ADVERTISEMENT

Walmart to discontinue confederate flag merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
A girl on Facebook posted a Confederate flag with the caption: "If you don't know what this means, then you need to go back to school! I support the 13 colonies of the Civil War!!!!"

^was it this girl?

miss-south-carolina-2007-teen-pageant.jpg

Reactions: KingOfBBN
I would guess that the latter label is used if the killer's motivations and ideologies hit a bit too close to home.
My point is that evil is evil, murder is murder, and if you feel it's right to succumb to evil or commit murder of innocent people you are messed up in the head. It doesn't matter if you're white wanting to kill a bunch of blacks, Christian and want to bomb an abortion clinic, Muslim and want to fly a plane into a building, or a gang member pissed at someone on their turf. Extreme hate like that is a mental disorder. They are all terrorist AND crazy.

The confederate flag today doesnt represent slavery or any of that BS anymore its more a sign of rebellion and raising hell. Either way it probably shouldnt be at any states capital.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
I wouldn't wear or own a Confederate flag of any kind as I find it as distasteful as a mullet and wife beater t-shirt ensemble... BUT the folks that want to do that have a perfect right to do so. I fear for what we are becoming. The left, my left, is headed into a death-spiral by embracing the politics of division and race, which I despise.

So now I am virtually without a political party. I see and loathe the insane right wing nuts on one side and am sickened by the race baiters on my left. I think ultimately that is the fate of the vanishing white middle class. Undone by the greed of the right and the entitlement of the left.

Basically today's society has turned into one giant power trip with fake outrage. How many times have you guys truly been offended? Maybe once or twice?

These groups do nothing but cry 24/7 and we have opened the flood gates pandering to these idiots every time these special interest groups on the left make some noise.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Walmart, a company that has destroyed a large portion of the country's small business economy and thrived on underpaying minorities while denying them benefits... really has the heart and soul of the country in mind.
Yep. Just like Henry Ford destroyed the horse and buggy business.

Reactions: ymmot31
Basically today's society has turned into one giant power trip with fake outrage. How many times have you guys truly been offended? Maybe once or twice?

These groups do nothing but cry 24/7 and we have opened the flood gates pandering to these idiots every time these special interest groups on the left make some noise.

Red team is leading the charge on this one. Bevin, McConnell and state senate president Stivers (sp??) are the ones calling to remove Davis from the capitol.

Special interest groups, left and right, are the worst though.

So once again, liberals were right and conservatives were wrong. Just have to wait for conservatives to wise up or die off. Sort of frustrating you people won't just shut up and do as we say from the beginning.

Im sorry but a dipshit in jorts, 80s striped shirt, scarf, black socks and sporting a bowl cut and glasses on the nose sitting in a garden of marigolds holding a gun and confederate flag does not strike me as a white supremacist as much as a confused kid with a screw loose.

Here in the real world, the flag represents rebellion, which all of this negative attention just goes to enhance.

^^^^

I thought it represented redneckery and whitetrashiness.

I've yet to see one on a T-shirt with sleeves, or one on a truck where one doesn't instantly say "What a f'n redneck."

Red team is leading the charge on this one. Bevin, McConnell and state senate president Stivers (sp??) are the ones calling to remove Davis from the capitol.

Special interest groups, left and right, are the worst though.

Yeah. I've grown to dislike every politician and the whole system.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
So once again, liberals were right and conservatives were wrong. Just have to wait for conservatives to wise up or die off. Sort of frustrating you people won't just shut up and do as we say from the beginning.

Hoping this is sarcasm. Although both sides suck, there have been tons of situations where the liberals were like a toddler trying to stick a fork in a power outlet and was warned many times by the right but they just had to do it and we all had to just wait for the inevitable.

Last edited:

What were the liberals right about?

Mega, what do you think people are thinking when they see someone wearing Slayer shirt?
Isn't stereotyping people supposed to be a bad thing?

If a flag caused a person to kill 9 people all flags should be forever removed. Can't have those pole sitters flying high constantly on the look out for victims to brain wash. Also, if Wal-Mart wants to really make as stand they should stop selling guns, for all we know his came from one of their stores. Not exactly a strong endorsement removing a item that I wouldn't think sells very good.

The kid is absolutely mentally ill, no one in their right mind commits a random act like that.

There are also calls for removing the Jefferson Davis statue from the University of Texas at Austin campus. The statue was vandalized overnight.

So the difference in Davis and Washington is...? One was a winner so his bad shit is all good? July 4th is coming up my Yankee friends, I need to know which history I'm allowed to honor. Since we's just po white trash, maybe you can splain it to us.

but there's really no point in asking. There's no thought coming from the flag hating mob. They are perpetually offended and have nothing to offer but self-righteous hashtags. And they are damned sure not going to allow another rebel flag to walk into a church and kill anybody.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Damn. You were making such great points too. I would have ignored it if you hadn't put quotation marks around it.

Ha, man... I'm running out of the house as I post that, heading to meet family for happy hour as I'm already late. I'm starting my car thinking about the post and realize "damn I rushed that.. did I say "despite" or "to spite"..

Ugh.

never. Not once.

Yeah, I racked my brain when I wrote it and couldn't think of anything. I've had rich douchebags think they could talk down to me but I wouldn't call that being 'offended.' I don't believe these people are offended either. I think they enjoy people catering to their BS.

Ha, man... I'm running out of the house as I post that, heading to meet family for happy hour as I'm already late. I'm starting my car thinking about the post and realize "damn I rushed that.. did I say "despite" or "to spite"..

Ugh.

LOL. I've done same thing. Glad you took it in stride as that's how I meant it.

Reactions: LineSkiCat
What about the Indians? I say we give the land back. Let them try to run this country because whitey has royally raped it. TS.

Now this is going to far WB is pulling The General Lee from production. No more Dukes Of Hazard merchandise with the General Lee.

Now this is going to far WB is pulling The General Lee from production. No more Dukes Of Hazard merchandise with the General Lee.

Haven't watched any recent reruns on CMT to confirm, but i understand they've already blotted out the flag on the roof of the General Lee.

We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people. ~John F. Kennedy

I have no love for the Confederacy. Neither I, nor any member of my family has ever owned an item, other than a mainstream book about the Civil War, that included the Confederate flag. But I think banning any form of speech or expression is misguided and ultimately will backfire.

I'll not miss the Jeff Davis statue in Frankfort if they take it down. I suppose I won't mind when they close Monticello because Thomas Jefferson was a slave owner. When the Andrew Jackson statue in Louisiana is pulled down, and he vanishes from the $20 because of his Indian policies, so be it. It'll be fine when they sandblast Teddy Roosevelt off of Mt. Rushmore because of his anti-Hispanic bias displayed on San Juan Hill. I'll even be okay with re-naming the Washington Monument the Susan B. Anthony Memorial Pole once the momentum really picks up, and George's willingness to endorse a constitution that permitted slavery is fully aired.

But at some point, the Orwellian assault on our history -- the good, the bad and the ugly -- because it doesn't conform with what the rarefied progressives of the 21st Century think is Utopia, will leave us all even more ignorant than we're already becoming.

If a flag caused a person to kill 9 people all flags should be forever removed. Can't have those pole sitters flying high constantly on the look out for victims to brain wash. Also, if Wal-Mart wants to really make as stand they should stop selling guns, for all we know his came from one of their stores. Not exactly a strong endorsement removing a item that I wouldn't think sells very good.

The kid is absolutely mentally ill, no one in their right mind commits a random act like that.

Yeah, he was mentally ill. What can you do? It happens. Guess those nut jobs with ISIS and Al-Qaeda are just "mentally ill" too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT