ADVERTISEMENT

2 of next 3 games are streaming only.

I got Sling with the sports package, thanks for the heads up, hopefully I have whatever it's on, i'll look into it.

Just an FYI but you might want to make sure you are ready. Watch on your computer or better yet, buy a Roku. It will be on the ESPN app. It's free with your cable/satellite subscription. Make sure you have your login and password.

I know people are going to be mad so don't shoot the messenger.
Not mad, but it is annoying. Especially when there’s SEC Network, SEC Network 2, and two alternates. Just, what’s the point of those if they are never going to use them?

Sling has ESPN 3. I'm watching football that isn't on the ESPN channels right now. With the sports package you get all the ESPN games even the streaming ones.
Check to see if you can find the Georgia-Charleston Southern game on now. I don't think you will find it there. It's being shown on SEC Network Plus which is how those games will be shown. I am almost positive that the ESPN app will be the only way to watch.

OK for us older people who know nothing about streaming is there a link for PC ?
I am going to assume you don't have a Roku or Firestick so your computer will be your only way to watch. Just go to the ESPN website and there will be a place for you to login with your cable/satellite login and password. Then just click on the game and there will be a place to click that says watch.

I’m going to watch on ESPN+.

One of the football games was like this as well.

I think every SEC team has to have one football game on the streaming service and two basketball games per their network agreement. I think I read that somewhere.

I’m going to watch on ESPN+.

One of the football games was like this as well.

I think every SEC team has to have one football game on the streaming service and two basketball games per their network agreement. I think I read that somewhere.
Yes. Back when the football game was streaming only they talked about it being in the contract.

It's not just the ESPN app...you have to have ESPN +. Fortunately, I follow mma heavily and its a requirement for ppv purchases.

Reactions: KFuqua
It's not just the ESPN app...you have to have ESPN +. Fortunately, I follow mma heavily and its a requirement for ppv purchases.
You don't have to have ESPN Plus. I thought that too with the football game but it was wrong. Your cable/satellite information is all you need.

I do love ESPN PLUS though. Pretty much every NHL game is on this year.

Too bad for the sake of nostalgia those games can't be broadcast at 11:30 or so over the Big Blue Sports Network with Rob Bromley and Buzz Baker part of the coverage. Just not the same without Buzz saying "THE CATS!" as only he can.
I can’t tell you how many times I waited until 11:30 to watch a game. Of course you had to tell your whole family you did not want to know the score and you couldn’t watch another game for fear the world show a score.

I can’t tell you how many times I waited until 11:30 to watch a game. Of course you had to tell your whole family you did not want to know the score and you couldn’t watch another game for fear the world show a score.
I think that is something else that's changed that seems to have maybe gotten some people away from UK basketball. I've heard from several people that their parents would allow them to stay up late to watch those games with them and it was a really nice treat. Things like that were part of the tradition of UK fandom for so many and now that's gone. It's easier to take watching the team for granted now because all games are televised but for a lot of the older generation, watching them on TV was a pretty nice luxury.

I saw one of the old games on Youtube from the 91 season and hearing the old intro took me back in time.

The games on the app are better in some ways. Less busy looking screen and a little more of the actual sound of the game.

Reactions: ArcadiaFan
Most cable/Streaming services come with it. For the football game with Chattanooga earlier this year my youtube tv subscription worked just fine
YouTube TV does not have ESPN+. I had to use my Roku and signed for for $6.99 month. I will cancel it after Friday’s game.

Reactions: BlueGlasses12
I remember when they were mostly on NBC and just the radio for some. Then they started moving to ESPN to make you buy cable. Then ESPN 2 to make you by the extra channel. Then fox sports south to make you buy another channel. Now it's on to making you keep all those other channels and buy streaming hardware and maybe another package. It will never be enough, soon you'll have to watch a game on the side of a pregnancy testing stick. Can't wait for the game you can't watch without buying feminine hygiene products. Oh, and get off my lawn!

Didn’t see that option while signing up via the roku espn plus app
I think you're confusing ESPN Plus and SEC Network Plus. ESPN Plus is an add on that gets you a lot of non revenue college sports. You pay extra for that even if you have ESPN as part of you cable/satellite package. Starting this year it's also had pretty much every NHL game on it. SEC Network Plus doesn't have much on it but it is free with your cable/satellite/streaming package. They are going to have 1 football and 2 basketball games on it per year now with the new deal they signed. It caused a lot of confusion for the Chattanooga football game earlier this year too.

Last edited:
It’s called look at ukathletics.com
I'm 76 and hate to sound dumb but i was not raised up with all this computer stuff. On the website if I hit watch does that mean I can watch the game on my computer ?

I'm 76 and hate to sound dumb but i was not raised up with all this computer stuff. On the website if I hit watch does that mean I can watch the game on my computer ?
If you want to give it a test run, the volleyball team plays at 5:30 and it's being done the exact same way. If you can get the volleyball game today, you know you'll be good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT