ADVERTISEMENT

Just never forget this

Cal had Fox, Monk, Bam, Wenyen, Diallo, Willis, Hawkins, Briscor and couldn’t get to a final four. What makes anyone think he could do it with the group coming in next year. Cal quit building teams based on needs and just took whoever he could get that was rated high. Too many holes in his roster every single year. Plus he literally just rolls the ball out. That’s one rumor that have been proven.

Another hypothetical

Another season to get us back to relevancy. Same contract through 29 no ambassadorship and buyout after next season drops to say 5 million max. I don’t think cal wants to be fired and Barney doesn’t want to pay the buyout.
We haven't been all that relevant now for 10 years. Certainly not the last 5. What does one more year achieve except more damage to the program?
Reactions: bigbluedon

Wolfpack will most likely beat Oakland

And that’s going to pour even more salt on the wound. I haven’t slept well or been the same since the loss, and it’s time that we end this charade.

Lastly, we need a seasoned steady hand at the helm to soften the blow when Cal is released and I think Jay Wright would be a great hire. Just my two-cents.
I have two bets going that the accountant won't go for 32 again today.
  • Haha
Reactions: Kerry Kat

Could the NIL fund backfire?

We are going to need the NIL fund to stay competitive with or without Cal here. Same in football with Stoops. UK is NOT the only school doing it, just everyone wants to pile everything on Cal. Are you not going to support the football team and blame Cal ? They will need the same donations. And the former players will donate money, this thing just started. I want Cal gone as much as the other posters (not as much as SOME), but a replacement is what I am scared of. IF only I trusted Mitch and the UK board to get it right, I am fine with a change. BUT, even with change, the NIL fund will ne be needed, it is not a Cal thing, it is UK basketball keeping up with other top programs thing. The former players do not owe UK anything, same as the fans complaining about asking for donations, so don't say "the millionaire former players should donate." Well, if you feel you shouldn't why say the players should ? But they will, they will give back, but they do not owe UK anything if they did not.

Wolfpack will most likely beat Oakland

And that’s going to pour even more salt on the wound. I haven’t slept well or been the same since the loss, and it’s time that we end this charade.

Lastly, we need a seasoned steady hand at the helm to soften the blow when Cal is released and I think Jay Wright would be a great hire. Maybe Buzz Williams if the University wanted to go with a younger coach.

Just my two-cents.
Reactions: heelbent
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT