ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor Insiders don't believe Drew will accept UK's offer

No clue, I just don’t think he would be as good as some are acting like but I would welcome him and be on board if hired
New article up by Herald Leader writer says Donovan is very likely interested in coming, but has told UK he won’t discuss terms until next Wednesday due to his Bulls commitments. Implies Donovan hopes UK job is still available then.

U believe this Baylor guy that’s talking?
He’s not just a guy. He’s their main insider. And remember, Baylor is a tight knit, smaller Baptist University. The information they share isn’t as recycled and manipulated as some other sites. I think he’s speaking what he has been told is the truth by a very reliable, family source.

New article up by Herald Leader writer says Donovan is very likely interested in coming, but has told UK he won’t discuss terms until next Wednesday due to his Bulls commitments. Implies Donovan hopes UK job is still available then.
That's interesting because TJ Walker just said "The guy after Drew will be a yes and a lock, if it even gets that far." And MJ said UK's coach list was #1 Hurley, #2 Drew, #3 Donovan. However I think Oats or Alabama's AD was first talked to.

Reactions: Fox2monk and wfc7
That's interesting because TJ Walker just said "The guy after Drew will be a yes and a lock, if it even gets that far." And MJ said UK's coach list was #1 Hurley, #2 Drew, #3 Donovan. However I think Oats or Alabama's AD was first talked to.
Yes, if Coach Drew and his family prayerfully discern they are better off staying at Baylor, I think Billy Donovan wants the job.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
Yes, if Coach Drew and his family prayerfully discern they are better off staying at Baylor, I think Billy Donovan wants the job.
Then why not offer Billy Donovan first? The list should have been Hurley, Wright, Donovan, then Drew. And apparently they haven't even talked to Wright and just assume that he doesn't want to coach again. And they are offering Drew when they think Donovan would be a lock?

They already have Hurley wants to 3 peat at UConn. His wife he says would divorce him if he were to entertain the KY job.
Apparently the offer was only 11 million. If they really wanted the money to talk the offer should have been 15 million with additional bonus incentives if doing well in the NCAA Tourney

• Wow
Reactions: catben
Then why not offer Billy Donovan first? The list should have been Hurley, Wright, Donovan, then Drew. And apparently they haven't even talked to Wright and just assume that he doesn't want to coach again. And they are offering Drew when they think Donovan would be a lock?
Because Coach Drew was first on Mitch’s list based on Mitch’s faith and leadership principles, which, as much as I respect them, don’t always serve him well when making best decisions for UK’s Basketball context.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
No no. You leave out the oats deal. Pay the buyout. Don’t take no for an answer

Reactions: Anthony B
They offered Hurley first he was Craft and some other boosters #1 choice. He declined unfortunately and Drew is Barnhart’s 2nd choice. Boosters are behind Drew being 2nd and will pony up the money for NIL also

Apparently the offer was only 11 million. If they really wanted the money to talk the offer should have been 15 million with additional bonus incentives if doing well in the NCAA Tourney
Sounds like there has been no offer to anyone other than drew.

Reactions: Fox2monk
They offered Hurley first he was Craft and some other boosters #1 choice. He declined unfortunately and Drew is Barnhart’s 2nd choice. Boosters are behind Drew being 2nd and will pony up the money for NIL also
The word is hurley was never offered. Drew was second to be approached after oats. Bama ad said no negotiating on the buy out Mitch went to drew next.

Hurley through direct contact or back channels was offered the job 7 years 77 million.
Back channel isn’t offering its feeling out. I heard MJ say tonight that Hurley is next and they will make a massive offer. Sounded legit. The oats stuff don’t know why that’s not being discussed. I understand money but the right fit might cost you extra

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
I could be absolutely wrong, but I’m confident that Drew is the only one who has been officially offered the job. He is Mitch’s first choice by far for ideological reasons. The boosters want Hurley or Donovan, but got behind the Drew offer being first because Hurley was noncommittal at best to discussion of needed terms for any offer. It does seem like Donovan wants the job to be available when he can talk details about it next week.

Back channel isn’t offering its feeling out. I heard MJ say tonight that Hurley is next and they will make a massive offer. Sounded legit. The oats stuff don’t know why that’s not being discussed. I understand money but the right fit might cost you extra
Maybe I’m wrong maybe I’m right either way KY is going to land a pretty big fish. If I’m wrong about Hurley my apologies but KY should have went Hurley Donavan Oats then Drew in that order

No no. You leave out the oats deal. Pay the buyout. Don’t take no for an answer
IMO Drew over Oats. Drew has a National Championship. Oats has a Final Four(with a team that had what 12 or 13 losses). I've never been scared to play against Alabama in basketball. Some of Baylor's team have made me worried like in the 2012 Elite Eight. Oats would be in the second tier. It would be Oats, Pearl, then maybe Beard, then maybe Smart, then maybe Miller.

Reactions: TheBlueCat
No it definitely is lol. The literal only person saying it’s not is some dude name Ashley and he said “bold prediction”. It’s a little Wild West supposedly one family member saying no and another saying it’s taking it
That Ashley supposedly is correct a lot of the time.

This is not accurate according to UK insiders
Maybe I’m wrong maybe I’m right either way KY is going to land a pretty big fish. If I’m wrong about Hurley my apologies but KY should have went Hurley Donavan Oats then Drew in that order
it went Oats, Drew with a side of Hurley. Bama ad said no, not oats. Hurley was still talking to them and Drew is basically a hair away from being the guy

That Ashley supposedly is correct a lot of the time.
But he’s not saying it’s from a source. He’s saying his bold prediction. It’s because Drew’s mil doesn’t want the move as she lives with them. However, apparently Drew’s godson was on trilly’s discord or whatever saying he is taking the position

This is not accurate according to UK insiders

it went Oats, Drew with a side of Hurley. Bama ad said no, not oats. Hurley was still talking to them and Drew is basically a hair away from being the guy
Well if you have Hurley listening why the hell are you offering to Drew. Go all in on Hurley and if when he says no move on

• Love
Reactions: 4UK4Life
I could be absolutely wrong, but I’m confident that Drew is the only one who has been officially offered the job. He is Mitch’s first choice by far for ideological reasons. The boosters want Hurley or Donovan, but got behind the Drew offer being first because Hurley was noncommittal at best to discussion of needed terms for any offer. It does seem like Donovan wants the job to be available when he can talk details about it next week.
If Drew turns down. There is no reason why we can't wait. It's just fans wanting this done yesterday. Get your guy, get it right. Then call next year. Year 1. Simple as that. Put 5 players on court. And the new beginning starts.

But he’s not saying it’s from a source. He’s saying his bold prediction. It’s because Drew’s mil doesn’t want the move as she lives with them. However, apparently Drew’s godson was on trilly’s discord or whatever saying he is taking the position
This space I’m listening to had a Baylor fan who pays for that Ashley guys pay wall stuff, and the bold prediction stuff was about the portal and he was more confident about Drew coming back

Reactions: wfc7
I'm pretty sure he said he would guess or thinks not that it's definitely going to happen.

No it definitely is lol. The literal only person saying it’s not is some dude name Ashley and he said “bold prediction”. It’s a little Wild West supposedly one family member saying no and another saying it’s taking it
Yes the most trusted Baylor insider said this…… so pick who you believe. Kentucky insiders or someone close to the situation? We won’t have to wait much longer to find out who was right

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT