ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning folks.

Back to work, downtown today.
It’s a cool, sunny day in the east. Another in a long run of beautiful days, more like October than early September.

Everything is getting back to normal for my family. Both daughters begin their teaching jobs today. My son got back to his job in Texas after a long Labor Day trip to the mountains of Colorado. And my wife is returning from her visit to care for her aunt in NYC.

I hope you all are having a good day.

Slightly OT: Why Is Winning Not Important In College Coaching Contracts?

Oh I'm sure. My question is why are contracts for coaches so bad that when they start sucking or underperforming it becomes very hard to fire them, financially speaking. You would think that it would have a stipulation that you have to win X amount of games over the course of X years. That way, you can have a bad year without it hurting you horribly, BUT at the same time, give AD's some sense of accountability.

It's just bizarre to me. Like Napier for evidence, he's obviously failing at UF. But it's gonna cost mega bucks to fire him. Wild when the average joe can lose their job for nothing sometimes.

The notion is if they don't pay it, someone else will and you will lose a very valuable commodity thats extremely difficult to replace. Plus the economic impact of a great coach will more than pay for the deal they get especially in football. In football there is direct impact in it being by far the highest revenue producing sport (in most situations the only revenue positive). Then you have indirect with studies showing that championships in mens basketball and/or football clearly drive an increase in enrollment the following year

Obviously some of these contracts are just laughably bad from the start because these fools give away the bank before the coach proved anything ala napier and others.

Dabo is different because he was dominant for a long time and they knew bama would come calling very soon. You just couldn't replace a pre portal dabo at Clemson and his economic impact there more than justified his deal.

Dabo was amazing a while back with 2 titles. He isnt adapting (like cal) and man does that 60 million sting.

It's always more beneficial for the coach OP.

Pope even got a nice buyout. He gets an extension for making a sweet 16, which is comical at UK.

Iirc not only did we massively pay pope but guaranteed 75% of his deal with a reducing buyout if mitch is gone.

Granted so far pope is awesome at energizing fans and being the ambassador cal stopped being, but it doesn't change the fact Mitch paid bank and then some to someone that would've walked here.

Direct tv issues

I don't know how or why anyone used anything besides YouTube tv. Ya its costly but still cheaper than cable and way better. The only issue is going there is playing directly into the hands of these massive companies but one is as bad as the next.

Of course the real villain is Disney. They constantly raise the price of espn to these providers to the point where the vast majority of your bill is espn. If any provider dare not agree to their continually more insane price, they drop the provider during college football season which puts massive pressure on the provider to cave making prices go ever upwards.

POLITICAL THREAD

Login to view embedded media
Baris saying that Trump is up by more in PA now than he was against Biden when they 86'd his ass. Baris is saying he's showing Trump at 19.3% with black voters and his raw data always favors dems by 2 to the 3 percent. So Trump is going to get close to 23% of the black vote. If you want to find this whole interview it's worth a listen. Baris is numbers guy. He'll tell pubs they are losing if thats what the numbers show but he's been 10X more accurate since 2016 than Nate Silver. lol.

Lets say this polling is correct, seems its too late for dems to switch candidates? They already officially nominated her at the convention or at least thats what i read because i definitely didn't watch.

I cant imagine there is a mechanism that allows a switch after that or even ability to get names on ballots, but with dems who knows.

The cheat is going to be unreal. Look how far they already went this cycle. If it gets beyond the cheat, look out for outright amnesty. If they pull that ultra desperate move it will be too late to challenge and you cant unwind something given to 20 million people. So suits better be filed now to stop it.

Dems apparently can't afford to lose this election which means they will be desperate. So be proactively prepping for anything and everything. Reactive won't cut it because there is no time.

Rings of Power series on Amazon in Sept

But that isn't what they are saying. They will tell you that they are going by the book and they constantly "go back to the book"...

Much of it goes by what written material there is to work with. Thats why the nonsense deviations are so frustrating imo. They add zero value to the story and actually subtract from it.

A good example is the Jackson trilogy having aragorn as a reluctant leader lacking in self confidence. That wasnt the canon but added some degree of complexity for the casual viewer.

POLITICAL THREAD

If Kamala wins I'll bet that they will try to seize retirement accounts. This has been a left wing wet dream since the early 2000's. Billions of dollars held by responsible people and the avg American has less than $100k in retirement funds. I think the avg for people over 55 is only like $150k. So those of us who have maxed out and actually done homework to improve our retirement funds are going to have to pay....

I definitely think roths will be in their scopes at the very least. No way the greedy bastards can watch all that income flow out untaxed.

Granted it was taxed the first time but they will just ignore that inconvenience.

POLITICAL THREAD

Login to view embedded media
Baris saying that Trump is up by more in PA now than he was against Biden when they 86'd his ass. Baris is saying he's showing Trump at 19.3% with black voters and his raw data always favors dems by 2 to the 3 percent. So Trump is going to get close to 23% of the black vote. If you want to find this whole interview it's worth a listen. Baris is numbers guy. He'll tell pubs they are losing if thats what the numbers show but he's been 10X more accurate since 2016 than Nate Silver. lol.
This is eye opening as Baris is a no-nonsense, excellent source.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT