ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Just returned from Key West yesterday...quick little 3-nighter for Labor Day we booked on a whim 2 weeks ago. Made a list of about 30 places based on recs from several friends who are regulars + the worst poster in catpaw history, along with the obvious ones.... and we hit damn near every one of them. Good times

Place felt like a distant island relative of New Orleans in a weird way, w/ regards to having incredible food, endless bars/music, lots of history, it's own unique/weird culture, etc. We had a blast.

FSU’s Struggle Reinforces Problem Relying on Transfer Portal

Why wouldn't they be worse w/o the portal transfers?
In terms of record, maybe they wouldn't be? In the long-term they get game experience and development for HS recruits and build from within. Also, they are wasting someone's NIL money, so with a limited war chest they could have better spent it on others in the portal.

Louisville writer Rick Bozich a huge homer, said L should be in the top 25 after beating hapless Austin Peay 62-0

You may not want to hear this, FSU had all but 5 starters opt out of the Georgia game. Do you really want to brag about that win?
I don’t believe I was bragging. I was responding to your statement about Tech playing a close game and your hidden assumption that makes the ACC good.
I believe UK would have been the second closest game Georgia had. Kirby likes Stoops. We Sucked last year. Worst team in 3 years. Played Georgia close tho.
If you are blind enough to not see the ACC is the weakest power 4 there is really nothing further I can say.
The results each year prove it time and time again.
12-0 league champions to hapless 0-2 start to unranked teams in 8 months.
Yea , you guys are killing it.

GYERO

Controversial Key West Take: The boomers have priced younger people out of that place and it’s basically a retirement village now. I was trying to set up a trip in November for one of my project teams. Before Covid we did this and would stay at Ocean Key which is ground zero Duval St for like $500 a night per room (hey, it was a business expense). Now, that hotel is like $1K per night. The crappy hotels by the airport now start at like $650 in peak season. No way you're getting people in the 20-40 year old range with that.

Sounding like the Jason Hart hire is starting reap its benefits

I'm not going to lie, I'd like to see what Pope could do with a blend of elite freshmen and solid upperclassmen.

I think he would have absolutely crushed it last year with Cal's final UK roster.

You know he would have played Sheppard, Dillingham, and Reeves most of the minutes together. Wagner would have sulked and transferred at the end of the year, but there's no way Pope would have let DJ or Justin and their circles hold UK hostage.
Yeah, and could you have imagine Big Z in Pope's offense too? Last year was a really big wasted opportunity.
Reactions: westerncat
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT