ADVERTISEMENT

UL vs UK this season

Look at the Georgia game last year. Georgia scored every time they had the ball. More of the same this year against everyone.
I officially nominate you as douche of the year on this board. We are gonna kick UL's ass this year. No comment on GA, but UL is in trouble this year.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
It's gonna be so sweet to watch UK beat UofL this year and see the faces of the idiot UofL fans (like yourself) that cannot fathom UK beating the mighty powerhouse UofL. Hey, when was the last time your powerhouse UofL football program beat a ranked team?
Notre Dame dropped out of the top 25 the week of the Louisville game this past season. Notre Dame had been ranked as high as #6. Louisville went into South Bend and came home with the W. Never an easy place to win. Notre Dame ended up beating LSU a few weeks later in the Music City Bowl.

Miami got waxed by Louisville in the 2013 Russell Athletic Bowl in their home state. While Miami wasn't ranked in the top 25 at the time, they had been ranked as high as #7 that season.

I guess you would say the signature top ten win is still the waxing of Florida in the Sugar Bowl.

Notre Dame dropped out of the top 25 the week of the Louisville game this past season. Notre Dame had been ranked as high as #6. Louisville went into South Bend and came home with the W. Never an easy place to win. Notre Dame ended up beating LSU a few weeks later in the Music City Bowl.

Miami got waxed by Louisville in the 2013 Russell Athletic Bowl in their home state. While Miami wasn't ranked in the top 25 at the time, they had been ranked as high as #7 that season.

I guess you would say the signature top ten win is still the waxing of Florida in the Sugar Bowl.

Oh, gotcha. So now you're citing teams that were ranked high but plummeted by the time they played Louisville and weren't even ranked?? Yeah, sounds good, just count those as top 10 wins or something. LOL. Like I said, you haven't beat a top 25 team since Teddy was a Sophomore. That's fine, but your fan base acts like you're a powerhouse. Top programs don't go years w/o beating a ranked team. It's all good though, you're getting what's coming to you in Commonwealth this year. You should attend the game. Might be a rough ride back down I-64 West though afterwards.

Get ready to get "waxed". LOL. Who uses that term anyway? Is this 1989?

We're definitely more talented than Louisville for the first time since 2011 looking at the rosters prior to the season. My breakdown is below:

QB - Big UK advantage. Towles is much better than any of Louisville's QBs and I would even take Drew Barker over any of their QBs. I have a feeling Will Gardner will be Louisville's starting QB by the end of the season after Bonnofon plays poorly. It was very bad news for Louisville that the Penn State QB transfer with a canon-arm was a total non-factor in their wide-open QB job this spring. However, Louisville does have much more depth and experience at this position than UK.
RB - Big UK advantage. Boom Williams is the best RB UK has had since Moe Williams. Louisville will be relying on a JUCO transfer and a talented true freshman who looks very doubtful to qualify (James Allen). Brandon Radcliffe is adequate at best and they have virtually no one under him on the depth chart that can play.
WR - Big UK advantage. Louisville lost 5 WRs from last season's team; whereas, UK lost only 2 solid WRs, but get back 2 solid WRs who medically redshirted this past season. Louisville is replacing their losses with 3 transfers; two of which were at the bottom of the depth chart at Tennessee and Texas A&M; and one of which is a UAB transfer. That is a major downgrade from Parker, Rodgers, and De la Cruz. UK has done a much better job recruiting this position in 2013 and 2014.

TE - Big Louisville advantage. Keith Towbridge and Charles Stanberry are a much better TE pair than UK's freshmen CJ Conrad and Daryl Long.
OL - Big UK advantage. I would rank Louisville's 2015 Oline as one of the worst in all of college football. They were terrible in 2014 and that was with two high draft picks and another 4-year senior starter. Charlie Strong did a terrible job recruiting this position and Petrino's lunatic OL coach ran-off a bunch of their soft Olinemen during the 1st spring there. Louisville's two returning starting Olinemen consist of a player Charlie Strong cut from the team last January (Epps) and a walk-on who played terribly last season (Hughly). UK returns 7 of its 8-man OL rotation from last season, 4 of which were redshirt freshmen. UK's Oline should be much improved and is much deeper than Louisville's.

DL - Big Louisville advantage. Louisville has one of the best 3-4 fronts in college football. I think Rankins is the best player on their team and is probably the best DL we will face all season. Udub transfer Pio Vatuvei played well last season and DeAngelo Brown is a huge run-stopper. They have a really nice 5-man rotation along the line. UK has two serviceable senior DEs and an elite NG in Melvin Lewis.
LB - Big Louisville advantage. Louisville has an elite pair of starting ILBs, although will have to replace their 2 starting OLBs who were drafted. 50/50 chance their big-time TCU Big XII defensive player of the year qualifies academically and enrolls in school, so this position will take a huge blow if he doesn't. UK is much improved at ILB, though Kelsey/Burgess are much better than Forest/Flannigan. UK has no depth at OLB and loses Dupree.

DB - Even. Louisville has the 2 Georgia transfers, but questions surround the other projected starters and 2nd teammers in their secondary. UK's top 3 CBs have been terrible the past 3 years, but at least they are now seniors with a ton of experience. I think the secondary is a major weakness for both teams.

K - Even. Wallace and McGuiness are both elite kickers.
P - Big UK advantage. Louisville's punter last season was atrocious. Landon Foster is just OK.
How do you give a big advantage to UK at QB? You do know Stoopes and Joker have identical records after 2 years right? You would have to give UL a big advantage in coaching.

How do you give a big advantage to UK at QB? You do know Stoopes and Joker have identical records after 2 years right? You would have to give UL a big advantage in coaching.

Taking over 3 straight bowl teams to go 6-7,5-7,2-8 =/= taking over a team who won 5, then 2...then going 2-8, 5-7...one was on the obvious slide...the other is moving upward.

Oh, gotcha. So now you're citing teams that were ranked high but plummeted by the time they played Louisville and weren't even ranked?? Yeah, sounds good, just count those as top 10 wins or something. LOL. Like I said, you haven't beat a top 25 team since Teddy was a Sophomore. That's fine, but your fan base acts like you're a powerhouse. Top programs don't go years w/o beating a ranked team. It's all good though, you're getting what's coming to you in Commonwealth this year. You should attend the game. Might be a rough ride back down I-64 West though afterwards.

Get ready to get "waxed". LOL. Who uses that term anyway? Is this 1989?
I mentioned those two simply because they were the most recent significant wins and those two teams WERE in the top 25 just before playing UofL. Notre Dame specifically was in the top 25 1 week before the Louisville game.

In reference to "top programs don't go years w/o beating a ranked team"......You need to keep in mind that historically those top programs played in better conferences and had multiple games, multiple years of playing ranked teams. Louisville did not have that opportunity and struggled in scheduling the "big boys". So of course there are some long periods in between beating a ranked team. The ranked teams snuffed their collective noses at UofL previously. Isn't it kinda odd that now that Louisville is in the ACC, Louisville is having some better fortune in getting games scheduled with the traditional powers such as Notre Dame and Auburn?

I mentioned those two simply because they were the most recent significant wins and those two teams WERE in the top 25 just before playing UofL. Notre Dame specifically was in the top 25 1 week before the Louisville game.

In reference to "top programs don't go years w/o beating a ranked team"......You need to keep in mind that historically those top programs played in better conferences and had multiple games, multiple years of playing ranked teams. Louisville did not have that opportunity and struggled in scheduling the "big boys". So of course there are some long periods in between beating a ranked team. The ranked teams snuffed their collective noses at UofL previously. Isn't it kinda odd that now that Louisville is in the ACC, Louisville is having some better fortune in getting games scheduled with the traditional powers such as Notre Dame and Auburn?

Devonte Parker was the lone difference in the game last year. For years Louisville has been able to pound Kentucky on the ground, which wasn't the case at all last season. Our front seven has and is improving by leaps and bounds.

Kentucky and Louisville are probably close to equivalent in across the board talent. Home field advantage will probably help decide several games in the coming future.

notre dame had 9 defensive starters out of the louisville game. some of those are the backups getting hurt and starting for a few games. they lost 4 of their last 5 counting the louisville game. they were playing a lot of true freshmen in the louisville game that weren't playing when they were ranked #6. but it was a good win just not against a top 20 team if your being honest.

It's been awhile since you've posted but I'm now remembering how dense you were/are. You probably got banned and now you're back with the new format ban lifts. There is so much in your post that is nothing more than idiotic fanboy stuff that it really isn't worth the time to try and point out how clueless you are. You won't get it.

Matt Jones predicted a win over Western in both games

Virginia hadn't beaten a top 25 team in something like 7 years before they beat you all. Western on the other hand has consistently been in the postseason and played top 25 schools closely in that span. You decide which was more embarrassing. They rushed the field on you and you will never be a school that's worth rushing the field over

Well that is absurd.

LOL I mentioned that Petrino has owned us and a poster said Petrino was not at WKU when they beat us. I agree until we
start winning some games of consequence I'm not saying anything. We totally faded last season and after that good start we couldn't close out the season with 1 more win.

LOL I mentioned that Petrino has owned us and a poster said Petrino was not at WKU when they beat us. I agree until we
start winning some games of consequence I'm not saying anything. We totally faded last season and after that good start we couldn't close out the season with 1 more win.
Petrino had more talent at WKU than Stoops did in yr 1. Also, WKU beat us the year before Petrino got there, so it wasn't like he worked a miracle.

If you want an explanation for Petrino and WKU beating UK, look no further than Jokers recruiting classes and class retention.

The WKU game at LP stadium was the first game this staff coached. They were simply so green they didn't even pack all the equipment they needed during the game. That along with the fact they had such little talent to play with are really good reasons they lost. Petrino had a much harder game last year with even more talent at UL to work with so I anxious to see what happens this year. :cool:

Reactions: omnivos
I went to the UL Spring game by myself. They aren't beating us. Their first team beat their second team something like 63-0. Their offensive line was atrocious and their QBs were getting sacked a lot when the refs were letting them run out of would-be sacks. Samples will be servicable and Quick will be good but they lost 7 of their top 9 receivers. Their receiving corps is lacking depth in a big way. Their entire offense is going to live and die by Quick, Radcliff, and Bonnafon escaping sacks occasionally. Their secondary with the exception of Clemons is VERY small and their backups are not good at all. I didn't see a TE that can adrquately replace Gerald Christianson. Bolin struggled to move the ball against the 2nd team defense. It became obvious that Bolin only had the game he did against us because he was throwing jump balls to Parker and Parker was making great plays. Bolin didn't look anything like he did against us versus a 2nd D that was reeeeaaaallllllyyy bad. UL doesn't play anyone so they'll win 7-8 without trouble even in a down year

Last edited:
Reactions: 2blue4u
I went to the UL Spring game by myself. They aren't beating us. Their first team beat their second team something like 63-0. Their offensive line was atrocious and their QBs were getting sacked a lot when the refs were letting them run out of would-be sacks. Samples will be servicable and Quick will be good but they lost 7 of their top 9 receivers. Their receiving corps is lacking depth in a big way. Their entire offense is going to live and die by Quick, Radcliff, and Bonnafon escaping sacks occasionally. Their secondary with the exception of Clemons is VERY small and their backups are not good at all. I didn't see a TE that can adrquately replace Gerald Christianson. Bolin struggled to move the ball against the 2nd team defense. It became obvious that Bolin only had the game he did against us because he was throwing jump balls to Parker and Parker was making great plays. Bolin didn't look anything like he did against us versus a 2nd D that was reeeeaaaallllllyyy bad. UL doesn't play anyone so they'll win 7-8 without trouble even in a down year
I've come to the conclusion that nothing is learned from watching Spring games.

I'll post something that is sure to be controversial to the UL fans that live here, but I assure you I'm not just trolling.

I believe UL has a losing season this year. Seriously, I do.

They just lost too much talent last season. Not too mention they are still in transition from a defensive lead team built by Strong (questionably I might add) to the offensive powerhouse they are sure to be under Petrino.

Plus they are playing a real schedule now.

But the big thing that will contribute to a losing campaign is their woeful offensive line. Even the UL fans (as brainwashed as they are) have said they are very nervous about the play of the offensive line. Unless there is a major overhaul there, UL is headed for a 4-5 win campaign.

I am Tskware, and I approve of this message.

Sustaining an SEC champion caliber program? OK, I get it, not going to happen, too many legitimate obstacles which JR pointed out to overcome. Nobody in their right mind expects us to be the southern fried version of Ohio State or Oregon.

But I have been hearing "we are two years away" for about 40 years now. Louisville started 30 years ago lower than whale crap in the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, and five years later blew Alabama completely out of the stadium in the Fiesta Bowl. Two years ago, they kicked Florida's ass in the Sugar Bowl. And in the three decades in between, we have never been above .500 in the SEC. Think about that for a minute.

I'll post something that is sure to be controversial to the UL fans that live here, but I assure you I'm not just trolling.

I believe UL has a losing season this year. Seriously, I do.

They just lost too much talent last season. Not too mention they are still in transition from a defensive lead team built by Strong (questionably I might add) to the offensive powerhouse they are sure to be under Petrino.

Plus they are playing a real schedule now.

But the big thing that will contribute to a losing campaign is their woeful offensive line. Even the UL fans (as brainwashed as they are) have said they are very nervous about the play of the offensive line. Unless there is a major overhaul there, UL is headed for a 4-5 win campaign.

Won't happen because the bottom 2/3 of the ACC is awfully bad. Even when UL sucks they'll beat Cuse, BC, Wake, and the other crap ones

Last edited:
UK will win this game by double digits. UK was the better team last year, and UL is not coming into Commonwealth and winning.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
i really do find it odd that ul fans dont see that how close last years game was should be an eye opener to them. we were wore out and beat down at the end of the year. we looked bad in 3 of the last 4.... the one exception... the ul game. we lost 5 contributors and get a whole bunch of rs's, soph's, and some medicals added this year. i know they have the transfers and the juco's coming in but i just see the depth on the 2 teams reversing a bit this year.

i dont expect ul fans to think they will lose this game but im listening to some of them at work and around town act like if UK beats ul this year it will be the biggest upset in history and something bad must of happened to ul during the season. they complained that the ruckus before the game was the reason it was so close cause it got them out of their game plan. but before the game started they were bragging that the ruckus would cause us to lose by more cause "no one steps on the bird".

C'mon dude!

You "C'mon dude" and get ready for what is coming. UL was very lucky to win last year, a dropped EASY INT away from losing. UL lost a lot, UK has a lot coming back, game is at home for UK....UK may already have 6 wins by the time the two play this year, and will win by 10.

We're definitely more talented than Louisville for the first time since 2011 looking at the rosters prior to the season. My breakdown is below:

QB - Big UK advantage. Towles is much better than any of Louisville's QBs and I would even take Drew Barker over any of their QBs. I have a feeling Will Gardner will be Louisville's starting QB by the end of the season after Bonnofon plays poorly. It was very bad news for Louisville that the Penn State QB transfer with a canon-arm was a total non-factor in their wide-open QB job this spring. However, Louisville does have much more depth and experience at this position than UK.
RB - Big UK advantage. Boom Williams is the best RB UK has had since Moe Williams. Louisville will be relying on a JUCO transfer and a talented true freshman who looks very doubtful to qualify (James Allen). Brandon Radcliffe is adequate at best and they have virtually no one under him on the depth chart that can play.
WR - Big UK advantage. Louisville lost 5 WRs from last season's team; whereas, UK lost only 2 solid WRs, but get back 2 solid WRs who medically redshirted this past season. Louisville is replacing their losses with 3 transfers; two of which were at the bottom of the depth chart at Tennessee and Texas A&M; and one of which is a UAB transfer. That is a major downgrade from Parker, Rodgers, and De la Cruz. UK has done a much better job recruiting this position in 2013 and 2014.

TE - Big Louisville advantage. Keith Towbridge and Charles Stanberry are a much better TE pair than UK's freshmen CJ Conrad and Daryl Long.
OL - Big UK advantage. I would rank Louisville's 2015 Oline as one of the worst in all of college football. They were terrible in 2014 and that was with two high draft picks and another 4-year senior starter. Charlie Strong did a terrible job recruiting this position and Petrino's lunatic OL coach ran-off a bunch of their soft Olinemen during the 1st spring there. Louisville's two returning starting Olinemen consist of a player Charlie Strong cut from the team last January (Epps) and a walk-on who played terribly last season (Hughly). UK returns 7 of its 8-man OL rotation from last season, 4 of which were redshirt freshmen. UK's Oline should be much improved and is much deeper than Louisville's.

DL - Big Louisville advantage. Louisville has one of the best 3-4 fronts in college football. I think Rankins is the best player on their team and is probably the best DL we will face all season. Udub transfer Pio Vatuvei played well last season and DeAngelo Brown is a huge run-stopper. They have a really nice 5-man rotation along the line. UK has two serviceable senior DEs and an elite NG in Melvin Lewis.
LB - Big Louisville advantage. Louisville has an elite pair of starting ILBs, although will have to replace their 2 starting OLBs who were drafted. 50/50 chance their big-time TCU Big XII defensive player of the year qualifies academically and enrolls in school, so this position will take a huge blow if he doesn't. UK is much improved at ILB, though Kelsey/Burgess are much better than Forest/Flannigan. UK has no depth at OLB and loses Dupree.

DB - Even. Louisville has the 2 Georgia transfers, but questions surround the other projected starters and 2nd teammers in their secondary. UK's top 3 CBs have been terrible the past 3 years, but at least they are now seniors with a ton of experience. I think the secondary is a major weakness for both teams.

K - Even. Wallace and McGuiness are both elite kickers.
P - Big UK advantage. Louisville's punter last season was atrocious. Landon Foster is just OK.

I'd wait and let the DL and LB position play out before you hand them a "huge" advantage at either position. Huguenin, Hatcher, Forrest, Flannigan, Lewis, Elam, Meant, Miggins, Bell, CJ Johnson, Ware, Daniel, Firios, Jones, and Walker all are going to have a great chance to play on Sunday at some point. If I have a choice between taking their 3-4 really good players or having our 15 quality players they can have their guys give me the depth. We have players that can match their top guys in the front 7 believe it or not. UL's backups looked very unimpressive getting torched for 60+ in their spring game by two QBs that we all know are very mediocre

At TE I like Towbridge for UL but Stanberry doesn't impress me at all. He didnt look like a threat to stretch the field in their Spring game. He looked a step slow like he carries bad weight. I'd take CJ Conrad over either of them in a heartbeat. Conrad was catching everything in his radius in the Spring. He makes acrobatic catches and his YAC is impressive. Conrad is a bigger threat to take it to the house than either of UL's TEs that are much more possession receivers

First of all, let me acknowledge you for offering an opinion based on your own observations and not on hearsay from others who probably were not there as well. And (while I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel against UK) I can agree with several of your thoughts. I hate 1s v 2s scrimmage game but fortunately saw some 1s v 1s work in other practice sessions. The O-line is very suspect and without doubt is the biggest question mark for the entire team. Depth at WR may be a problem. And, yes, a no QB contact scrimmage affords a big advantage to the QB. But that's true no matter where or who (e.g., Barker's 40 yard TD pass to Snodgrass in UK's open scrimmage would have been a 7 yard sack in a real game). But that is about all to which I can agree...

About the WRs...I'm not sure about your reference to "Samples". I think you probably are referring to Jamari Staples (transfer from UAB) or Jaquay Savage (formerly J. Williams, transfer from aTm). The WR losses were Parker, Rodgers and to a lesser extent De La Cruz and no body is going to "replace" Parker. But the guys I mentioned plus early enrollee Treveon Samuels (sat out game w/injury) and possibly 4* FR DeVante Peete (some rumors about possible qualifying problems) should be an adequate supporting cast around Quick.

The Offense Overall...will probably be much like last year, shaky (primarily due to O-line play).

About the Secondary....both safeties (GA transfer J. H. Clemons and SO Chuckie Williams) are over 6' tall and over 200#. Both CBs (SO. T. Washington Shaq Wiggins (did not play due to injury) are about 5'10". IMO, a decent starting secondary (especially considering the wipeout losses) but injuries could cause problems.

About the TEs...2 pretty good "true" TEs in JR Keith Towbridge and r-FR Micky Crum but either unlikely as good as Christian (surprised he was last guy taken in the draft). SO Charles Standberry was used mainly as "flex" TE this spring.

About the QBs...Bolin was 8 for 11 for 169 yards and 2 TDs (55 and 34 yards) in his brief time with the #1 offense...not sure how that is "struggling". I watched a bunch of practices this spring and focused mainly on the QBs. I think Bolin is better in the passing game. He is more accurate, sees the field better and can run well enough to scramble or pull off an occasional QB run. Bonnafon is a great athlete. Had he played QB all 3 years at THS I think he would now be a terrific college QB. He has improved over last season in terms of accuracy but still seems "behind" in some aspects of QB play (e.g., keeping eyes down field when scrambling, getting the ball out at the proper time, "leading" the receiver into the catch). Unless the always injured Corvin Lamb gets some snaps, Bonnafon will be the fastest guy lined up in the Cards backfield; he's got some wheels. Personally, I thought Bolin had an edge most of spring but it looks like Bonnafon will start the 1st game starter.

All, of course, JMO.

Peace

No question, despite losing 10-11 guys to the NFL draft, they're likely to be much more talented than last season (LOL).

This series tends to swing in chunks. U of L won four straight. Then UK won four straight. Now U of L has won four straight.

As for trying to "crystal ball" this years game, LOLOLOLOL! Good luck. It was a little easier when the game was played as the season opener. Now that it's been moved to the season finale, there's no use in even trying to break down match ups.

GBB!!!

You "C'mon dude" and get ready for what is coming. UL was very lucky to win last year, a dropped EASY INT away from losing. UL lost a lot, UK has a lot coming back, game is at home for UK....UK may already have 6 wins by the time the two play this year, and will win by 10.

Just 6?

i really do find it odd that ul fans dont see that how close last years game was should be an eye opener to them. we were wore out and beat down at the end of the year. we looked bad in 3 of the last 4.... the one exception... the ul game. we lost 5 contributors and get a whole bunch of rs's, soph's, and some medicals added this year. i know they have the transfers and the juco's coming in but i just see the depth on the 2 teams reversing a bit this year.

i dont expect ul fans to think they will lose this game but im listening to some of them at work and around town act like if UK beats ul this year it will be the biggest upset in history and something bad must of happened to ul during the season. they complained that the ruckus before the game was the reason it was so close cause it got them out of their game plan. but before the game started they were bragging that the ruckus would cause us to lose by more cause "no one steps on the bird".

UK had two weeks to prepare. UofL was coming of an emotional win a ND. The Cats came out full of piss and vinegar and played terrific to start the game. The Cards settled in and fought their way back to claim the victory. In the end, the better team won. Good game.

UK had two weeks to prepare. UofL was coming of an emotional win a ND. The Cats came out full of piss and vinegar and played terrific to start the game. The Cards settled in and fought their way back to claim the victory. In the end, the better team won. Good game.

still doesn't change the fact that we were beat up and several guys had surgery after that game from lingering injuries during the season. also doesn't change the fact that we will be deeper at every position on the field except rb this year.

The trending is what is important, UK is trending up, UL down. As UKErik said, the series seems to be going in chunks of four, UL four straight, UK four straight, UL four straight (thanks to hurtt and jurich willing to do anything to win), now it is UK's turn.

And I doubt very much if UL ever comes close to winning four straight against UK ever again. I think UK is fortunate to have UL as our Big 5 OOC foe in the long run.

Ah ok I gotcha! I didn't know this.
well you sent what 5 to the nfl last year and 10 this year... do you think your going to do better than that or even similiar this year? we sent what, 1 last year and 2 this year and expect to send 4 or 5 this year. so trajectory,,,, yeah. up and down.

All I know is Petrino took WKU and gave us a beating....

Until Stoops proves he can beat Petrino, I will not talk trash about UL football.

The loss to UL last season was one of the biggest choke jobs in UK football history.

You must be like 10 years old then.

UT game was a blowout, but you can tell how much coach Stoops has done to improve the roster and play calling. If Joker was still the coach, the score would have been 128-0.
Boom Williams rushed four times for zero yards but he almost scored every time

UT game was a blowout, but you can tell how much coach Stoops has done to improve the roster and play calling. If Joker was still the coach, the score would have been 128-0.
Boom Williams rushed four times for zero yards but he almost scored every time
go away. every thing you said is either stupid or dumb.

i'll bet some UK fans troll utee in basketball even though its pointless to pick on people below you and i'lll bet this a-hole is a utee fan that gets off on picking on UK fans because uga and uf consistently whoop his teams ass so his sorry ass low life self esteem leads him here to talk to trash to a team that isnt whooping his sorry ass teams ass!!!!! i hope we whoop your lowlifes ass next year.

[QUOTE="WildCard, post: 1691919, member:

About the Secondary....both safeties (GA transfer J. H. Clemons and SO Chuckie Williams) are over 6' tall and over 200#. Both CBs (SO. T. Washington Shaq Wiggins (did not play due to injury) are about 5'10". IMO, a decent starting secondary (especially considering the wipeout losses) but injuries could cause problems.

All, of course, JMO.

Peace[/QUOTE]

Clemons is a good player, S is probably his best position because of his size, he was 6'5" about 215 at UGA, I would guess he is near that now which makes him too small for an OLB. But like I said he is a good player, a tad slow for S but he has some good instincts and coverage skills and pretty good in run support. WIggins on the other hand isn't a P5 DB, he is small, maybe 5'10 160, but he is so slow, he might run under 4.8 but he won't touch the 4.6's. He is a liability against the run because of his size, when he signed with us he flirted with other schools after his committment, I was hoping he would flip, to anywhere hopefully a team we played. But the one thing he is, or was AA at, is talking trash to opposing players, even after a 20 yard completion against him. Pruitt told him he had played his last down at UGA, why he transferred, he wasn't dismissed. Only trouble he was ever in was driving without a license. Not a bad kid, just in over his head athletically in P5 football.

Wildcard,

If I'm not mistaken, you posted in a thread a couple of weeks ago saying you are unsure of how much better UK's offense can be because of poor O-line play. Yet you are now pretending that UL will be "shaky" because of questionable O-line play. The truth is, I'm concerned about UK's O-line but I would still take them over UL's. I think most unbiased UL fans would as well. The offense for UL next year will be bad and that's putting it nicely.

Now, I apologize if it wasn't you that said that in a previous thread. But I have seen it mentioned by UL fans over here that UK will still be poor offensively because of the line play, but can't seem to fathom just how bad UL's line will be. I know this is partially due to the propaganda jurich and company spew out. But if you can't see that UK is on the upswing going into this season, and UL is on the downswing, then you're not as objectionable as I had assumed. Bama can afford to lose a ton of talent to the NFL, UL cannot.

Catfanforlife87,

I understand that the bottom 2/3 of the ACC is not as strong as other conferences. But it's still stronger than the Big East and the schedule is tougher than UL is accustomed to playing.

Going into the UK game next season, UL could easily have 6 losses.

Auburn
Clemson
NC State
FSU
Virginia
Pitt

And as far as that goes, Houston won't be an easy game. And Wake Forest looks to be improved as well.

UL is gonna have a rude awakening next year. And quite possibly could come into Commonwealth needing to win to make a bowl game. Of course, I put nothing by jurich. So if UL comes in needing to win that game, I expect to see Bridgewater trot out on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT