ADVERTISEMENT

100th PGA Championship

Let’s go Big Cat. Vintage eagle on 17 and you might hear the roar in Lexington..

That's called spitting the bit, but he wasn't catching Scott or Koepka, regardless. They are both stone solid this back nine.

Koepka just too good this week. If Tiger gets his driver figured out over the winter he can snag a major or two next year. IMO.

He has also won the Dunlop Phoenix twice, like Tiger. Stellar event in Japan.

Yeah I know he has a few more wins from around the world, but it's just an insane stat for a guy to only have 4 PGA Tour wins at the highest level, 3 of which are majors.

Koepka very impressive. Was waiting for the big mistake and it never came. Joins a short list of 3 major wins before 30. Studly performance and very well deserved! DJ his best bud has the wins and number 1 status but Brooks has the majors. Which are you taking?

Tiger with a great week. So silly too get too high or too low with this guy from week to week like so many do. He’s back and he’s capable of winning every week he tees it up.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
That is why Golf needs Tiger. It’s just different with him contending on Sunday. Koepka has had one heck of a major run but his win will get buried from the Tiger press.

Koepka really needs to start winning on Tour to gain real traction with the media and fans.

Zero doubt Tiger will win another major as long as he stays healthy. Like his chances with maybe 12-16 majors left before age may finally get him.

Yeah I know he has a few more wins from around the world, but it's just an insane stat for a guy to only have 4 PGA Tour wins at the highest level, 3 of which are majors.

IIRC, Andy North only won 3 times on the PGA Tour but two of those were US Open championships. Definitely an oddity.

Reactions: Tskware
Have a feeling Brooks will start winning on Tour now because he knows he will not get the true respect he wants until he does. No doubt, winning Majors gets you into the Hall of Fame, but just showing up 2-4 times a year is not going to be enough to win over the fanbase and many in the media. He admitted in an interview that he has not taken them as seriously as he should and will start doing so. That said, guy is clearly a stud and is a top 5 player in the world, but he needs to show it more often.

Zero doubt Tiger will win another major as long as he stays healthy. Like his chances with maybe 12-16 majors left before age may finally get him.

Hard to argue with you after seeing vintage Tiger yesterday, but this time four years ago, I had zero doubt that Rory McIlroy, who was 25 at the time, would win another major in the next four years, hell, everybody thought so . . . but it didn't happen. If I had to bet, yes, I would say Tiger is likely to get one sometime in the next three or four years. But by Masters week, he will be another year older, no matter how great you once were, 43 is still 43, And there are so many great players now 10-15-20 years younger than him. In short, it may be tougher than you think.

Tiger couldn't hit a fairway to save his life and still was kicking ass with his crazy recovery shots. He had a ball stop a millimeter from rolling in for Birdie on 11. Without that slow start on Thursday he would have bagged another Major. Pretty impressive for a dude that's had a dozen back surgeries.

Great tourney. But i do know one thing, If Kisner's caddy would not have raked the bunker ahead of Drain The Tub like he failed to do ahead of Gary Woodland, Drain would have packed his shit up and went to the house. None of that amatuer hour shit for Ole Drain. Ball down, rake the bunkers after a shot, pretty simple really.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Great tourney. But i do know one thing, If Kisner's caddy would not have raked the bunker ahead of Drain The Tub like he failed to do ahead of Gary Woodland, Drain would have packed his shit up and went to the house. None of that amatuer hour shit for Ole Drain. Ball down, rake the bunkers after a shot, pretty simple really.
No doubt about it. And pick up the pace.

LHFUKOCole pretends to hate Tiger but really doesn’t but I’ll give Cawood86 credit for being a true hater.
Not a hater, very obvious he did them. Kool aid drinkers won't see it. Ego's can derail already great players. Tiger didn't need to do them, but his ego and probably the constant pressure led him down that path. Bonds didn't need to do them, but same situation.

ADVERTISEMENT