ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports’ Norlander says he believes Cal is done at UK

This is the TRUTH! Even the most dominant freshmen 5 star recruits struggle against average older players. Muscle has so much to do with it.
Give me a great x and o coach with 5 star freshman I like my chances. Cal couldn’t win this tourney if he hand picked his team

If Mitch Barnhart is allowed to hire Calipari's replacement it's going to be Scott Drew. Just the way it is. I'm fine with that BTW. There may be more desirable options but, not many of them are realistic. Pearl will never even be considered as long as MB is here. So, you say "fire Mitch too"? Not going to happen. The Board of Trustees and the President love him. He's a money-maker and that's all they care about.
So, best case scenario right now is Calipari leaves or is bought out and is replaced by Scott Drew.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Aaron Torres said it as well. Everyone can see it, but the only person that can make it happen. I wish a multi-billionair UK fan would pay him to get the hell out of this state.

Yeah I don't get down with judging people like that. At least he respects the history of Uk basketball and understands the fans desire to win. I think we would still get good recruits with him and he coaches his teams to have an edge.
Appreciate your take. I just think we can do so much better than Pearl. Time needs to be taken to make the right hire and not rush into hiring too quickly.

If Mitch Barnhart is allowed to hire Calipari's replacement it's going to be Scott Drew. Just the way it is. I'm fine with that BTW. There may be more desirable options but, not many of them are realistic. Pearl will never even be considered as long as MB is here. So, you say "fire Mitch too"? Not going to happen. The Board of Trustees and the President love him. He's a money-maker and that's all they care about.
So, best case scenario right now is Calipari leaves or is bought out and is replaced by Scott Drew.
I"m afraid you are right

but Barnhart needs to be fired.

Unfortunately nobody out there excites me as a replacement.

Cal’s shelf life is expired at UK. Need new energy and culture
Jay Wright didn't excite anyone until he won 2 titles. Scott Drew didn't either until he won one. There are people who can coach, given the right circumstances.

Appreciate your take. I just think we can do so much better than Pearl. Time needs to be taken to make the right hire and not rush into hiring too quickly.
I would like to think there is also but I just don't see who it would be. I think some of the names people bring up are just silly and unrealistic. The former nba coach types just seem like a bad fit. It takes a certain personality to coach at college level.

fMHwI41.png

I would like to think there is also but I just don't see who it would be. I think some of the names people bring up are just silly and unrealistic. The former nba coach types just seem like a bad fit. It takes a certain personality to coach at college level.
That coach is out there even though he may not be a house-hold name. That said, I don't know who yet it might be and I'm OK with it. I just want a committee to take the time and look at all candidates and that person doesn't have to be some "so-called" marquee name. Todd Golden is a good example of the "type" of candidate that might be intriguing to consider. No one really knew much about Pitino before he was hired. Just my thoughts. I absolutely don't want Barnhart to unilaterally make the hire. All the best.

He's exactly right, and I said it earlier today in some other thread here. All our first round draft picks are fools gold when it comes to college success. A first round pick means you'll be a good NBA player in a year or more, not that you're necessarily an elite player now.

EvanMiya ranks player's efficiency. Our only two in the top 100 were Reed and Rob. Houston has like four guys, Marquette has three or four. Those teams have better college players than we have. Dillingham will be drafted before Shead, but Shead is the better player now, and that's all that matters in the tournament.

That coach is out there even though he may not be a house-hold name. That said, I don't know who yet it might be and I'm OK with it. I just want a committee to take the time and look at all candidates and that person doesn't have to be some "so-called" marquee name. Todd Golden is a good example of the "type" of candidate that might be intriguing to consider. No one really knew much about Pitino before he was hired. Just my thoughts. I absolutely don't want Barnhart to unilaterally make the hire. All the best.
I like Golden also

Pearl is my pick! Why? He so desperately wants a team that can give him his first championship. At Auburn it's extremely hard to put together the full package. Although rather close. But at KY, the dream comes true for him. Negotiate Cal out and Pearl in. Within the next 18 months at the latest. Imho

I’m am literally just asking you what you thought, and you are taking shots and being a prick. Jesus Christ dude, I just wanted to know what a cal fanboy though now, but **** your opinion, go shove it your ass for all I care
Why don't you just come try to do that yourself bitch?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT