ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor Insiders don't believe Drew will accept UK's offer

During these things a lot of people on both side put out stuff indicating they have inside knowledge. One group will be right and they can claim victory. Doesn't mean they actually knew anything, just gambling. If they are wrong, nobody remembers anyway.

EXACTLY!!

if he does turn down the job then it may be another week or so before a coach is in place. I would assume all the recruits will be asking to be released. Next year could be extremely rough.

if he does turn down the job then it may be another week or so before a coach is in place. I would assume all the recruits will be asking to be released. Next year could be extremely rough.
It's all about the money & if kids know there is an opportunity for playing time that has money, they will come. It's different now.

If a man let's his mother in law dictate his life he is no man.

Scott Drew's motto is J.O.Y.

It is the order in which one's focus should be on

1. Jesus
2. Others
3. Yourself

So in alliance with Drew's motto, he would allow others (his wife and mother in law) to dictate his life, it is clearly stated in what he believes.

At the 9 minute mark he clearly states his mission is to keep others ahead of yourself

Even if they do there's still plenty of coaches available that have a much higher trajectory than the path we were on. Still have a chance with Billy D.
Suppose we don't secure a coach from tier 1, I think Miller, Beard, Golden, or even Wade would be able to get us back in the final four within 4 years. Regardless what happens, UK basketball is getting back to being about UK basketball not a NBA farm team.
No lol, that whole group you just named I.ln the second paragraph is bad minus maybe beard but he is a terrible person. Donavon is just way too much of a gamble. There is no guarantee he takes the job or even wants the job, and then on top of that you’re basically giving in like 7-14 days to build a roster.

No lol, that whole group you just named I.ln the second paragraph is bad minus maybe beard but he is a terrible person. Donavon is just way too much of a gamble. There is no guarantee he takes the job or even wants the job, and then on top of that you’re basically giving in like 7-14 days to build a roster.
I can't just not mention the irony. Your username is "don't worry about it" but you are the most worried sounding person here haha.

It's Drew

I can't just not mention the irony. Your username is "don't worry about it" but you are the most worried sounding person here haha.

It's Drew
Rock you are the 5000th person to make that joke to me, yes I know, that’s why I choose the username. I’m joking/interaction baiting most of the time on here. I really don’t worry that much about it, I just like talking to people on here, and a lot of times you have to lean to a far extreme for good/fun conversations. Now I do think(not baiting) that Drew’s family not liking it here could be a thing, and that could lead to problems, but like everybody else I know absolutely nothing.

Reactions: Rockfly78
Some on here are hilarious (and a bit sad). A few hours ago NOBODY had ever heard of this Baylor “insider” and now we have clowns on here going to bat for him, talking about how connected he is, how the community is religious (so overblown) and tight nit and this dude definitely knows the inside scoop. You have no damn clue WTF you are blabbing about.

Just stop already.
Says the person that lies about being an insider all the time. Lied and told me Oscar was scared to drive his Porsche and then deleted the comment and the same guy that calls players all sorts of names in game threads.

Just stop posting already.

Rock you are the 5000th person to make that joke to me, yes I know, that’s why I choose the username. I’m joking/interaction baiting most of the time on here. I really don’t worry that much about it, I just like talking to people on here, and a lot of times you have to lean to a far extreme for good/fun conversations. Now I do think(not baiting) that Drew’s family not liking it here could be a thing, and that could lead to problems, but like everybody else I know absolutely nothing.
Serious question. Do you sleep? You couldn't have gotten more than 4 hours last night.

Reactions: Rockfly78
Actually, I think it would be the most loving, respectable and manly thing he could do. Christ so loved the church that he laid down his life, Christ chose humiliation and crucifixion.

Loving someones means sacrificing, serving and submitting. If he truly loves his MIL and she is completely against the move, the only manly thing to do would be to turn the job down.

A child's love is led by his emotions. A man's love is guided by principles. Sacrificial love and servanthood love are higher forms of love that takes maturity and leads to character.
All the preaching aside....Would your mother in law keep you from a 5 million a year raise? Just cause she didn't want to move?

Real talk, if I had to guess I'd say the moment his family members agreed to board the plane it was probably a done deal. That was an act of resignation.

Reactions: TankedCat
Real talk, if I had to guess I'd say the moment his family members agreed to board the plane it was probably a done deal. That was an act of resignation.
as much as they like Waco (never been but I lived in Austin), I have to believe Lexington, with dogwoods in bloom and the bluegrass turning out in full right now has to have some appeal. I can't speak to the change of life of making $3.5m to $7m (or whatever its going to be) but certainly he can do a lot for many people in his life.

But there is a price to pay. He'll never have lunch alone at a $7.99 Lunch Special Mexican place again

Rage GIF
Drew's mommy said he can't come.

I think the plane shit scared his family and the stuff our idiot fans did with the restaurant scared them as well
The plane isn’t that crazy…..but calling the restaurant just makes you shake your head. That would legit make ppl say wtf especially if they are the type that wants some level of privacy and that concern was their biggest hold up

All the preaching aside....Would your mother in law keep you from a 5 million a year raise? Just cause she didn't want to move?

His net worth is 15 million, I don't think money is an issue for him and his family.

His motto is Jesus, others, yourself. I dont think Drew's primary goal is stacking millions

Reactions: CatsFanIL

1. Jesus
2. Others
3. Yourself

So in alliance with Drew's motto, he would allow others (his wife and mother in law) to dictate his life, it is clearly stated in what he believes.

At the 9 minute mark he clearly states his mission is to keep others ahead of yourself

This is not a productive strategy to leverage a job offer to increase your existing salary.

1. Jesus
2. Others
3. Yourself

Could you imagine how awesome this world would be if everyone followed this motto?

Put others first and not be so selfish all the time?

Maybe money is not his primary drive in life. I didnt see money anywhere in JOY
If that's truly his primary motivator, he is a better person than most, and we should all aspire to the example. If you offer me $11 MM, and I'm making $6 MM, I'd be hard pressed to stick by my beliefs. That said, it would be one hell of a test to pass. In today's world, I guess I'm just more cynical than most.

Maybe money is not his primary drive in life. I didnt see money anywhere in JOY
Sounds like self righteous BS to me.... think of all the good you can do with that money.... selfish move by his family to keep him from the job.....that being said I wasn't impressed with him as the hire anyway

Look yall I’ve done this for a long time. Well I’m 38 but it’s been long enough. I have a wife and family.

If me and my wife are discussing a move, and I tell her hey, why don’t I stay back and you go look at this new bad ass place we’re deciding on, tell me what you think. I think you’ll like it” and she goes to see it..

It means the decision has already been made lol. It means yes.
This hasn't aged well

Some on here are hilarious (and a bit sad). A few hours ago NOBODY had ever heard of this Baylor “insider” and now we have clowns on here going to bat for him, talking about how connected he is, how the community is religious (so overblown) and tight nit and this dude definitely knows the inside scoop. You have no damn clue WTF you are blabbing about.

Just stop already.
cry baby GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT