ADVERTISEMENT

A new Coach at UK needs a legendary rollout.

BigKari

Senior
Apr 15, 2014
The way I’d do it is absolutely crush it with the intro press conference ✅

Then I’d sit back and plan my next big statement. Several teams making big splashes in the transfer portal, but what if we did a cannonball off the high dive? How would it look if we secured commitments from 5 of our top 10 transfer portal targets, but had them all wait to announce it together? Then on the team socials you put up their pics in UK gear with the caption #IGotMy5

It would be another reversal from the Cal era where everyone needed their special moment to do anything. It would be a huge statement, kinda showing “we planned this, we’re already a team”. Makes it so much less about the individual and “how much is their NIL deal??”. Then just the optics of landing 5 transfers in one day and everyone just being like “yo WTF did Mark Pope just pull off!!?? 🤯🤯🤯”.

The way I’d do it is absolutely crush it with the intro press conference ✅

Then I’d sit back and plan my next big statement. Several teams making big splashes in the transfer portal, but what if we did a cannonball off the high dive? How would it look if we secured commitments from 5 of our top 10 transfer portal targets, but had them all wait to announce it together? Then on the team socials you put up their pics in UK gear with the caption #IGotMy5

It would be another reversal from the Cal era where everyone needed their special moment to do anything. It would be a huge statement, kinda showing “we planned this, we’re already a team”. Makes it so much less about the individual and “how much is their NIL deal??”. Then just the optics of landing 5 transfers in one day and everyone just being like “yo WTF did Mark Pope just pull off!!?? 🤯🤯🤯”.
I like this idea and I’m going with it. Would be a subtle way to show the world that UK is back to a program first team.

Also if something like this is planned, it might explain why Perry hasn’t come out and said he is sticking. Waiting for the big reveal.

As long as you don’t promise those five guys starting spots. Have to guard against fragile egos if they eventually lose their spot.

Reactions: Easternkybb
Hope you are right, but this maybe just wishful thinking.
Truth is, outside of BYU and Kentucky, Pope is and unknown commodity.
A lot of recruits know all about Kentucky but know next to nothing about Mark Pope.
It may take a season of Pope coaching Kentucky up, before recruiting starts picking up and recruits aren't so wary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT