ADVERTISEMENT

2 of next 3 games are streaming only.

I have been screwing with the ESPN app on my Firestick all day. Takes forever to start and most of the games get error trying to play. Got a little of the ladycat game and finally the end off the morehead at miss state game. PISSED!

I have been screwing with the ESPN app on my Firestick all day. Takes forever to start and most of the games get error trying to play. Got a little of the ladycat game and finally the end off the morehead at miss state game. PISSED!
My guess on getting the error message was that you were trying to get games that were on ESPN PLUS. That won't be a problem for these 2 games.

My guess on getting the error message was that you were trying to get games that were on ESPN PLUS. That won't be a problem for these 2 games.
Nope, I have ESPN+. Got it for the football game and it worked fine back then. And aren’t these next games on ESPN+ ?

Nope, I have ESPN+. Got it for the football game and it worked fine back then. And aren’t these next games on ESPN+ ?
No, they are on SEC Network Plus. I have a post on the first page explaining the difference. You didn't need it for the football game.

Ok, I’m confused. I have the SEC network but where do I find sec plus?
If you look at the top row of what's on live right now, it lists the teams and what sport it is. Under that, it lists the "channel" that it's on. You won't see SEC Network Plus right now because it doesn't have anything showing. Most of what's on now is on ESPN PLUS and is the non-revenue college sports and NHL. You pay extra for that
I did see 2 games were on ACCNX. That is the ACC version of SEC Network Plus. That is free with your cable/satellite provider login.

If you look at the top row of what's on live right now, it lists the teams and what sport it is. Under that, it lists the "channel" that it's on. You won't see SEC Network Plus right now because it doesn't have anything showing. Most of what's on now is on ESPN PLUS and is the non-revenue college sports and NHL. You pay extra for that
I did see 2 games were on ACCNX. That is the ACC version of SEC Network Plus. That is free with your cable/satellite provider login.
Thanks, I see it. It’s still under the ESPN app and it runs like crap on my firestick. Works great on my iPad and iphone though.

Reactions: Glenn's take
I remember when they were mostly on NBC and just the radio for some. Then they started moving to ESPN to make you buy cable. Then ESPN 2 to make you by the extra channel. Then fox sports south to make you buy another channel. Now it's on to making you keep all those other channels and buy streaming hardware and maybe another package. It will never be enough, soon you'll have to watch a game on the side of a pregnancy testing stick. Can't wait for the game you can't watch without buying feminine hygiene products. Oh, and get off my lawn!
the only way to stop it is to not watch streaming games
if people continue to pay eztra they will keep finding more ways for you to pay even more
just the reality of it

Reactions: precipitance
I was confused on the difference of espn plus and sec network plus until one of the posters settled it, I think. Even though both are called plus, if you get the sec network already, you can go to ESPN app and login with your cable provider and get it just like that, is that right? Why in the sam hell do they have to name both of them with plus, but ACC uses Xtra, if they aren’t the same damn thing.

If I had a time machine I’d go back to that conference call where that was decided and absolutely rip whatever peon came up with that. Matter of fact, I wouldn’t just call into it, I’d just take my camper up there to the offices and tell them they just signed up for an ass whooping plus

Reactions: tapemaster8
I was confused on the difference of espn plus and sec network plus until one of the posters settled it, I think. Even though both are called plus, if you get the sec network already, you can go to ESPN app and login with your cable provider and get it just like that, is that right? Why in the sam hell do they have to name both of them with plus, but ACC uses Xtra, if they aren’t the same damn thing.

If I had a time machine I’d go back to that conference call where that was decided and absolutely rip whatever peon came up with that. Matter of fact, I wouldn’t just call into it, I’d just take my camper up there to the offices and tell them they just signed up for an ass whooping plus
Correct. Your cable login will get you SEC Network Plus and ACCNX. Why they don't have the same naming convention for the streaming only part of ACC Network and SEC Network is beyond me but they did it.

You don't have to have ESPN Plus. I thought that too with the football game but it was wrong. Your cable/satellite information is all you need.

I do love ESPN PLUS though. Pretty much every NHL game is on this year.
From what I've seen, you have to have ESPN Plus to see it. I hope I'm wrong, but I was thinking about subscribing for the next month so I could watch the game. I have been in the ESPN app and logged in and don't see any mention of being about to watch it without Plus.

Go to search for streaming channels
Download the ESPN app
The top right corner will have the little wheel for settings
Go to log on with your cable/satellite credentials
Go back to the app at game time and the top line will be what is showing live
Click on the game

One thing to remember is that it won't show up on the row until game time. If you're 5 minutes early don't panic because you don't see it.
I’ve got Dish and a Firestick. I signed into the ESPN app on Firestick with my Dish information and it still indicates you have to sign up for ESPN+ to watch the game.

I am 72 years old and have read this thread through 3 times and an still not sure if I can get this game on the SEC Network 611-1 Channel on my Direct TV package. Seems like I would have to stream it to get it. Anyone know for sure what's up with that?

Every time a see a post like that, I am going to add this.

Apollo TV Group. It's a IPTV. $50 for three months of any movie, TV show, Channel ever made. Beats any Cable or Satelite service.
Can you get local channels?

It's not illegal for you. You are paying for the service. Sorry if I don't care sticking it to Classic TV providers since they have been screwing us over for years and years. They're not hurting for money.
You can pay for cocaine or a prostitute, that doesn’t make it a legal transaction.

If you’re paying for an illegal product, it’s still illegal.

I am 72 years old and have read this thread through 3 times and an still not sure if I can get this game on the SEC Network 611-1 Channel on my Direct TV package. Seems like I would have to stream it to get it. Anyone know for sure what's up with that?
It will not be on cable or satellite TV

If you click on the game it will probably give you 2 options since it is on SEC Network Plus and ESPN Plus. If you click on ESPN Plus it will say you have to pay. If you click on SEC Network Plus it won't. If it does to the settings and make sure you are logged in with your cable provider.

You will not be able to watch it on TV. Without some kind of streaming device your computer will be your only option. If you go to the ESPN website and can figure out how to login with your cable/satellite info you can watch it there.

Reactions: KFuqua
I only see one game that is stream only. The one tonight the others look to be on TV no?

If you have a cable subscription, just download espn app on ur streaming device. Here is the important part: you have to pay extra for espn + but not sen network+. Just scroll down to “channels “ on espn app. It’s a ways down scrolling. Click on sec network + and it will be on there. There’s a Missouri press conference that’s live on there now

So, you have to have a ESPN+ account, correct? Is it one of those deals where you can cancel at any time? 6.99 is acceptable for 2 games, but don't want it beyond that.

So, you have to have a ESPN+ account, correct? Is it one of those deals where you can cancel at any time? 6.99 is acceptable for 2 games, but don't want it beyond that.
Nope, don't need to pay anything else if you have your login information for your cable or satellite package.

Me trying to find the game on TV in a little bit:

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT