ADVERTISEMENT

TNT/CBS to do a UK biased broadcast. Who do u want for announce team?

Jamal Mashburn and Ashley Judd.
roll.r191677.gif

John Wall, Anthony Davis, and Brandon Knight, with Demarcus Cousins doing the sideline reporting.

That would be: a) awesome. b) even more awesome for recruiting.

Originally posted by Big Blue 1977:
In addition to the normal anti-UK broadcast? Let's see what Len, Webber, and Spanarkel are up to. They ought to be put on TruTV and just talk ish about us all game. Cameo by Billy Packer.
Throw in Bobby Knight, Digger Phelps, John Feinstein, and Pete Thamel. Would love to see their response if UK wins.

Anybody but that crew who did the Midwest Regional, the worst I've heard since Billy Packer was canned. I don't want Gottfried as he is unlistenable. Nantz is good even if he is a Duke fan. I wish Greenberg would do analyst work. He is excellent.

Originally posted by GYERater:
Would be nice to bring Rex back into the fold.
I believe in giving second chances but Rex should never have been on the broadcast. He was awful. Hopefully, UK can incorporate him doing other things but not as an analyst. What's up with his case?

I'd really like to hear Joe Dean Sr. say "String music", and "Barn burner" just one more time.....

Originally posted by Kampus Korner:

I believe in giving second chances but Rex should never have been on the broadcast. He was awful. Hopefully, UK can incorporate him doing other things but not as an analyst. What's up with his case?
Well you know who was responsible for that: Matt Jones

He somehow met Rex a few months before and was touting him for the job non-stop on his radio show and by God he got it

Thank you, Matt

dead.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Samwise Ganjee:

Originally posted by Kampus Korner:

Well you know who was responsible for that: Matt Jones

He somehow met Rex a few months before and was touting him for the job non-stop on his radio show and by God he got it

Thank you, Matt

dead.r191677.gif
Rex should have zero to do with UK going forward. He stabbed BBN in the back more than once so I say screw him.

Ill Wildcat, Pascat and throw in a past UK player...

If we are going homer....let's go all in, full homer mode.

I've never heard a word spoken by either of these guys but I doubt they could do worse than Rex, Jones or Bromley.

Weren't there only 2 guys in the booth last year (Bromley and Rex)? I assume they'll do the same thing again.

Not if Hammond is available due to NBC, but the only issue with Hammond and Conley is that they most definitely would be neutral and never be a "fan" broadcasting team.

I actually would love to have a crew of 3 that includes at least 1 high profile pure fan who is talking through the anxiety, joy and pain of watching a UK Final Four and Championship game. I might night watch that broadcast live, but I definitely would DVR it and watch for pure entertainment.

It would be that homerish, but I'd like to see/hear Gus Johnson do the play by play with Macy and Conley doing color. Then Dominic Papa on sideline reporting!!

hqdefault.jpg

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:
It would be that homerish, but I'd like to see/hear Gus Johnson do the play by play with Macy and Conley doing color. Then Dominic Papa on sideline reporting!!

ec
Definitely Dom Papa has to come back to BBN

Originally posted by JasonS.:
Kind of hard to beat Rex's turn last year. Whomever does it will have to dip themselves in kerosene and light a match.
This confuses me. Rex was awful. If I had a quarter for every time he said "eat glass big boy" or "soft paws", I could do my damned laundry.

Originally posted by kyfan606:

It will be Rob Bromley/Buzz Baker/ and a former player Macy is my guess.
dead.r191677.gif
if this is true.

Might as well add a jar of mayonnaise with a headset to complete the crew.

Nothing gets me more amped up than listening to Tom Leach and Mike Pratt. Put 'em on TV.

Originally posted by CatInKansas:

Originally posted by JasonS.:
Kind of hard to beat Rex's turn last year. Whomever does it will have to dip themselves in kerosene and light a match.
This confuses me. Rex was awful. If I had a quarter for every time he said "eat glass big boy" or "soft paws", I could do my damned laundry.
Meant more his Monday night social media theatrics than his Saturday night performance. Only heard clips of his broadcasts. Was at the game.

It'd be sweet if they could get Mashburn. I know he's under contract with espn but maybe they'd lend him out for a night
3dgrin.r191677.gif

So, I'm hearing Rex might be doing it again? How is that even possible?

I hope I'm getting bad info.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT