ADVERTISEMENT

I had no idea how bad basketball used to be in the past

There is also the factor that nobody considers that HD super cameras and every angle possible wasn’t available.

Even games in the same era on different networks look like one is a far superior product. We’ve seen dudes who played in the early 2000s and those games look awful, dudes look smaller and less athletic…and then this same guys played in the late teens and 20s and were just as effective even as an old vet on their last leg.

This shooting and all around skill of bigs is better today as a whole. But the stars of yesteryear would be able to be the top 10% of the league today. Two “big slow unathletic” European guys are dominating the current league

Kentucky, Duke, Arkansas....empty

At some point this NIL and transfer will hit a brick wall. I hope that is soon.
I think schools - coaches and ADs - will be leading this charge this summer. I seriously don't think it will take long for that to happen. I mean now the schools have to pony up for more travel just to accommodate not only high school recruits, but transfer portal recruiting. On top of that, schools are going to need to hire a freaking General Manager that likely has a law degree to manage these NIL contract negotiations (note that most, if not all sports agents are attorneys). All of this means more expense on the athletic departments who get nothing out of the NIL except players that might draw attention to their school come playoff time.

Another thing that could start to happen is no more free college tuition/scholarships if these kids are making $250k to over $1m for only a few months out of a college year.

Hardly a Mention of Hardly Gilmore

I saw him twice last year. A little on the thin side, but nothing that a couple of years in our S&C can't fix. Good athlete, good hands physically tough and very competitive too. I didn't get to see much from him in a vertical passing game because Pahokee lost their starting QB to a knee injury on their first drive of the game at Delray Beach Atlantic and the sophomore backup was regulated to mostly throwing hitch passes, tunnel screens and quick slants. Still Gilmour/Gilmore had over 100 yards on the night and 2 TD. He also had a diving 20 yard catch on a 4th and 18 that gave them a 1st and goal inside the 5. On that play he got a nasty looking cut on his lower leg from the cleats of the safety. He had to come out and get bandaged up but was back in on the next series. In the other game against THE Benjamin School in West Palm, he didn't have much in the way of production, but that was due to THE Benjamin School having Pahokee badly outmanned in terms of talent up front, and the young Pahokee QB spent most of the evening on his back.

In summary, I believe he'll be a really nice player for us in time.

POLITICAL THREAD

We can start with discussing mask mandates. Remember those, Sammy? It's not as if Republican hands are clean here themselves, but the vast majority of that foolishness was guided by your side. A majority of Democrat voters advocated house arrest for the "unvaccinated". It goes on and on. And your fat, cowardly ass was among the most odious of all of them.
Ppl are catching on.

• Wow
Reactions: AustinTXCat

NBA talent

I didn’t say they sucked, I said they were nowhere near as good as they are now, which is accurate. How many nights was Devin Booker knocking on the door of 50 points at UK? KAT wasn’t misused. Maxey is playing an identical game.

The difference is an added 4-9 years, a shitload of muscle, and a whole lot of experience playing against the best players in the world.
Booker knocking on 50 in college could've never happened when your loyalty is to the Harrisons, who granted had a magical run the year before. If Booker and Ulis play the majority of the minutes against Wisconsin the following year, you probably would've seen a 40-0 season. Stubborn Cal being Stubborn Cal!

POLITICAL THREAD

My philosophy is to call 'em as I sees 'em. But, if you think I harbor some form of hatred towards anyone over there, think again. Utter apathy is actually the opposite of hatred just as it is the opposite of love. I reserve hatred for those what step on  my toes, got that?
You were, and have always been, very clear. You do not care about anyone but you and yours. As I said, the enemy. Apathy is indeed worse than hatred. If you hate at least you know and care.
Reactions: WildcatofNati2

NBA talent

Let's not act like they sucked when we had them. A lot of them were poorly used and shined once they got to play their game and not how Cal wanted them to play.
I didn’t say they sucked, I said they were nowhere near as good as they are now, which is accurate. How many nights was Devin Booker knocking on the door of 50 points at UK? KAT wasn’t misused. Maxey is playing an identical game.

The difference is an added 4-9 years, a shitload of muscle, and a whole lot of experience playing against the best players in the world.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT