ADVERTISEMENT

TJ Walker...great tweet!!

I'm not picking sides on whatever people are debating here because I can recognize the absolute shit show this season was without devolving to hysterics, but the people who have fixated on the "Power 5 Wins in the Tournament" stat are weird.

A tournament win is a tournament win. To construe it as anything else is nonsensical and is the most clear agenda-driven stat I've seen people give out in a long time.

Man, good thing we beat UMass in 96' because that would have been EMBARRASSING. Marcus Camby be damned they weren't a Power 5 team!! Shew, bullet dodged! Once you're in the tournament, conference affiliations mean jack shit.
No, beating Buffalo or Wofford in the tournament is certainly not the same as beating UNC, Auburn, Kansas state or Indiana. Give me a break. Just because you don't like the fact, doesn't make it less valid.

There is a huge difference between power 5 competition and mid major competition.

We laugh at Gonzaga constantly for the mid major conference they play in. We also laugh at KU for losing to Bradley, NIU and Bucknell.

Your opinion on this is just that, an opinion, but losing to every power 5 team we run into, is a problem that young teams will usually have, especially in today's game.

The one P5 team we did manage to beat, had a freshman pg. What does that tell you? I'll give you two guesses, I think you'll need both.

Waah. You sound like some other people that whine these days. He could have said Chuck from Owensboro, Bill from Cynthiana, or Mike from Union....they all have the same meaning.
Awwwwm you butt hurt because people are calling out bottom feeders who reinforce their ego by demeaning those they see as less educated? Sounds like you might share some of this buffoon's elitist attitudes?

Rupp had one single final 4 from 1958-1972 & that was the Rupp's Runts team that lost to Texas Western in championship game.

Joe B. Hall had 3 final 4's from 1972-1985 & 1 championship (1978)
  • So the UK gold standard program had 4 final 4's & 1 championship from 1958-1985; the same Cal accomplished 2011-2015.
  • And you weirdly want to complain about Cal & how unacceptable 2016-2021 has been by UK standards...lol

Sutton zero final 4's 1985-1989

Pitino 3 final 4's & 1 championship 1993-1997...his best coaching job was the 97 team.

Cal 4 final 4's & 1 championship team 2010-2015

One thing I'll add about Cal's terrible down years 2016-2020. Last years team had 25 wins going into SEC tourney. It is very likely Cal would've had his 3rd 30 win season since 2016 if it was not shutdown...during the down years.

Some of you guys are just looney!

How did Rupp and UK win the 58 National championship if they didn't make the final four?

Why are you posting false information to prove you love Cal?

We already know that. May God grant you grace for the untruths you write on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1
How did Rupp and UK win the 58 National championship if they didn't make the final four?

Why are you posting false information to prove you love Cal?

We already know that. Mat God grant you grace for the untruths you write on here.
Hall
1 runner up
1 title
1 nit title
3 final fours
Cal
1 runner up
1 title
1 nit appearance
4 final fours

this guy is seriously trying to downplay Joe Hall when Cal is a modern day reincarnation of Hall.

Reactions: catben and cathouse
Compare any program to Cal's 5 seasons & you're not going to find any program or coach with that success.

2010: Elite 8
2011: Final 4
2012: final 4, National Champs
2013: NIT
2014: Final 4, National runner-up
2015: final 4

**I mean...come on! To expect that kind of run continuously is unrealistic.

2016: 2nd round
2017: Elite 8 (one shot shy)
2018: Sweet 16
2019: Elite 8 (one shot shy)
2020: Tourney canceled, projected 2 seed, won SEC by 3 games

**Yea, that's awful...lol. Schools would love even that.

You're just an emotional overreacting UK fan & it's blinding you to what you're saying. You're seeing what you want to see.
LOL to be clear, we were NEVER ANYWHERE CLOSE to a 2 seed last year. No one in their right mind was making that projection. Much more likely a 6 seed. KenPom projected us as an 8 seed. To say we were trending toward a 2 seed is delusional.

Does no one remember the Evansville albatross around our necks?

Awwwwm you butt hurt because people are calling out bottom feeders who reinforce their ego by demeaning those they see as less educated? Sounds like you might share some of this buffoon's elitist attitudes?
That’s not what TJ Walker is saying. I’ll take some artistic liberties to explain what he’s saying.

1) Covid caused a weird basketball season. You can call that an excuse, but you’d have to put in a whole lot of effort to see that it wasn’t a pretty bizarre season

2) While not at a 2012 peak, UK’s results do not merit firing (though they could of results continue)

3) Ickabod from Rabbit Hash waging political warfare on Kentucky DOES NOT represent Kentucky.

Basically, what Mr. Walker is saying is what the esteemed Eric Cartman stated in the most recent South Park. “While you have the right to your opinion, your opinion is stupid.”

Now, is it mean and just get lazy and call people stupid? Yes. Yes it is. But it’s also true.

Also, take in mind, you could substitute Ickabod in Rabbit Hash with Greg in Louisville, and the meaning is the same. It’s not about where you live

They're just angry and delusional G2You. They have never experienced a season like this one and they want someone to pay. The obvious choice seems to be the coach. I do understand the frustration with this season. I'm sure you do as well. We've both felt that same frustration and anger with this particular team. It was a flawed team from the get go.

But the thing fans struggle with, especially this close to the end of a painful season, is being rational and actually looking at the problem for viable solutions.

Is firing Calipari a legitimate solution right now? No. There is no A.D. in the world with a hall of fame coach with the track record of Calipari who could justify firing him now. With Cal's recent contract extension, the university wouldn't even consider this option for several more seasons. So, we can scream and shout and nothing will change.

What is a reasonable and viable solution? I said it above. This should be a wakeup call for Cal. There needs to be a way to retain players who are not legitimately jumping to the NBA. He needs to put a stop gap on the losing of players to transfer or to overseas. Players need to be told multiple years at UK is not a failure. Some guys take time to develop. If we had Hagans, Montgomery, and possibly Juzang, this season may have started (and ended) differently.

Other viable solutions include encouraging Cal to look at the entire program, his assistants, offense, defense, and see what went wrong. Now is a great time to evaluate the entire program. And I believe he will. I think he's been looking long and hard in that mirror as well. This kind of season is the kind to shake someone to their core.

And if we have another debacle next season, with a bunch of defections to nowhere, a bunch of losses, no staff changes or any real changes of any kind, we'll be looking at a situation similar to Tubby's last years. He was told to make changes to his staff but refused. He left in the middle of the night. I don't believe it will come to that with Cal. He's a smart guy and he's a very competitive guy. He will right the ship. He will likely be more focused and intense next season than he has been in some time. It will all end up being seen as a good thing in the end. Just my opinion.
Honest question: has Cal said anything that makes you think he'll change, even in any tiny way?

I’d also like to state that for the record I don’t give a flying **** if Calipari “changes.” What matters is that we win games. If that doesn’t change, we have a problem.

That’s not what TJ Walker is saying. I’ll take some artistic liberties to explain what he’s saying.

1) Covid caused a weird basketball season. You can call that an excuse, but you’d have to put in a whole lot of effort to see that it wasn’t a pretty bizarre season

2) While not at a 2012 peak, UK’s results do not merit firing (though they could of results continue)

3) Ickabod from Rabbit Hash waging political warfare on Kentucky DOES NOT represent Kentucky.

Basically, what Mr. Walker is saying is what the esteemed Eric Cartman stated in the most recent South Park. “While you have the right to your opinion, your opinion is stupid.”

Now, is it mean and just get lazy and call people stupid? Yes. Yes it is. But it’s also true.

Also, take in mind, you could substitute Ickabod in Rabbit Hash with Greg in Louisville, and the meaning is the same. It’s not about where you live
Then why didn't he say Greg in Louisville? Because Possum Trot sounds much more bucolic. Louisville doesn't provide the rural redneck idiot that Walker meant. You're wrong on this.

How many titles does Cal have? OH YEA THAT'S RIGHT 1.

After this particular season, and after the way Cal has handled it, anybody defending him can f right off.

• Haha
Reactions: RolandSchitt
Then why didn't he say Greg in Louisville? Because Possum Trot sounds much more bucolic. Louisville doesn't provide the rural redneck idiot that Walker meant. You're wrong on this.
Because Possum Trot sounds a lot more redneck.

(and yes I’m aware not all Possum Trottians are rednecks).

For someone whose every third post is a indictment of UK fans as racists or backward hillbillies, forgive me if I don't give your opinions too much credence.
But, my quick rebuttal is as follows...

1. Covid doesn't seem to have been a big problem for programs like Baylor, Michigan, Illinois, Gonzaga, Kansas (who bowed out of their conference tourney) , etc.

2. Haven't seen anyone say that a single-season results are worthy of firing. But, you're blind if you don't see a trend.

3. No idea who is "waging political warfare on Kentucky" or what that comment even means. But, it sounds a awful lot like the quote from the Walker guy in question.

4. JMO, but I don't think I'd base my argument on a quote from a cartoon character that is portrayed as a massive anti-Semite but, hey that's your choice.

For someone whose every third post is a indictment of UK fans as racists or backward hillbillies, forgive me if I don't give your opinions too much credence.
But, my quick rebuttal is as follows...

1. Covid doesn't seem to have been a big problem for programs like Baylor, Michigan, Illinois, Gonzaga, Kansas (who bowed out of their conference tourney) , etc.

2. Haven't seen anyone say that a single-season results are worthy of firing. But, you're blind if you don't see a trend.

3. No idea who is "waging political warfare on Kentucky" or what that comment even means. But, it sounds a awful lot like the quote from the Walker guy in question.

4. JMO, but I don't think I'd base my argument on a quote from a cartoon character that is portrayed as a massive anti-Semite but, hey that's your choice.

I don’t think UK fans are racist. I think there are racists who are UK fans. And it’s have no problem calling them out. Not sure why you insist on defending racism to be honest

Reactions: RolandSchitt
Do writers and the media not expect any frustration from Kentucky fans when we have a season like this? Someone nailed it earlier.. winning titles, even at UK, is rare and special. Know what else is rare? Kentucky winning 9 fvcking games.

Just let the fans vent and don’t get bent out of shape when they criticize the coach.

LOL to be clear, we were NEVER ANYWHERE CLOSE to a 2 seed last year. No one in their right mind was making that projection. Much more likely a 6 seed. KenPom projected us as an 8 seed. To say we were trending toward a 2 seed is delusional.

Does no one remember the Evansville albatross around our necks?
Closer to a two than a six seed.

The Possum Trot in Eastern Ky. must be a local name because when searching for the name , a town or settlement doesnt appear

I doubt it has a post office or anything which isn't uncommon. Growing up my nearest post office/postal mailing address was not even close to my holler. The rural route days.

No. I think Possum Trotters would probably agree their town name is worthy of a Jeff Foxworthy joke. Would any Possum Trottians like to weigh in?
But you said Walker could just as easily used Greg in Louisville as the example. And I said that he picked Connor in Possum Trot because it provides the redneck implication that Walker is going for. And you agreed with it. So, we agree that Walker couldn't use a guy from an urban area because he was slamming "dumb rednecks". Correct?

Good, now compare the talent that all those coaches had on their teams and compare the salaries.

Who has had the most talent?

Oh...ok. If Cal stinks so bad why couldn't coach K make a final 4 with 3 of the highest rated rosters in college basketball history?

Many of you guys did not like Cal before this year. So pile it on. If you like UK basketball for real then you see the ignorance of wanting Cal gone.

. If Cal stinks so bad why couldn't coach K make a final 4 with 3 of the highest rated rosters in college basketball history?
Uhhhhh.......for the same reason Cal has had problems with that recently. Lack of veteran leadership. Which is why we're ticked off. Was this a trick question?

Reactions: KyFaninNC
And how would you feel if Walker had said "Jerome from Clifton Heights"?
As a former resident of Clifton Heights, I’d probably find it to be quite the strange reference. For one, it’s not a predominately black area, so that’d be weird. Secondly, Clifton Heights sounds cool where Possum Trot doesn’t. Third, ask Cliftoners if they’re offended by having a dirty Kroger.

Great! He WAS winning basketball games, but this year he LOST a lot. You don't get a pass when you make $9 mil per year. Cal is paid to win and win a lot. This year is an absolute embarrassment and Cal was captain of the ship.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Buck in Fern Creek would’ve also been a timely reference if we are going to bring in neighborhoods.

And for the record, I have many friends in Fern Creek.

Great! He WAS winning basketball games, but this year he LOST a lot. You don't get a pass when you make $9 mil per year. Cal is paid to win and win a lot. This year is an absolute embarrassment and Cal was captain of the ship.
It doesn’t matter if you state you are giving him a pass or criticizing him. It’s not changing anything. I’d argue it just detracts from the effort of righting the ship

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT