ADVERTISEMENT

“If you don’t have a post presence, your team is a fraud. It is...”

Oh I’m fully aware of him directing everything on him. It doesn’t matter to me. A coach should be able to tell his players to play faster or sit, & a coach can tell his players to call a timeout. This crap of everything being up to them is a joke

My point wasn’t what actually happened. My point was I’m tired of hearing the same excuses. The calling timeout @ the end of a game should’ve been covered a bunch. It’s not the first time that’s happened

you do realize that Cal didn't call time out in our 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 runs, right? You do realize Villanova didn't call timeout right when they won the title? Or Roy williams?

Can you imagine when BAM was near staying at Kentucky last year and Coach Cal made a couple of calls to the NBA Execs like Miami and discussed BAM and that he should be a 1st round pick. BAM didn't think he was going to go in the 1st round and was about to stay at Kentucky last year. I really believe that Cal knew he had Richards and he thought Bamba was heading to UK and if BAM stayed that would be 3 centers. That is one reason I think Coach Cal made a few calls to the NBA to discuss his potential going in 1st Round of the Draft. That is when Miami and another team said if BAM was still around they would pick him in 1st round. Could you imagine this team with SGA, Green, PJ, Knox, and BAM at center. I believe Coach Cal thought BAMBA was headed here at UK with Green, Knox, PJ, Vanderbilt. Bamba mentioned a few times his experience playing along side with Green at Guard. Bamba liked how Green would feed him in the middle and that Green wasn't a PG that hogged the ball. So, I really believe Coach Cal thought Bamba was going to be playing for Kentucky this past year.

you do realize that Cal didn't call time out in our 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 runs, right? You do realize Villanova didn't call timeout right when they won the title? Or Roy williams?
I do realize that I don’t really care about those situations. Calling timeout is a not a blanket thing. Timeouts weren’t needed then. It was needed this time. Just because something worked in the past doesn’t mean that’s what you do every time. That’s a terrible argument. Surely I wasn’t the only one that thought Quade coming down & slinging up a 3 wasn’t what we wanted. What really matters is that he saw with this team earlier in the year that they need a timeout on the last play.

Can you imagine when BAM was near staying at Kentucky last year and Coach Cal made a couple of calls to the NBA Execs like Miami and discussed BAM and that he should be a 1st round pick. BAM didn't think he was going to go in the 1st round and was about to stay at Kentucky last year. I really believe that Cal knew he had Richards and he thought Bamba was heading to UK and if BAM stayed that would be 3 centers. That is one reason I think Coach Cal made a few calls to the NBA to discuss his potential going in 1st Round of the Draft. That is when Miami and another team said if BAM was still around they would pick him in 1st round. Could you imagine this team with SGA, Green, PJ, Knox, and BAM at center. I believe Coach Cal thought BAMBA was headed here at UK with Green, Knox, PJ, Vanderbilt. Bamba mentioned a few times his experience playing along side with Green at Guard. Bamba liked how Green would feed him in the middle and that Green wasn't a PG that hogged the ball. So, I really believe Coach Cal thought Bamba was going to be playing for Kentucky this past year.

Bam would have been a great help. Him or Bamba would made this team so much better.

I do realize that I don’t really care about those situations. Calling timeout is a not a blanket thing. Timeouts weren’t needed then. It was needed this time. Just because something worked in the past doesn’t mean that’s what you do every time. That’s a terrible argument. Surely I wasn’t the only one that thought Quade coming down & slinging up a 3 wasn’t what we wanted. What really matters is that he saw with this team earlier in the year that they need a timeout on the last play.

Actually your argument is pretty terrible. You just simply say those situation were "not needed." While this one was "needed." You aren't able to articulate the difference.

Of course they didn't want Quade shooting difficult 3. Hell all the player knew it.. So if they already knew, how would have time out changed anything?

Our team had a post presence. PJ Washington. When you start 4-5 freshmen and your top 8 players are freshmen and sophomores, there are going to be good weeks and bad weeks. As for Bamba, I am glad Calipari didn’t get him. Circumstantial evidence suggests Bamba’s recruitment was not straightforward. This is a very vulnerable time for programs that recruit guys like Bamba. UK basketball is bigger than any 1 player or any 1 season. It’s time for our fans to appreciate what we have here.

Curious and not being a smart ass. What exactly do you think we have here?

Well, we're paying Cal $8 million a year to make sure we have a post presence.

Zero excuses for losing to Kansas St.
Zero excuses for unrealistic and entitled expectations .That'
Well, we're paying Cal $8 million a year to make sure we have a post presence.

Zero excuses for losing to Kansas St.
Zero excuses for unrealistic expectations and thinking we're entitled to a championship . That's on those with that mindset.

Villanova has no post presence

actually, their defensive rebounding is 18th. They don't attempt offensive rebound, so that's like 155.

Basically, they control the board on defense end. They set their defense by going back and not trying to go for offensive rebound.

ofcourse they are also good shooting team.

They are very well rounded team.

Every game Luckie ref's is a foul fest. It's how he ref's. Calls everything (and a few made up things) in the first 38minutes. Call nothing the final 2. That said, we couldn't throw it in the ocean from a boat in the middle of the Atlantic Thursday night.

Actually your argument is pretty terrible. You just simply say those situation were "not needed." While this one was "needed." You aren't able to articulate the difference.

Of course they didn't want Quade shooting difficult 3. Hell all the player knew it.. So if they already knew, how would have time out changed anything?
Oh I could’ve articulated it more than it was needed, but I chose not to explain why this team has already proven that they can’t make game ending good decisions. They’ve already proven that & I expected a timeout to be called & a play designed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT