ADVERTISEMENT

100th PGA Championship

Kevin Na took a lot of flack for being slow, but I never thought he was that bad. At least he is not bad now. Frankly, I think many of the younger players play slower than he ever did. Patrick Cantlay is brutal to watch when it takes him a minute standing over the ball before he swings. Speith is brutal as well. Think the tour needs to get tougher on these guys when it comes to slow play and start penalizing more to make them play faster. It is an absolutely a joke that a group of 2-3 professionals take over 5-6 hours to play a round when an amateur group of 4 mid to high handicappers can get done in the same amount of time.
The European Tour played a tournament with a shot clock in June.
https://www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/06/08/european-tours-shot-clock-masters-debuts-rave-reviews

I think the problem a lot of people had / has with JB is not so much his slow play as it is his icing guys when he is in contention. He plays slow to begin with, but when in contention, it is like a whole different level of slow, intentionally the way people see him.

That is literally me and this f'n Driver once every year. Most recent a month ago. Hate that club with all my heart which is why I cannot get my HC where I want it. For whatever reason I go through an annual stint of having my club face too closed at the top of my swing (likely because I Draw the ball) which just throws my entire sequence out of wack causing all sorts of issues. Know what I am doing but fixing it seems to be a complete mystery until I get a lesson.

You can play a strong fade with a closed club face. The move is so deliberate and strong it's easy to repeat. Same thing is true for a draw. Cup your wrist on the backswing and play with an open face backswing. Different release but easy to repeat.

Results guarantied or your money back.[cheers]

Fleetwood and Molinari worth the money at 25-1
Tiger at the same price . . . not so much

Your winner?

Past PGA TOUR major winners on this course:
Gary Player US OPEN 1965
Nick Price PGA 1992

Bellerive Country Club Course overview: Par 70 7,431
https://www.pga.com/events/pgachampionship/course

2017_PGA_Championship_Preview.jpg
Patrick Reed

Great commercial, c'mon. And the perfect time for Phil to pull this out. The tour could use more guys to loosen up and put their guard down.

Agree to disagree. Middle aged white man with no rhythm trying to dance isn’t what I want to see. Hey, it took balls for him to make it. So good for him. Still think it is awful. LOL.

The Phil commercial is awful. Tongue in cheek or not, it’s horrible. And I like Phil but damn brother.
It accomplished exactly what they wanted. Genious marketing IMO. Make it so cheesy that folks will talk ALOT about it.

Reactions: kev69
I don’t like Tiger’s chances on this course. It’s a 7500 yard par 70. It also sets up well for righthanders who draw the ball. This means Woods is going to need to hit driver a lot. That’s not good.

A guy that I think will love this setup is Bubba Watson. He loves to fade it, which works perfect for a left hander here. It also sets up well for Rory.

Reactions: crpoore
Robert Trent Jones course which means long par 4’s and big greens. Look for guys that have high strokes gained off the tee and strokes gained putting. Strokes gained on approach will not be as important with the large greens. Also some guys that struggled at The Open’s with the links setup of both courses will do well here. Jason Day, Justin Thomas, John Rahm all should be top 20 here where they really struggled at Carnousti and Shinnecock. Tiger may struggle because you have to play the driver at this course, but he may do well because his best starts this year have been on the back end of 2 weeks in a row playing. Who knows?

My DraftKings lineup:
Thomas
Day
Rahm
Finau
Luke List
Gary Woodland

Reactions: Mash 2.4
Day
Rory
Noren
Stenson
Phil...longshot

Near 90 and humid all 4 days, and Thur/Fri will be brutally long rounds. Should be interesting to see who is least affected on Sunday afternoon.

I’ll do an exacta box.

Rory
Justin
Fowler
Sergio.

I think Fowler breaks his maiden. Sergio has played horribly lately but he does not want to miss the RC and another bad major performance means just that. Don’t think he’ll win but a top 10 won’t surprise me.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Threw a little coin on Bubba at +4500. That's a really curious line w/ 20 guys in front on him w/ shorter odds? Dude has won 3x this year, and course sets up like a DREAM for him.

Also sprinkled Rickie at +2000 & List at +10,000

He may not win. Probably won't in fact. But Tigers swing looks as good right now as I've ever seen it. Especially with the irons.

Rooting hard for tiger, would be great for the game if he makes a run tomorrow and in the fed-ex cup

Also firmly in Rickey's corner, I can't wait till he gets a major

Hehehe, Tiger was ready this week. Fleetwood hits a fade. Every dogleg on this course is right to left, but fades are available on the par 3's, none of the guys that move the ball left to right are doing well here.

Tons of right to left on this course.

Yep. Watching the leaders hit and they are all moving the ball left to right.

I really like the setup of this course. The balls are easy to hit off the fairway and tough to hit everywhere else. I also like how the balls in the sand roll to the bottom of the trap and set so the player doesn't have to get in a weird stance and play it. Fair test of golf and the best players playing the best are on the top of the leader board. I used to enjoy the US Open because it is so punishing, but I am more and more appreciating the other tournaments and the test of golf they present. The battle against the elements in The Open, the battle against the layout at Augusta, and the always fair setup battle against the course at the PGA are great. I was really disappointed this year at the USGA for letting the course get super tough Saturday and then doing a complete change up on Sunday. The guys who trucked along staying out of trouble for 3 days got hosed by the bombers on Sunday when they softened everything up. Either make it super tough or don't, but changing the setup on Sunday from what you did the rest of the week is pretty lame.

none of the guys that move the ball left to right are doing well here.

Yep. Watching the leaders hit and they are all moving the ball left to right.

DJ was right there before his irons betrayed him yesterday (55% GIR) and his has hit 71% FIR the last 2 days. The right to left/left to right may come into play on a select few holes, but for most that is irrelevant, especially to those who have a higher percentage of FIR and are looking to use their iron play as their focal point.

Rahm shoots 66 with 32 putts...if he makes anything he is leading.

Koepka hits only 11 greens thanks to some shoddy drives, but 25 putts keeps him on top.

Too bad the Cats have to be playing at 4 PM today. I hate using PIP so I guess I'll be switching over during commercials.

There is no doubt Tiger is stil the most talented golfer on the planet because there is not another soul who could have gone through what he has and contend as quickly as he has, but his biggest challenge is the mental hurdle of getting the ball in the fairway when the pressure is really on.

As a non golfer how is it that hard? I mean these guys literally play this sport daily!

Take a little off and gain some control?

ADVERTISEMENT