it was this quiet...we all need to keep it front and center.

It's a matter of demanding justice for Hearns, Famurewa and the unnamed cheerleader! We need to keep this going until they get it! [laughing]

You're right JD. In fact we owe it to Hearns since he originally committed to UK. Changed his mind and goes to UL and someone shoots him

Reactions: JDHoss
2nd amendment?
Agreed and if it was self defense... end of story from ul side. But we still don't know if the people were shot from someone on the team by accident or by the anonymous party crasher. We still don't know who the cheerleader was which is leading me to believe she is under 18 and was a hs cheerleader.

Outlaw guns, and the only people with guns will be U of L student athletes and the ones they party with.

Reactions: JDHoss
Push-up man if you read today's CJ article BP is quoted saying UL has a no gun policy.

Yes, but does that only apply to the pansy basketball players, not the rough tough football players? Besides, the basketball players are lovers, not fighters, haven't you heard about Minardi Hall--------AND BP's escapades..

58 days and counting, and still no justice for Hearns, Famurewa and the unnamed cheerleader! We need to keep this going until justice is served! [laughing]

58 days and counting, and still no justice for Hearns, Famurewa and the unnamed cheerleader! We need to keep this going until justice is served! [laughing]

I bet jurich is hoping "justice" doesn't send a couple of his football players to jail, just about anything is possible in this coverup.

Fortunately for their program it will probably go the way of all the other "incidents" at Transfer U.

ADVERTISEMENT